• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anybody living with a goobered nose?

Jackal

Bluelighter
My nose has been an issue since I was a kid.

But the last 20 years also has a cost on it.

Can't smell for three plus years, deviation of septum, old fracture, polyp and probably a toll from substance use and work in unhealthy dust filled environment all contributed to this, but it's also part genetic as both sides of my family have crap nose issues also.

I can usually breathe on one side only, but sometimes both sides fully block for weeks and I retch from nasal drip to my stomach. This also happens after most extended periods of traveling or if I stay awake a few days.

Nothing really works to clear it except saline and a syringe, but that too is nauseating.

Lately, I'm using raw wild honey as a supplement. Can't say if it makes a difference. I believe a reconstruction is needed.

Anybody relate, or care to contribute upon how best to mitigate horrible monster noses?

i can barely breathe through my nose. my stupid dad who has also probably given me the breast cancer genes had to have surgery on his as a child but doctors insist i don't need the same.

to make up for the shoddy physical genes he gave me, i think i got whatever portion of my above average intelligence is genetic from him.

Yep, naturally narrow sinuses, nose has been broken a few times and years of meth and coke abuse.... dont smell much.... dont have much issue with breathing, but have some congestion all the time.

Yep. I hate my fuckin nose. It's had far too much shit stuffed up it in the past and now it's taking its revenge...