• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Any one play magic the gathering?

PhillipMcRevis

Bluelighter
Does any one on here play magic online or the actual card game? I ask because a friend got me started on playing the actual card game and I was wondering if anyone who does tournaments or knows rules could help me out. I would also like to find more people who play or if any are good deck builders in the current devotion format in the theros season of standard.

Last edited:
I play the Duel of the Planeswalkers games. Are you familiar? They have them on PC, console, Ipad, etc. A fun way to play pre-constructed deck magic with limited customization for $10-$25 (with DLC / extra decks). Not nearly as versatile as the real thing, but much more cost effective. It's a more basic magic.

I have collected and played with cards in the past. But it's too much of an expensive habit. And time consuming, at least for me.

I have played the last duels of the planeswalkers on my buddies PS3 but that's it I didn't care for it since it sucked. I have been playing actual paper magic and it is very expensive and I got the hang of the game and whatnot. I was hoping to find someone who knew anything about any sets rotating out of standard right now cause I have no ideas how wizards of the coast does it.

I play the Duel of the Planeswalkers games. Are you familiar? They have them on PC, console, Ipad, etc. A fun way to play pre-constructed deck magic with limited customization for $10-$25 (with DLC / extra decks). Not nearly as versatile as the real thing, but much more cost effective. It's a more basic magic.

I have collected and played with cards in the past. But it's too much of an expensive habit. And time consuming, at least for me.

Pretty much this. I pick them up whenever Steam is having a sale for like $5. Not nearly as fun as the real game, but realizing what MTG was becoming I also stopped buying cards after a few decks. Lol at nerds paying more than retail value for a card game ruining the game for everyone else.