The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Anyone ever been to Costa Rica?

whoisrhp

Bluelighter
Hey im planning to go on vacation to Costa Rica.. Ive heard many people say that prescription drugs you can buy over the counter in Mexico and stuff all you need to do is just pay money and you can buy anything. Is that true in costa rica as well? I heard recently the laws have changed and have gotten more stricter? can anyone tell me there experiences or there input and knowledge? I want get some K.. :(

thanks

I live here, so you can PM or ask me any questions you want.

While costa rican drug laws are alot more lax than the states and alot of stuff is available over the counter, they do heavily regulate narcotics, and are often hard to get even from a doctor. That being said, everything has a price, and that price is usually cheap.

K can be found in liquid or powdered form rather easily, but not from a pharmacy ... It goes by its normal street name in the states.

Iv been there three times over the years . As far as pharms gos, they arnt that plentiful. CostaRica is the land of Cocaine.

for a tourist, you are correct, pharms are harder to get. but there are several farmacias with doctors on-site that will prescribe alot of things, just not narcs - those are too heavily regulated. and correct again, CR is the land of blow, and its cheap and good .. street price for gringo tourists is about <snip> colones (roughly $<snip> for 1/2 - 3/4 gram), but the locals' price is around <snip> colones ($<snip> per 1/2 - 3/4 gram).

but we have just about everything here, and most is imported from colombia. even our good weed is brought in from colombia. but for K, my dealer originally scored it for me in powder, then told me he has a vet friend that can sell him vials of it, so i'm good to go. but we have just about everything here. just no fuckin dmt yet. i guess i'll have to go to the states to score some dmt.

for the OP, things like soma and codeine are over the counter, no prescription (receta) needed. hit me up over PM if you need the local brand names

Last edited by a moderator:
chilidog said:
for a tourist, you are correct, pharms are harder to get. but there are several farmacias with doctors on-site that will prescribe alot of things, just not narcs - those are too heavily regulated. and correct again, CR is the land of blow, and its cheap and good .. street price for gringo tourists is about <snip> colones (roughly $<snip> for 1/2 - 3/4 gram), but the locals' price is around <snip> colones ($<snip> per 1/2 - 3/4 gram).

but we have just about everything here, and most is imported from colombia. even our good weed is brought in from colombia. but for K, my dealer originally scored it for me in powder, then told me he has a vet friend that can sell him vials of it, so i'm good to go. but we have just about everything here. just no fuckin dmt yet. i guess i'll have to go to the states to score some dmt.

for the OP, things like soma and codeine are over the counter, no prescription (receta) needed. hit me up over PM if you need the local brand names

wow! thanks for the info bro.. yah if i do decide to go to vacation in costa rica.. ill hit you up.. xP are the trance clubs crazy over there? hot litinas everywhere! ;]

ahhh, the trance clubs !! they're insane ... i've seen infected mushroom twice here already, and they were just, well, insane. candy for sale everywhere, wicked after parties, and of course, a TON of hot latinas, who are crazy about foreigners ... you'll have fun if you decide to come on down. hit me up if you decide to, i can show ya around or give ya some pointers

Last edited:
hey new to this, was aalso planning a trip to costa rica, just wondering, is it very dangerous? i went to mexico like 6 years ago, didnt think it was so bad, yet that was before canadians were bein killed left and right

For the price of a Costa Rican MD visit ($<snip> US) I was able to score whatever Schedule III drug I wanted. I told him I got robbed of my meds. He just handed me a list. I asked him for amphetamine and he said that the local pharmacy didn't carry it and you'd need a psychiatrist the prescribe it. This was in the middle of nowhere. Overall it was a great experience.

mrlean, costa rica isnt dangerous. sure, every big city has its crime problems, and san jose isnt an exemption. but overall, its a safe place.

and as for anatomist, you are correct. the doctors here pretty much write the prescription for whatever a gringo wants. by law, every single pharmacy must have a doctor onstaff, and their usual fee for a prescription is $10. and right yet again, heh, alot of the small farmacias do not stock amphetaminas, however, a psychiatrist is not required to prescribe them. he could have prescribed them if he had wanted to, but i'm guessing since he chose not to carry them, he didnt want to write the receta. i get my soma, codeine, ritalin, amps, stilnox (ambien), tafil (xanax), from my small corner farmacia. i just walked in there, told the guy i just moved here, and i was prescribed those drugs above in the states. soma and codeien is over the counter here, but my ritalin, amps, stilnox and tafil require a receta, but he wrote those with no prob. i'm a gringo, heh, and gringo power owns here !

gah, i love this country !!

While costa rican drug laws are alot more lax than the states

Can you (or anyone) say more about CR-drug laws? Been trying to find info on them, but no luck so far...

i will be there in aug
i heard you can walk around san jose and you can easily get offered on the streets

justemp115 said:
i heard you can walk around san jose and you can easily get offered on the streets

Shit dosent just fall in your lap, maybe alittle coke/weed. It still takes some looking and luck. And then there are tico prices and the price you will pay............but yeah being white does go further in CR than other latin/spanish countries, they do love the gringos(most of them).

chilidog said:
K can be found in liquid or powdered form rather easily, but not from a pharmacy ... It goes by its normal street name in the states.

is it like mexico in that you can buy k at a feed store?

Money talks bullshit walks. Money down there can make doors open like crazy. Just be careful you are not "trapped" into a bait and arrest scam.

Play it cool. Go in and play stupid and say you are in pain and need to see a doctor and flash some bucks etc. Be smart about it. If you are too open you'll get scammed.

thugpassion said:
Shit dosent just fall in your lap, maybe alittle coke/weed. It still takes some looking and luck. And then there are tico prices and the price you will pay............but yeah being white does go further in CR than other latin/spanish countries, they do love the gringos(most of them).

yea your right, i was thinking about asking the cab drivers

Someone close to me went, pulled the bellhop aside, and before my friend could even ask him anything, the bellhop says, "what you lookin for man, the green or the white?" He said the green was low quality but the white was about a 7 out of 10 and about half the price of what it is back in the U.S.

I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to kind of reopen it up for any other people who have traveled to/live in Costa Rica, I'll be leaving for there from the states tomorrow. There's some good advice on this thread, anything else anyone would like to add would be much appreciated!