• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anybody else like music LESS when they smoke?

Transcendence

Bluelighter
It just stuck me recently that I really enjoy music much more when I'm sober. Whenever I smoke it's like I have music ADD. I'll constantly change tracks because I can never find anything I can get into. I feel disconnected with the music. It's strange, because weed makes movies and television infinitely more interesting for me. Am I the only one like this here?

I feel the same way! I can't ever settle on just one track, I try to find one that is "just right". And then when I find a track to listen to, I don't even listen to it. I get too distracted and don't even pay attention to the song.

yes...damn music. i literally spent 45 minutes looking for the "perfect song", then it started playing, and i was like "i freaking hate this song"...i still love you cannabis, even if you do make do wierd things.

for me this is the case, i cannot listen to cheap music when i am high. i love listening to music high, its great.

maybe you need to tune your taste a bit?

listen to good music, not that bullshit that you hear on the radio and what not

man idk about you but music is THE REASON i smoke

sit a dark room with my Zune - oh man...go into another world...gah i cant wait to do it again... <3<3

ehh i love music when im high but not upbeat music. i really love listening to radiohead when im high and relaxed just gotta close your eyes and expand your mind. try listening to pink floyd Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Tool, and Nine Inch Nails are my favorite to listen to while on speed or opiates, but on weed NOTHING sounds interesting.

No way, i love listening to music when im baked. it sounds like its all around my instead of just being in my ears. Its like im at a concert or something. I find that if i find the perfect track for that time i can listen to it 20 times over before gettin bored and even if the track im listening to isnt the perfect one for my mood i tend to feel it more than when im sober. One of the many things i love about weed.

Sometimes i like silence when im stoned, I like the sound of nature but music can get a bit much and most of the time it goes in one ear out the other and I cant appreciate the music for what it is. E and acid are the drugs for music appreciation to the fullest. Meth/speed is good for dancing but half the time I dont care what music it is I just move. I have preferences for e/acid music though.

Regae and some hip-hop is good when im stoned, dance music sucks sometimes though and pop music makes me want to beat the shit out of the stereo. If I hear that pokerface song again im going to pay to go to her concert and run on stage and tell the world how much she sucks and possibly destroy what it takes to end that shit..

I agree.. I find weed gives me to much attention to detail to enjoy music in general.

However, if I'm really into an album I find I can enjoy it even moreso while under the influence.

^^ I, too have an enhanced appreciation for natural sounds while high, i'll take sitting on a beach, smoking a doob with the sound of waves crashing over my ipod anyday

i listen to classical, blues, jazz, some rock and rap.

check out hip hop, try cunninlynguists or swollen members
they are great with headphones or good speakers when im blazed.

you guys are crazy. how can you not just put on one of your favorite bands and sit back and listen? i get pretty annoyed when someone who im with keeps changing the song.

Some days I can't stand to listen to music when I'm stoned, it makes me feel like I can't hear my own thoughts and can't focus on a conversation or anything. Sometimes I'd just rather be in silence as well.

When I'm hyped or in an exceptionally good mood I love to listen to music and sing along or dance to it though lol

theres certain music i listen to when im high because it sounds so good, though i often think a song is annoying even though i liked it when i was sober

I can't stand loud music when I'm stoned, but then again, I have sensory issues so maybe it's just me. Try something mellow, on low volume, and just chill to it. Loud, uptempo, pulsing music is better suited for other drug experiences IMO.

try a different weed if you are going for music appreciation, if you can't listen to music you're probably just smoking indica or to much sativa, moderate amounts of sativa are best for music listening

I used to be this way when I first started experimenting with cannabis. For some reason I developed an appreciation for listening to music high at some point, and now it's become most of what being high is about for me.

I find that certain types of music are best suited for being stoned - I like more upbeat and energetic music whilst high. Music with a more somber, calm, or nostalgic feel just sucks the life out of the high for me (although I really enjoy it sober).

Electronic music is highly recommended, especially that of the glitchy swirly psychedelic type. :) <3

I've had some truly incredible moments listening to music under the effects of cannabis. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to groove to - the attempt to do so is highly recommended.

To each his own, however.