• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Any pro gamers on BL?

leveling in halo is different than leveling in CoD games. you actually lose levels in halo when you lose games.
True that. Leveling up in h3 isn't as simple as just playing all the time. It also depends on what you play. I made 40 in lone wolves in about 35 games. Its always seemed to me that team slayer was the lvl you want but its hard to find a good team.
Anyway back in the day my friends and I used to play local halo and halo2 tournaments but nothing major. We won and usually played great but to go pro at my age... I wish mlg was around with the games of today when I was 17, I'm truly jealous because I've been playing games since atari 2600. The only prize you got back when we were playing golden eye or vf1 was your friends wouldn't play ya and you could call em pussys. No 50000 for us.

I suppose what I meant is that is what has bothered me about gaming as a spectator sport or even competing in it myself. You're right there will be good players but honestly I've never watched a competitive gaming video and been like, "Wow, holy fucking shit! That guy is good!" The closest I've seen is Starcraft competitions.

If you've watched starcraft competitions and that's still only "close" to being that good, I don't know what to tell you. I played starcraft religiously for 5 years and while I stayed up quite well in the American scene I could only dream of competing at the level that the Koreans took it to. The skill gap is so ridiculous. But I guess you have to know the difference before you can fully appreciate it.

I actually do pro-gaming for a clan. Unfortunately I'm not going to go into much more detail than that when it comes to myself. However I can say that the top players in the game that I play do for the most part make an effort to go out, compete, and work countless hours at perfecting our skill, and the leaderboards show it.

I'll leave it at this: a) my trips are paid for so I'm not losing money on going, and b) I have fun going, and c) I play anywhere I can public, private tourneys, and do a lot of random play online with people. We know this isn't going to last forever, we have day jobs, try not to let all of this go to our head, and are lucky to be able to do what we are now.

Oh... p.s. Since some of you mentioned it, I'll see you at Quakecon!

Former Pro Super Smash Bros player.. the original. I could have made money with how good I was at that game for sure.

This is my favorite game. Do you play online? I tried to get it set up but I failed.

yeah but I didn't like SSBM. the original had a lot less random factors going on which in my opinion, really impact the game play. and i haven't gotten into brawl because cordless controllers simply suck for response time. i need to get some gamecube controllers to play it properly.

me and the 4 people i played consistently with (thousands and thousands of games played) were insanely good at that game. seeing shit many moves in advance in slow motion was pretty intense.

I hate SSBM. The stages are so annoying and intrusive. I only find it fun if I am on hallucinogens.

3vMe on DoW2?

terminator-art.jpg

Into the maelstrom of battle!

I've played many games of halo while on ketamine. Makes for quite the intersting experience.

Hell ye, I might actually get it. But its probably going to be like usual with me where I buy a game and never play it. I kind of grew out of games though, not to mention don't really have time.

Did a couple seasons in cal-o for counter-strike 1.6. It was more about having fun then winning though. If we were serious about it we probably could've gone cal-im/m

I can make mid 6 figures selling virtual currency in MMOs and I don't even have to do any work because it's all automated after some initial programming.

Did no one else pick up on this? I call bullshit. Are you sure you don't mean mid 5 figures? If you're making $400,000 selling virtual currency I have two questions:

a)Can you teach me? and
b)Teach me now.

I have two additional questions: What is virtual currency, and what are MMOs?

I have two additional questions: What is virtual currency, and what are MMOs?

MMO = Massive multiplayer online game
Virtual currency = just what it sounds like, currency used in these online games.

and Kul69 made mid SIX figures doing this? I call bullshit, just like huntmich did.

no r u fucking kidding me there is so much fuking money in MMOS. its fucking ridiculus. Just type in WOW GOLD. and see for yourself. ITs fucking crazy. IT has spawned an entire generation of chinese slave children that farm gold 20 hours a day. while being wipped.

Did no one else pick up on this? I call bullshit. Are you sure you don't mean mid 5 figures? If you're making $400,000 selling virtual currency I have two questions:

a)Can you teach me? and
b)Teach me now.

I talked about this in another thread...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=401677

Awhile ago I got out of it though because I saw bad days ahead for the industry and it turns out I was right. I had a shitload of WoW accounts and was selling gold/accounts and like 3-6 months after I sold everything and got out of it Warden (their anti-cheat software) implemented a new anti-injection method that no one has been able to beat yet. This means for people doing complete automation and stuff the largest market (WoW) is now dead. There are other markets (games) obviously but none nearly as large. Now WoW gold is the domain of the Chinese who are willing to make $0.50 an hour or whatever to actually play the game.

Just go learn how to reverse engineer software, start reverse engineering games to create cheats (any game), and wait for WoW to die of old age and hope the next largest MMO has less impressive anti-cheat software. When I started this with EQ there was zero anti-cheat software. Someone had to see you doing something and report you and then you had to do something in front of a GM while they watched. So, basically it was impossible to get caught.

Anyway, from the isxwow.net (an innerspace extension for WoW) comes the quote...

If you still want to bot I suggest you do some research about the warden running on the mac osx platform. Do not pm me about this I will not baby spoon feed you. This is the only hint you need.

So apparently the Mac warden still sucks cock. Get to work =P

I'm tired of working in an industry where another industry exists simply to stop you from being paid. I make webpages now and make money from ads/affiliate marketing and it's a lot nicer to know all my work won't be destroyed overnight by some patched software.

Edit: I knew a guy who moved to Singapore and wrote software for asian farming services. I never liked him though and he was always selling other peoples work. I hope he's totally fucked now and feels like a retard for moving to Singapore thinking this was going to work forever.

Oh and here's a short doc on Chinese farmers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHi7M727MIw

Last edited:
^^^ I have to say, I wasn't aware of any of this. I appreciate the informative and detailed explanation, and I retract my earlier post when I called bullshit on you :)