• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anyone have experience with Requip or Mirapex for RLS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well well well...i posted in this thread a couple years ago and based my postings on knowledge, and not experience. Requip was prescribed to me for opioid withdrawal about a week ago, and after much assurance from my trusted doctor about Requip being a dopamine agonist, i took it, and it works. No flailing, kicking, dancing RLS feelings, which is my major symptom. This kick is going to be a cakewalk; those with RLS during withdrawal know what I mean.

I wish I could give you some advice.

Only thing I can offer, is the one time I went through full fledged withdrawals, and was actually clean, one and only time, I was much more nieve, and thought that the pain in my legs must be REAL pain, so I applied a massive amount of Icy/Hot to the back of my calves.

Needless to say, I didn't notice the restless legs so much, the burning trumped that.

^since this was originally posted 2 years ago, I doubt the OP is still in need of that advice.

Augmentation

I've been on Levocarb, an anti-parkinson's med, on and off since about March now. After quitting a moderate e habit and what was getting to be moderate coke habit, my RLS started getting real bad. I had been put on nEffexor and I definitely think it aggravated the condition.

My doc put me on levocarb and warned me about the augmentation and that I might eventually have to increase my dosage as a result. It worked well for the first couple of months, only needing half of my dosage (100-levo; 25-carb). But then after awhile, I could feel my rls symptoms come back and seemingly more intense than before. So I upped my dose to a full pill at bedtime.

I've stopped taken them completely a couple times now cause they were causing major muscle crampings (which is part of the side-effects and just makes sense since they're an anti-convulsant) and figured the RLS wasn't as painful as the other side-effects. After a few weeks of not sleeping though, I went back on and it's been a vicious cycle ever since.

I did try Myrapex for a couple of nights but they aggravated my symptoms even moreso and made me way nauseous .

I've been taking t3s to curb the pain/symptoms but hate taking them cause of the stupid caffeine just keeps me up anyway. I'm working on seeing a neurologist to check my dopamine levels just so I can know for sure that's what's going on. I also went to a sleep clinic and go for my follow up on Oct. 6th.

This shit fucking sucks eh, holay! Good luck to everyone.

requip/mirapex is a dopamine agonist:

basically this drug would have no effect on opiate withdrawals symptoms and would probably make it worse if anything.

be aware of the tolerance and tolerance/withdrawal effect of some direct dopamine agonists. requip shows the same effect as benzos do, except it's known to do it quicker and in a worse way. people who take a lot of requip find themselves having to increase the dose just to keep the same effects, and if they don't start dosing in the morning, their RLS gets worse, and then eventually they're dosing throughout the day.

in addition, commercialized dopamine agonist [frequently prescribed for parkinsons] are completely useless recreationally or as potentiators, and they are very likely to make you puke.

This thread is loaded with anecdotal warnings against using mirapex for rls in wds.

Someone even made a reference that anyone with college level chemistry would know better.

That's all well and good but I would really like someone to provide some sources or references for this claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.