• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Any pro gamers on BL?

FlowMotion

Bluelight Crew
Anyone here pro or semi pro at any video games?

Just wondering if anyone here on BL is into pro gaming. I was semi pro at gears of war and was going to compete in gears of war two but decided it wasn't worth the time. Anyone gone to any events?

I use to be cal-m in counter-strike 1.6

that's about as "pro" as I got

where do they hold these events?

I played in MLG. They have multiple events held across the nation. I played mine in chicago and dallas. I got a sponsor to pay for my plane ticket, hotel, and entry fee. You need a team of 4 for gears of war.

I practived like 8-12 hours a day though. In the end I can say its not worth it. I'd rather be a normal kid and go out and party.;)

Semi-pro Dawn of War player, on both expansion packs too: Winter Assault and Dark Crusade. Stopped playing when they patched DC though.

Just played tournaments set up by community fan sites for £250-500 prizes, won a few times.

Former pro Starcraft player until the fucking Koreans took over. Pro Perfect Dark player; I was a God at that game, I saw the play screen in zero and ones like Neo. Pro Soul Calibur II player back in the day. Won a few tourneys in Jersey.

i play halo3 on xbox im level 50 and thats the max lvl u can get so, im pretyy mediocre not pro as in sponsored though

Former Pro Super Smash Bros player.. the original. I could have made money with how good I was at that game for sure.

how does the money work with pro gaming... i understand that there are sponsorships, but how do the sponsors justify spending the money, are there like crowds of people watching?

Yeh, you go to tournaments with several hundred, even thousands of computers.

If you win using a certain graphics card, that's gonna get publicity etc

I was into comp battlefield/wet back in the day. Was a ringer for some UT ig teams. I was an admin for a gaming league for Doom III. I am in the QuakeLive Beta. I was at QuakeCon for biz. I have smoked weed and drank with some of the greatest quake players to ever boot up Quake III.

Only money I've ever made, is playing people 1v1 dm for cash.

so, the players are the audience?

At QuakeCon this year the finals were in the auditorium. You had 2 teams onstage playing enemy territory quake wars, with thousands of people watching big screens, while the announcers squeal with nerdy glee as a massive mech is rocketing the fuck out of a team. The crowd was players of this game and others, their friends, family (older gamers bring their kids, younger ones sometimes their parents), and curious hotel staff was going nuts for traditional sports style announcing for a FPS, it was a incredble thing to experiance, and something that I think will be more popular in the future once people get hooked on it. Watching poker on TV? Fuck that I want to watch the best fraggers in the world pump rockets and rails into each other so that I can learn from the best, and improve and maybe someday challenge my idols.

wasn't Marvel Vs Capcom one of the most popular games for tournaments? I have no idea, im no awesome gamer, i have just seen several of those videos on youtube.

wasn't Marvel Vs Capcom one of the most popular games for tournaments? I have no idea, im no awesome gamer, i have just seen several of those videos on youtube.

Good competitive games are:

Quake (III)
CS(S)
Starcraft
Warcraft3
WET
Halo
Guitar Hero

I was the reigning Duck Hunt world champion for 10 years straight.

I had it all.

The cars, the money, the women.

Used to be considered 9th best in the U.S. at super smash brothers melee, and like 5th on the east coast. Probably been to over 50 tournaments and made close to 10,000$ in winnings.

I lost one of my best friends to pro gaming.
It really does take over your life like an addiction, he'd fork out money on new components and the rare winnings didn't even come close to breaking him even on travel expenses.