• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any plant chemicals Close to ach dissios?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Most drugs have something in nature that it mimicks.
Even if the molecule isnt found in nature, we often have something that works similar on the receptor in question.

However i cant seem to think of anything that is a pure dissio that targets nmda.
Maybe nitrous is something that can exist without human hand but not sure about that.

So thats why i find the pcp/ket etc kind of substances so alien.
As far as i know there is nothing similar that isnt made in a lab.

Good question, I don't believe so, but then again, who knows what exists deep in rainforests, or in the sea?

Yeah ketamine surely feels like something from down deep in dark ocean.
Would be nice if they find some cool plant somewhere that was a dissio but maybe with less addictive qualities.

This is the only naturally occurring NMDA antagonist I can think of off the top of my head:

It's an active constituent in kratom, but I think at doses far below what one would need to experience an actual dissociative experience from it.

I know theres a few others out there, they're uncommon but not unheard of.

Huperazine A seems to inhibit NMDA

Last edited:
not plant based but occuring naturally: xenon
Id love to try some xenon, as nitrous is less intense than cigs for me these days. But yeah nitrous also comes to mind

Ah yes, ibogaine is a strong NMDA antagonist. A flood dose of ibogaine was primarily a strong dissociative experience, though much different from ketamine or any other disso due to its wide range of receptor interaction besides NMDA.

Glaucine, an alkaloid of the yellow horned poppy, has been said to have a sedating, trippy, dissociative kind of effect.

Sounds interesting, probably nothing like ket though.

I actually wrote a little article on a class of chemicals that has the potential to be naturally occurring dissociatives, namely Hodgkinsine, Pyschotridine, and Psychollatine, which occur across a variety of Psychotria species. It hasn't been conclusively determined yet if they are NMDA antagonists but there's a lot of auxiliary evidence to suggest so.

You can read it here!

Quadrigemine A (the pyrrolidinoindoline tetramer) hasn't been tested in the capacity of being a possible NMDA antagonist but I would hypothesize it has similar properties to Pyschotridine, a pyrrolidinoindoline pentamer. A pyrrolidinoindoline hexamer hasn't been discovered in nature but I would also conjecture that such a thing if developed would have even stronger NMDA affinity (or at least mimic such activities in mice) than Psychotridine. But it still hasn't been conclusively proven that these chemicals are NMDA antagonists yet.

These drugs would also act in part as mu-opioid agonists, though this activity seems to decrease the more pyrrolidinoindoline monomers you strap on.

High dose edible sativa cannabis like sour diesel. Make sure it's real stuff tho - most of the edibles you get are just sweets sprayed with a cheap spice or research chemical.

Cannabis can be dissociative in quality, but its mechanism of action has nothing to do with NMDA antagonism, which is what the OP is interested in.

Also in America all the weed products are real, haven't seen RC cannabinoids passed off in a long time, because we have so much legal weed.