• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Anyone got life all figured out?

I would hazard a guess that those glimpses were accompanied by endorphins and or adrenaline rushes? Maybe during a particularly good trip or orgasm?

Not always. In fact most happened whilst sober. I've only really had two or three transcendent moments while tripping.

One day you'll die. As you die, and seconds after your death, a plane will take off from an airport, a baby will be born, a blade of grass will flit in the breeze, and someone will fart.

I've had glimpses into what I believe was the meaning of life and "the answer," but they were fleeting, and were more about a feeling of everything just being perfectly right in that moment rather than an intellectual realization which seemingly explained how life worked demonstrably (i.e. 2+2 = life answer.)

I've experienced this more as being swept up on a wave of spiritual power which made everything else seem meaningless but also everything seem completely right. You become so invulnerable and self-sufficient in your own right it's like nothing can touch you.

One day you'll die. As you die, and seconds after your death, a plane will take off from an airport, a baby will be born, a blade of grass will flit in the breeze, and someone will fart.

= I cling to 3D life for dear life

I feel like you are making a fair few assumptions, but I can't really be fucked arguing them so I won't :D I am more referring to the sharing of raw knowledge and understanding of the world. Not really promoting schools as such; I sucked at them myself :) Schools are not a place where much practical knowledge is taught, but thats not their real aim. I think some schooling is vital for things like literacy and numeracy; with these tools, individuals have much more potential for successful self-determination. So I agree, the schooling structure promotes hierarchical bullshit, but I am more referring to the sharing of and access to knowledge which I think is vital. I'm not even talking about the internet or computing but the value societies around the world are starting to place on knowledge and awareness for all members of society. If this becomes more widespread, I see that as positive.
I wouldn't argue with this - I was making the point that school is NOT education because almost everyone these days equates the 2 things.

The access and sharing is vital, which is why there are things like the possibility of a fully controlled Internet going on - TPTB do not WANT an educated or informed population - makes us way too unpredictable and difficult to handle. They much prefer us to remain the relatively docile and easily programmed automatons turned out by the (mis)education system.

To me the question is whether the sharing of values at the grass roots can be spread fast enough to counter the major efforts being made to get us all locked down into individualised cells where we cannot get, nor trust, the support of our fellow community members. If they succeed in that it will be bleak days for all.

There is a possibility we can get together to make sure such things do not happen, but the messages being pumped into people by the MSM and entertainment industries seem to be working better than the fellowship possibilities at the lower levels.

A good philisophical idea i like to think about is that we have been given the gift of being able to "experience." That other species and/or things do not have the capabilities to "feel" quite as in depth as we do. Like a shark doesn't think about if he's happy or sad, he just eats shit and swims around and doesn't give anything too much thought. Or a rock, as far as we know doesn't think at all, he just "is". That's kind of why if, say when you go camping and you tune into nature when your in the wilderness it feels kind of good to just "be" without giving too much thought to anything. On one of my best trips on 5g of mush i went on an all day hike and it felt like i was being overwhelmed by this just "being" and not thinking feeling that the plants and trees were giving me. At one point in it I felt like this tree i was sitting on was really content and happy with his life of chillin and doing his part in the ecosystem including giving me shade and a nice spot to sit, he was very humble and accepting of me being there, it made me want to be more like that tree and just "be".

If youre feeling down and thinking too hard about shit, try to get back in touch with your "just being", and let go of some of this made up shit that our species comes up with. Meditating, going on hikes, or just anything out in nature is really helpful in this. Also drugs of course! (Which is maybe the reason we like them so much)

-im 17

I'm happy most of the time. I also cry a lot--like at least once a day. I've always been emotional and I would not have it any other way. Every emotion has its benefit--even the ones we tend not to want to feel. I suffered the worst tragedy I could imagine in my life and what I am finding is that 4 years into it I am still rebuilding every relationship I ever had--with myself, with my family and friends, with everything I cared about and associated with my sense of who I was, with the world as a whole. And yet, I am somewhat stunned to find out that in the midst of all that was destroyed, I am still capable of such intense joy and pleasure simply to still be here in the fray, to have the world surprise me in both terrible and wonderful ways every day. I have a more comfortable and accepting relationship to grief and even with depression. I guess it is the fluidity that saves me.

I'm 61. I'm well along the second half of the path and it makes me slow down and appreciate more than ever. I've never had a problem appreciating this world. I love people--especially people that show their craziness and vulnerability and complexity and I love nature. I have been a landscape painter for the past 40 years so seeing beauty everywhere I go comes with the territory. I travel a lot and more than anything else I have done with my life I value this the most. It doesn't take a lot of $$ to travel and I've had plenty of really boring menial jobs along the way to finance it; but when you have the goal of the trip in front of you no job can feel too awful. That would be my prescription for any young person: go out into the world. Go by yourself. Open your heart and mind to everyone you meet. Find compassion for everyone by trying to see the world through other eyes. Go as far away from home as you can and stay as long as you can manage. Let one country lead you to the next. Fear has been so ratcheted up in the world that the most revolutionary thing you can do is to trust the world.

The bottom line is that this beautiful dream called life can end at any moment. Just try to love it while you have it. <3

Herbavore I really like your response. Being told from a number of people to travel it does seem important and hopefully I can make it happen at some point. Also I like the fact you're into art :) what I've seen is that men are stereotypically more into making money rather than following there passions and heart. Glad to hear of someone who's doing something they love and I can only hope I can do mines as a way of life particularly photography.

I'm 61. I'm well along the second half of the path and it makes me slow down and appreciate more than ever. I've never had a problem appreciating this world. I love people--especially people that show their craziness and vulnerability and complexity and I love nature. I have been a landscape painter for the past 40 years so seeing beauty everywhere I go comes with the territory. I travel a lot and more than anything else I have done with my life I value this the most. It doesn't take a lot of $$ to travel and I've had plenty of really boring menial jobs along the way to finance it; but when you have the goal of the trip in front of you no job can feel too awful. That would be my prescription for any young person: go out into the world. Go by yourself. Open your heart and mind to everyone you meet. Find compassion for everyone by trying to see the world through other eyes. Go as far away from home as you can and stay as long as you can manage. Let one country lead you to the next. Fear has been so ratcheted up in the world that the most revolutionary thing you can do is to trust the world.

The bottom line is that this beautiful dream called life can end at any moment. Just try to love it while you have it.

Thank you for sharing this, it reflects and reinforces many of my own deeply held beliefs, its always a pleasure to run across a fellow wanderer.

I've experienced this more as being swept up on a wave of spiritual power which made everything else seem meaningless but also everything seem completely right. You become so invulnerable and self-sufficient in your own right it's like nothing can touch you.

Very well put - couldn't have done so better myself.

I travel a lot and more than anything else I have done with my life I value this the most. It doesn't take a lot of $$ to travel and I've had plenty of really boring menial jobs along the way to finance it; but when you have the goal of the trip in front of you no job can feel too awful. That would be my prescription for any young person: go out into the world. Go by yourself. Open your heart and mind to everyone you meet. Find compassion for everyone by trying to see the world through other eyes. Go as far away from home as you can and stay as long as you can manage. Let one country lead you to the next. Fear has been so ratcheted up in the world that the most revolutionary thing you can do is to trust the world.

Amazing, couldn't agree more.

It's become a focal point of my life since i first started travelling independently around 22, hoping to do some extended travel in Nepal and India in a couple of years. I've actually started writing extensively on my travel experience's.. from hitch-hiking to volunteer work and everything in-between. I met a lot of inspiring people, many of whom have helped re-shape how i view life and reconsider what i value.

Let's be honest, by the time you really start to figure things out, age is working against you. Some people choose to use up their young years working so hard to get security for old age that they never have time to enjoy themselves. So they have life long security, but no fun. I decided to use up my young years partying hard and I had many memorable times. The price for that fun is that I do not have lasting security. I believe that the average person rarely gets the chance to have lots of fun/experiences and have lasting security. You are young and it's your choice which road you take, but never believe anyone that tells you that you can have your fun when you get old, nothing is as enjoyable once age is working against you.

^Wow, that is a sad point of view. I'm definitely having fun but fun is not all I want. I have some security but not much (and some is enough). I have lived my life the exact same way from my twenties to my sixties--exploring relationships, creating art, making the best of however I am currently earning my living, traveling. I have friends of all ages, from their teens to their 80's. I like interesting people and I could care less how old they are. Why do you feel like age is "working against you"?

^^ I have the same intention with my life. I'm 31 now and I'm having as much fun as I had in college, and I intend to keep doing that, though my idea of fun is slowly shifting in some ways and I expect it will continue to do so. At some point I'm sure age does make it hard to do things but that time keeps moving further and further away, ever noticed the increasing amount of people in ages previously considered "old" who do not seem old? I think if you stay young in your mind and heart, and keep doing things that stimulate you, and keep your life interesting, you stay young a lot longer. It's when people get into a rut for decades and get beat down that they fade away. Continually exploring new relationships, new activities, and doing what you love and are passionate about is the key to having a happy life, I believe.

I try to strike a balance between work and fun... right now I am working on furthering a great new opportunity I got in the hope that it can eventually replace my full-time job completely and earn me more money than I'm making by far (if I work hard enough at it, there is no reason that won't happen). I do work hard, but I also play hard and often. I think that the idea that you have to work so hard you don't have any fun in order to have security is an illusion. I'm convinced if you follow your passions, you will be able to live a good life. Money is important in this world but it's not important to have lots of money. The value of expensive things is not as great as many people believe, all you need is enough money to be able to do the things you care about and take care of your life. Need to save up some money for a while for security? Go live for free or really cheap on a farm or something for a while. There are options, and those options can be incredibly enriching. I understand the idea of feeling controlled by money, I was there for quite a few years, but it can be overcome.

The one thing I want to do more is travel... I do travel sometimes and have a good bit in my life but I want to do it a lot more. I'm hoping this new opportunity will allow me to do so, by removing me from M-F 9-5:30 work requirement all year round (with vacation but only so much and no ability to take unpaid vacation), and giving me the freedom to take time off to travel.

I wouldn't argue with this - I was making the point that school is NOT education because almost everyone these days equates the 2 things.

The access and sharing is vital, which is why there are things like the possibility of a fully controlled Internet going on - TPTB do not WANT an educated or informed population - makes us way too unpredictable and difficult to handle. They much prefer us to remain the relatively docile and easily programmed automatons turned out by the (mis)education system.

To me the question is whether the sharing of values at the grass roots can be spread fast enough to counter the major efforts being made to get us all locked down into individualised cells where we cannot get, nor trust, the support of our fellow community members. If they succeed in that it will be bleak days for all.

There is a possibility we can get together to make sure such things do not happen, but the messages being pumped into people by the MSM and entertainment industries seem to be working better than the fellowship possibilities at the lower levels.

Ha, so we partially agree again. Have an alternate universe we entered? :D

I look at it this way. There is the evil, exploitative, uncaring, repressive MINORITY in the world, who, in an utterly ridiculous reversal of the status quo, have the MAJORITY of resource controlling power. But knowledge, sharing, wisdom, truth, are not resources that these people can control. The truth is not something that can be destroyed easily if the vast MAJORITY have access to it. And I believe that 'real' truth is something innate that cannot be taken from you. The ability to access it can be crippled to the extent that we may see it as destroyed, but it is always present, the potentiality for greatness, beauty and true wisdom. :)

I would also point out that we are seeing the death of the MSM as it decays and fragments into irrelevancy. It is still powerful and corrupting but it is now clearly decadent (or so I fucking hope :\)

I'm happy most of the time. I also cry a lot--like at least once a day. I've always been emotional and I would not have it any other way. Every emotion has its benefit--even the ones we tend not to want to feel. I suffered the worst tragedy I could imagine in my life and what I am finding is that 4 years into it I am still rebuilding every relationship I ever had--with myself, with my family and friends, with everything I cared about and associated with my sense of who I was, with the world as a whole. And yet, I am somewhat stunned to find out that in the midst of all that was destroyed, I am still capable of such intense joy and pleasure simply to still be here in the fray, to have the world surprise me in both terrible and wonderful ways every day. I have a more comfortable and accepting relationship to grief and even with depression. I guess it is the fluidity that saves me.

The bottom line is that this beautiful dream called life can end at any moment. Just try to love it while you have it. <3

Herbavore, I don't think we have specifically interacted before, but I have read your posts quite regularly and I have to say, you are an inspiring and truly wise person. I'm very egotistical but I really, humbly look up to people like you. Your post above made me tear up, in a beautiful way <3 Thanks friend :)

Last edited:
Some people believe they know everything about their lives.
Specially rich, spoiled bosses living at our costs, so to speak.

Public servants from certain countries. People with immense privileges..

Hey Willow! :)

I was trying to quote you about the words you wrote regarding Herbavore. I agree with you totally despite of the fact She doesn't know me, I find her quite mature and wise. It seems to me that some people grow way wiser and I wonder if the pains we go through make it any easier..

Last edited: