• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiety

Look some people just havge no control over anxierty.. It just happens, doesn't mean they're weak or anything. Maybe it means they don't have full control over their head, but who does? I agree pretty much all SSRI's etc.. are scams to make money. I mean I've seen a doctor for 4 minutes once, they said two words, and asked two questions.. the rest was complete silence with them looking up at me every 10 sec, filling out some paper. In the end I had predicted it right too, I got Prozac... which made me have asthma when I dont have asthma, and made me have a panic attack after taking a SINGLKE DOSE, WELL INTO THE NEXT DAY.. its all bs to make $ ofcourse. Pharm companies dont give a flying FUCK about us.

But yeah I fully agree that it is just levels we have of different conditions. I ean maybe everyone has OCD, anxiety, schizophrenia, bi-polar etc.. to some degree.. maybe theres a select ferw that dont have any levels off it..., maybe theres people with everything.. ;-)

Just comes down to how u can control it and if you can, and when to make it come out to release :p

I'm not saying that anxiety disorders don't exist. I know that anxiety can be crippling at times, and that prolonged periods of anxiety can lead to chemical changes in the brain. These changes are not permanent however. What I'm getting at is that the brain is not this sort of static thing as drug companies would have you believe, but is instead quite malleable. If you suffer from intense anxiety, it is not as though you have this sort of terminal disease that your stuck with and that you need to take drugs to combat. You can change your brain, and are doing so all the time whether you are aware or not.

To paraphrase, most people who suffer from anxiety disorders have sort of worked themselves into a mental corner without realizing it. THey reside at the extreme end of a spectrum upon which everyone lives. While their symptoms may seem very real, they are not so much ill as in a "state". Taking ssri's or other such drugs simply white washes over these symptoms, doing nothing to change the conditions that caused them.

Now that I think about it, I guess it's ok to think of anxiety disorders as a disease if one is so inclined. But they are a disease in the way that obesity is a disease, not in the way that say, AIDS is.

The Amtrack Kid said:
I'm not saying that anxiety disorders don't exist. I know that anxiety can be crippling at times, and that prolonged periods of anxiety can lead to chemical changes in the brain. These changes are not permanent however. What I'm getting at is that the brain is not this sort of static thing as drug companies would have you believe, but is instead quite malleable. If you suffer from intense anxiety, it is not as though you have this sort of terminal disease that your stuck with and that you need to take drugs to combat. You can change your brain, and are doing so all the time whether you are aware or not.

To paraphrase, most people who suffer from anxiety disorders have sort of worked themselves into a mental corner without realizing it. THey reside at the extreme end of a spectrum upon which everyone lives. While their symptoms may seem very real, they are not so much ill as in a "state". Taking ssri's or other such drugs simply white washes over these symptoms, doing nothing to change the conditions that caused them.

Now that I think about it, I guess it's ok to think of anxiety disorders as a disease if one is so inclined. But they are a disease in the way that obesity is a disease, not in the way that say, AIDS is.

Thank-you for coming back with a good reply.

It is a matter of degrees you speak of then:

With HIV, you have almost 0 control, and the disease progression is a physical one - you can't "will" yourself out of it.

With Anxiety (I would put it in the middle here), you have a mixture of mental emotions/thoughts and physiological responses which make it difficult to control consciously. The pain is "real" to the brain. I think most people with anxiety know of some ways to partially relieve their symptoms without drugs. Anxiety is not 100% under conscious control (though I leave open the idea that it could be treated successfully without drugs say as with CBT).

With addictions like obesity, the person could control their eating habits, but dont. They may feel cravings, have withdrawal symptoms, but in the end, conscious decisions are making the choice to continue the cycle. The obese person, in my personal experience, has more psychological problems with self-worth than "eating the right foods". We understand this: Calories In <= Calories out = no obesity.

Anxiety often starts out as a "nervous" response to events in ones life. As it progresses, and unchecked by treatment, it can become a self-sustaining problem that gets worse with each panic/anxious day.

yep

Ok today I felt not bad at all... I dont know it might be the after glow I just didnt feel any anxiety I did feel a bit lethargic yesterday but I still didnt feel any crash/depression. So im happy I plan on doing it again just a full pull in 4 months... It was great I remember one moment of PURE happiness... It was odd that I didnt feel the typical effects. I didnt feel super empathic, nor did I think things were more beautiful (I useally think things are beautiful though) I didnt have an urge to touch things as much as I would have thought it was just Euphoric.

Re: yep

deus911 said:
Ok today I felt not bad at all... I dont know it might be the after glow I just didnt feel any anxiety I did feel a bit lethargic yesterday but I still didnt feel any crash/depression. So im happy I plan on doing it again just a full pull in 4 months... It was great I remember one moment of PURE happiness... It was odd that I didnt feel the typical effects. I didnt feel super empathic, nor did I think things were more beautiful (I useally think things are beautiful though) I didnt have an urge to touch things as much as I would have thought it was just Euphoric.

From your report, I don't think you hit your threshold dose.

Next time, take a normal dose (1 to 2 pills). ;)

Come back and tell us you didn't feel empathic during THAT peak :)

I took 3 doses within an hour... 1/2,1/2 and a 1/3.... thats almost 1 and a half

i just took red scorpions yesterday. i was so nervous before i took it (cuz ive had 5 bad pills before that) and when it hit, i couldn't remember what i was so nervous about. it lasted about 6 hours then i started coming down.... when i started coming down i had really bad anxiety. my boyfriend kept talking and talking and i was doing the fake smile thing cuz i didn't really care about what he was saying cuz i had so much anxiety. i just wanted to lay there and not move. this is not how i remember comedowns when i rolled before... maybe my body is getting too old to handle it? I always felt great for a week after I roll and no problems sleeping. I couldn't sleep last nite so I had to take some xanax. woke up and i felt pretty shitty.. i wasn't hungry but i forced myself to eat. my throat hurts, and my mouth is swollen. jeez