• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Any addicts have family or SO that is an addict in complete denial?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
As you may know, I'm a drug addict. I have a mother that is a Xanax and alcohol addict. She's very Christian and swears that she's not an addict.

It's funny when we talk about addiction because I'm open about my addiction and she's in total denial. I've made her aware she would require hospitalization if she stopped cold turkey but she doesn't beleieve that she is dependent after 30 years of dosing benzos daily. She's a well off old white lady so she's always been able to get her drugs with no interruption...but she's seen me in opioid withdrawal and I told her her withdrawal will be 100x worse...amd possibly fatal.

The most she will admit is "I can't sleep unless I take xanax." Yes that's basically your withdrawal coming on. She doesn't see it that way. She's overdosed and had to have the ambulance come. She's lost her prescription and started to have a nasty withdrawal and was a big emergency to go and get a new script. Somehow she's convinced she's not an addict.

Anyone got any similar stories and particularly did they ever finally get so fucked up or go into withdrawal and still insist they weremt an addict and you are?

Last edited: