• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anyone else have a super laid back dr? (Maintenance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnythingEverything

Bluelighter
Hi all :)

Not sure why but im wondering if anyone else has a super laid back SUBOXONE/ methadone dr?

Mine has me on 32mg subs (please don't tell me how absurd this is again.). I've always been on weekly pickup and no supervised doses except for the first month or so (I've been on it 2.5-3 years now.). I pick up a while unopened box of 8mgs with my weekly diazepam dose and on my way from the chemist. I have been tapering benzos for the same length of time, nearly 3 years. Have not been reduced for over 6 months now im down to such a low dose (20mg.)

I only have to see him 4 times a year to stay on the program, have not once been urine tested (apart from possibly the first visit of which I have zero recollection of even being there as I was fresh out of the psych ward with a handful of scripts i obviously used on the way - oxy, xanax, lorazepan, serequol, zyprexa, lyrica, pristiq, gosh,there was more I can't even remember but safe to say I was a mess and luckily some how made it there in one piece on the train.). He asks me if I want to reduce and if I say im not sure he just leaves it, he works once a fortnight, charges a fair bit being private but 4 times a year is worth it. I never have to worry about being kicked off or him leaving me in the lurch etc. Appointments are generally short, he checks my pupils, blood pressure etc, asks about anxiety and Deprssion and how I've been feeling etc and asks if I've used any other drugs (to which the answer has always been no, I've just started smoking weed again over the last few weeks and will probably tell him when he asks i guess.)

Sometimes I think he is too laid back and too 'pro suboxone' but on the whole with my busy life, I am grateful.

I just read the hoops some people have to jump through for their drs and chemists (regular UTs, keeping and counting packets, daily supervised dosing etc, worriss about costs - we pay one amount set by the chemist for our subs here so it's the same being on 2mg as being on 32 cost wise) and wonder if there are others who have an extremely Blaise dr. I think being private he's not too keen to see people off the program as we pay him to be able to work only once a fortnight ;)

Sorry to ramble, just had a smoke, trying to be succinct but not sure if im succeeding. Does anyone else have a super laid back dr? I am purely interested :). Thanks!

Ya I do my doctor tells me I can smoke weed and I told him I wanted 2mg of klonopin a day and he just gave it to me no questions asked on top of sub's and Dexedrine ;)

I was going to reply to his question and then I saw your post. I'm new so I'm very sorry to sound ignorant but why is it not appropriate I don't understand. Again sorry for being new and probably bothering you ^kleinerkiffer.

That's the whole point of buprenorphine. To be able to live your life without having to earn methadone takehomes, etc. I just got a new doctor so I go in one a month, test, and get my script. My old doctor I went on every 3 months and never tested once. Everywhere is different, clinics will be stricter than doctors generally. You can't abuse bupe like you potentially could with methadone so there's less concern.

OD is for intermediate drug discussion specifically related to harm reduction so I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.