• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Anyone have experience with Benzo withdrawal after one use?

Lahey

Greenlighter
Sorry if the answer is already out there but I couldn’t seem to find it. About me, I am a recovering alcoholic about three months sober. I’m still hit really hard with anxiety, which was the main reason I drank. It is well managed for the most part with lexapro and propranolol. So to my question, I have been prescribed Xanax .25 and klonopin .5 mg for the really bad days. I have only used a few doses over the last two months and it really helps get through the worst of my anxiety at that time but the next few days seem worse. I am wondering if because of my years of alcoholism with bad dts during withdrawal, if anything that affects my gaba is going to cause rebound symptoms even after one small dose or could the rebound symptoms just be a coincidence? Maybe the Xanax is better, or worse because it is so short acting? Or maybe I’ve just kindled my way into a situation where anything that affects my gaba is a no go? Tia

Or maybe I’ve just kindled my way into a situation where anything that affects my gaba is a no go?
Yeah I'm sorry to say, as a fellow alcoholic, you need to avoid benzos as kindling applies.

If you've had DTs then you should know that benzo withdrawal is just as bad, and 100x easier to become dependent on because you don't need to be drunk 24/7 for it to happen.

You are going to experience significantly greater rebound and dependance.

The medical value of having your brain enslaved to another GABAergic is ultimately up to you.

As a former, current and forever alcoholic... taking one benzo pill is like having 1 drink... it doesn't stop without a lot of pain and tribulations. Best to avoid it... for me.

Last edited:
Not after one dose at therapeutic doses, but definitely after a 3-day binge of taking twenty times the recommended amount. Everybody's different though, so be careful.