• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiety

deus911

Bluelighter
Ok so I have anxiety disorder but now its calmer I only get them once every 2 months about and they are related to losing comtrol and such... so for anyone out there that is in the same position as me can you give me any tips for my 1st time use... I got my hands on some Yellow light torch and apparently they are 9/10 and all... ok thanks lates

Set and setting are the fundamentals. Make sure you are in a controlled environment for your first experience if possible i.e. with friends and not in a hectic club/rave.

Even experienced users get a little anxiety from time to time so don't be overly concerned (easier said than done). Only take the E when you are ready .. don't give in peer pressure.

Distract yourself with conversation, maybe a few drinks or whatever before and after you take the pill. Any anxiety will most probably dissolve very rapidly as you begin the experience ... don't dwell just let it go .. you'll be fine ;)

Having an experienced and calm sitter is always a good idea with any drug.

Have fun.

Thanks, I'm only going to be doing it with my girlfriend, at home. There might be another roller with us, a good friend of ours.

If you have an anxiety disorder, don't take E's. There have been cases of people taking a couple pills in a night, and being depressed for months afterwards.

Give it a go doing a search on the health forum.

There have been a few posts (I've posted a couple of them) on dealing with panic attacks/anxiety with some advise from myself and also others.

Hope you find some of the information usefull.

I'm very prone to anxiety, especially in social situations. For me, rolling always offered complete freedom from that anxiety. That, for me, was one of the best aspects of the experience. I'm sure you'll have fun.

i would have anxiety all week, take good E and all of my anxiety just melts away like nothing!

I have "generalized anxiety disorder" but I don''t have even the slightest hint of anxiety when I roll. In fact, my anxiety has been better since I started rolling (dramatically less panic attacks).

I never had anxiety before I used MDMA in a *major* way. If you are prone to anxiety, make sure you keep rolling to once a month or less.

Many people with pre-existing anxiety disorders find peace in the MDMA roll.

Even at my worst (best times.. heh heh) with MDMA I never had panic issues DURING the roll.. they would come one to two weeks AFTER I stopped.

I found the same thing as Lifeisforliving in that I always used to get a bit of anxiety around 2 weeks after I last popped some pills.

^ Same here. I never used to get anxiety attacks, but I do find that a while after taking E (i.e. in the weeks after), I am prone to mildish anxiety spells, as the brain readjusts to getting back to 'normal'

Oh well tonight is the night wish me good luck... no I have done LOTS of research beforehand... I dont think I wish to take it more than 4 times a year as shulgin said. I have dealt and know why I get panic attacks thats why I went from 1 each 2 days to once every 1-2 months... and even then Its been a very LONG time I have had one... and if I do get one I will take 1-2 of my clonazepams. I might have anxiety but Im never depressed Im very optimistic... then again I wont say that It couldnt happen. But then again I will only take 1/2 - 1 pill. They have been tested too they are mdma (turned purple-black) on pillreport... which refuses to work at the present moment.
Anyways im going to make a trip report later in the night or tommorow (going to be too busy). Oh and the only other drugs I have done before (Marijuana, Alcohol, tryed MDMA capsule before but refused to work, Tabacco, Speed, Dextro-amphetamine (dexedrine).) yep

Deus, realize that everyone gets anxiety when they're coming up on the pill. It's normal so don't think anything of it. Instead go get some air or do something else to get your mind off of it and before you know it you'll attain nirvana ;). Have fun (I know you will).

It's T+1:10 hours after I have taken the 1st half... it's mhhh well something else... The first thing I notice was the ground was very textured... but I dont get that whole touchy thing... Its more like numb and eh something else... lol eh there is a little bit of anxiety there but nothing big nor overwhelming... my gf is urging me to take the 2nd half but I enjoy this dose but Ill take your advices too...

I would just be sure the pills are MDMA and not something else. Speed may cause anxiety but it may help it for some too (like me)... MDA could cause some anxiety/bad tripping as well.... But MDMA goodness only.. I think the chance of a Panic attack is very slim.

Alright its the day after...
So it was 8:45 when I took 1/2 of a pill. I went downtown to bring back my movies, and when we walked the lights would get intensified almost glaring at me and I felt heavy. So my gf took her 2nd half and we went back home. Its not until I sat down on the computer in the bright room that I realised that I was rolling. So I started to pace around as I often do on anything. I wanted to move (I guess it was some sort of way to stop myself from overthinking). Then my friend came. He said he'd roll with us so he took half a pill then 30 minutes after he took his half and I took my other half. I decided to take a walk after around the block because I was feeling the tingly feeling in my hand I always feel when anxiety comes. I took 2 benzos because the coming up sort of freaked me out, I took a walk which seemed to take an hour, I talked to myself and then halfway down the hill I was totally rid of my anxiety and had the biggest smile on my face. I came inside and I was feeling great! I didnt feel as much of the tactile things people talk about as I thought I would, it was more like CLEAN PURE EUPHORIA... oh I remember being on the floor and feeling great and moaning quietly to myself. M, S, and me listen to some sublime, red hot chilli peppers and trance . At this point I sort of wished I hadn't taken the benzos because I was sleepy my eyes just wanted to close but my body was moving lol. Then we sat on the couch with our comfortor close to each other and watched the family guy movie. Then some time after about 1 o clock we each took 1/3 of a pill. I also took a cup of coffee to get me up to sort of counteract the benzo it slightly worked but then well it was 5 in the morning and I wanted to sleep at least a little. I woke up feeling still sleepy and I still am right now at 4:35. but I feel good, there wasn't a crash. I just feel plesant. So that was my night. There might be some things that were left out... but yes it was MDMA both my fellow rollers said it was definatly MDMA. Im just easily freaked out and when I think a certain thing I dont let go of it so it makes it worse. In the end I loved MDMA.

wastedwalrus said:
I have "generalized anxiety disorder" but I don''t have even the slightest hint of anxiety when I roll. In fact, my anxiety has been better since I started rolling (dramatically less panic attacks).

Same here. It's not nearly as much of a problem anymore

Sorry to rant but....

Anxiety is not a fucking disease. It is a state of mind that everyone experiences to a lesser or greater degree, not a terminal illness that you need to munch down ssri's and shit to combat. "Anxiety disorders", when referred to as a kind of illness, are one of the biggest lies of the last 40 odd years, not to mention a huge money maker for drug companies. While it is true that the odd individual does experience extreme anxiety related to chemical imbalance, this is much rarer then pharmacuetical companies would have you believe. The anxiety most of us feel, no matter how intense, is more a product of our society and conditioning then it is our brains.

Anyways, sounds like you had a pleasant experience. E can be great when you use it intelligently. Just don't make it a habit or you will ended up feeling an anxiety that is chemical in nature.

The Amtrack Kid said:
Sorry to rant but....

Anxiety is not a fucking disease. It is a state of mind that everyone experiences to a lesser or greater degree, not a terminal illness that you need to munch down ssri's and shit to combat. "Anxiety disorders", when referred to as a kind of illness, are one of the biggest lies of the last 40 odd years, not to mention a huge money maker for drug companies. While it is true that the odd individual does experience extreme anxiety related to chemical imbalance, this is much rarer then pharmacuetical companies would have you believe. The anxiety most of us feel, no matter how intense, is more a product of our society and conditioning then it is our brains.

Anyways, sounds like you had a pleasant experience. E can be great when you use it intelligently. Just don't make it a habit or you will ended up feeling an anxiety that is chemical in nature.

Amtrack kid, that is an incredibly ignorant and incorrect statement.

You need to read and learn about the illness of anxiety disorders.

The anxiety most of us feel, no matter how intense, is more a product of our society and conditioning then it is our brains.

Read that again. What does that mean? That our society and conditioning do not affect our "brain"?

CONDITIONING by definition changes our brain. Some people are mal-adapted to deal with the stresses of society and do not "condition" properly.

Maybe think things through before telling hundreds of people on here that their illness is a lie.

8)