View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any tips for a first time user of DXM?

bopeep

Greenlighter
Basically, I want to start getting into psychedelics and I want to try DXM. What would a recommended dosage be if I'm trying to reach the first plateau, and is there anything important to know before I take it?

There are some good calculators available with a quick web search that will tell you how much to take to achieve each plateau given your body weight. There is also a guide on Erowid I believe that will give much more thorough advice than can be gotten here

Can I ask why you want to start getting into psychedelics? And why you chose DXM?

I second Moxious on the calculator (http://dexcalc.com/), and assuming you've scanned a few threads and the big and dandy, you should be pretty good to go! Make sure you have a dex-only product (no antihistamines, guaifenesin, etc.), chase it with something, and just lay down for a bit if nausea hits you and listen to some music with good vibes. Don't expect to be acting sober, robo-walk is very real ;) Have fun!!

DXM only active ingredient. Syrups make many violently ill (I never had this problem back in the day but my only two DXM syrup experiences in the past several months made me sick for example.) Gelcaps tend to cause less nauseau/upset stomach but can give you diarrhea. Pure DXM absorbs poorly, a shot (or half) of liquor and/or some sorbitol helps with this.

There are some good calculators available with a quick web search that will tell you how much to take to achieve each plateau given your body weight. There is also a guide on Erowid I believe that will give much more thorough advice than can be gotten here

Can I ask why you want to start getting into psychedelics? And why you chose DXM?
Well ive decided to to start getting into psychedelics because ive read quite a bit into it and it seems fun to trip. I chose DXM as its the easiest to obtain as far as I know, as its present in many otc cough syrups. May I ask what you think the best cough syrup would be to get in your opinion?

OP... try long acting cough gels with DXM only as the active ingredient, they are easy to find. Also. Look up dxm dosage calculator on google and you should find one. Be careful, and dose accordingly