• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any extra drugs to enhance conscious sedation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed King

Bluelighter
Getting midazolam /Fentaynl mix tomorrow. I'm a little anxious. I can pop a Valium or temazepam before they give me the conscious sedation. Just looking for ideas.

Are you getting your wisdom teeth removed? When they did mine they used midazolam/fent/ketamine. I honestly wouldnt take anything at all. Just in case it interferes with or overpotentiates the midaz/fent mix. If your still awake and not in the twilight zone,just tell them and they will give you more drugs in an IV

I am getting a medi port, used for chemotherapy removed. Last time it took an hour to put in and they used 150mcg of fent and 3 mg of midazolam iv over an hour.

Oh shoot man. Im sorry, truthfully im not sure about the actual interactions between those drugs. But maybe take the pills with you and ask thier. Or tell them you took the stuff beforehand if they need to adjust dosages or anything.

I just planned on taking a Valium extra before the sedation of Benadryl if it would kick the fent in further. I'll have an anastesiologist the whole time. I won't die. I'd take prescribed amphetamines but that might fight the pain relief. Valium temazepam and Benadryl is all i was thinking.

Oh yea dude . I think in that case it would be totally fine. If it were me, i would want to at least tell the anesthelegiost what i took. Just in case.

Good idea. Last time I got the surgery, I had like 12 people in the room and 5 on me at once, the whole surgery.

Oh wow. Yea i definatly see where the added anxiety comes from. If you dont mind me asking. Ive seen alot od different posts by you around here, and im assuming that by this surgery to take out the medi-port that your in remission? I also saw some of your posts about the dxm and such, and it sounds like your going through a tough time. So im always here for you if you need to talk. If you want to pm me or something. You sound really cool man, and best of luck with the surgery tmrw.

That is a very cool to say. Don't have it in me tonight,?but when I'm as high as a kite tomorrow, I'll try to PM. I have had a whole lot on my plate lately, more then this post. But ill definately take up that offer.

Try Hydroxyzine. I haven't used it alone but it seems to level these damn diet pills out pretty well and many are saying it knocks them out.

I don't have Hydroxyzine, but I do have diphenhydramine in 25mg pills. Possibly one of those before sedation. I'm assume that would mix well with fentanyl. I just want to turn it up a bit.

It works to potentiate opiates mostly from my standing but regardless do you like dxm as a potentiator? Personally I don't like taking diphenhydramine but if that's all you got....

That's all I got besides Valium to add to the midazolam. Anything else available would be a waste. I'm assuming the fentanyl will be in the 150mcg range ( that's what it was last time and the midazolam was 3mg both I,V'ed. I figure 10 mg Valium and 25mg diphenhydramine will be plenty, otherwise they will just dial down the goods.

jfc dude.

don't be popping pills and whatever before surgery. let them do their thing. tell them whatever it is you are taking. benzos, fent, DPH, sound like a bad idea. not a good time to be self medicating.

jfc dude.

don't be popping pills and whatever before surgery. let them do their thing. tell them whatever it is you are taking. benzos, fent, DPH, sound like a bad idea. not a good time to be self medicating.

^ I couldn't have said this better. The meds they are giving you should be plenty. In the spirit of harm reduction, adding more drugs into this mix could be dangerous. We are not here to help you get as high as possible. /closed

Status
Not open for further replies.