Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety/Social Anxiety and LSD

scatterday

Bluelight Crew
Greetings bluelights,

Coming here seeking some advice of my own this time around. I've recently aquired some 220ug blotters from a friend, Will be testing them with ehrlich reagent before consumption.

For someone that suffers social anxiety and anxiety quite severely would it be an unwise idea to consider taking one?

I've had an extreme urge and desire to trip on LSD once again. I have trip killers at my disposal but wanted to hear from anxiety/social anxiety sufferers first hand how their anxiety reacts to the LSD.

I have SAD, GAD, panic attacks, and agoraphobia. I trip frequently without issue, but always in a safe setting. And with bzds.

I’d argue that having anxiety disorders should worry you more about smoking pot than it should about taking LSD.

YMMV.

OP - where is it that you will be tripping? Are you tripping alone? Setting here obviously is fairly important, if you are planning to trip in a social setting then of course the risk of an unpleasant anxiety reaction will be a lot higher.

I have experienced social anxiety also to a greater or lesser degree throughout my life. I generally find that LSD is not an especially anxiety-inducing psychedelic - although I do usually trip alone. I have taken lower doses of LSD in a social setting however and did not experience anxiety, in fact I have even found it to be slightly anxiolytic on at least one occasion, although I would say this was probably very much mindset and setting-related, neither of which we can ever completely control, and was not a typical reaction. But yeah, I would not say it was unwise to consider taking one at all - just make sure to do what you can to control your mindset and the setting in which you will be tripping beforehand.

You have tripped on LSD before? How was your reaction then, and was this at a point in your life that you had less anxiety? The fact that this is not completely new to you, for sure, I think, is a reason to have positive expectations, unless, perhaps, you had an extreme reaction previously.

LSD if anything helped me work through my anxieties more than any other substance. As said above, weed seems to trigger anxiety disorders more easily/intensely than LSD.

I'd argue 220 ug (if that is very precise) might be a bit much for a first trip. L is much more "up-beat" than say mushrooms. Start with half a tab and see how it goes, the peak is much longer than shrooms (especially if you're used to drinking tea) so take that into consideration as well. Hope you enjoy your first trip.

RE anxiety: This totally depends on what type of anxiety you have, I have moderate to severe OCD and have had a very easy time with dosing psychedelics but have a very difficult time with smoking pot. On the other hand, I had a friend with BPD (with some considerable trauma in their past) who had a "bummer" trip first round but a total melt down on the second time. YMMV, personally wouldn't go over 150 ug first time.

L is much more "up-beat" than say mushrooms.
That's one way to phrase it. I personally tell people that mushies make you look inwards and reflect on what composes the 'self' (really bad for my anxiety personally, actually), while LSD makes you look outwards and see the reality around you.

That's one way to phrase it. I personally tell people that mushies make you look inwards and reflect on what composes the 'self' (really bad for my anxiety personally, actually), while LSD makes you look outwards and see the reality around you.

Not necessarily, they've helped me considerably but one shouldn't forget whatever you get a chance to glimpse at should be incorporated into "real life". The initial come-up of shrooms can be a little nervous, L is a bit more fun. Dunno, YMMV I'm quite fond of both :cool: but it takes a bit of kick up the arse to remember that.

I have SAD, GAD, panic attacks, and agoraphobia. I trip frequently without issue, but always in a safe setting. And with bzds.

I’d argue that having anxiety disorders should worry you more about smoking pot than it should about taking LSD.

YMMV.

You sound identical to me, I'm prescribed alprazolam just don't like to take it often even though I love benzodiazepines. I use it as intended for emergency situations.

I have anxiety and social anxiety as long as im tripping in a familiar safe setting im fine. 220 ug the come up can be a bit rough with some anxiety til it smooths out on the peak as the trip is quite strong. I always found anxiety if your in a good setting will disappear by the time you start peaking as long you dont mix cannabis into the acid. I use to get alot of anxiety if i was walking around in daytime while tripping heavy on acid cause i always thought i looked fucked up but no one acutally ever notices and friends always thought i was sober til i told them im on acid.

Yeah I'll avoid cannabis this time around just to test the waters, I did psilocybe subs recently with the ROA being tea and the onset was very surprising and caused some anxiety which I suppose eased off. I've always remembered mushrooms to be very confusing that's why I enjoy DMT you get some kind of a clarify with it.

It's been ages since I've tried LSD, Are your thought processes very confusing or is there a lot of clarity?

From memory most of it was until the peak then it became a bit confusing and as we would say "tripping out".

OP - where is it that you will be tripping? Are you tripping alone? Setting here obviously is fairly important, if you are planning to trip in a social setting then of course the risk of an unpleasant anxiety reaction will be a lot higher.

I have experienced social anxiety also to a greater or lesser degree throughout my life. I generally find that LSD is not an especially anxiety-inducing psychedelic - although I do usually trip alone. I have taken lower doses of LSD in a social setting however and did not experience anxiety, in fact I have even found it to be slightly anxiolytic on at least one occasion, although I would say this was probably very much mindset and setting-related, neither of which we can ever completely control, and was not a typical reaction. But yeah, I would not say it was unwise to consider taking one at all - just make sure to do what you can to control your mindset and the setting in which you will be tripping beforehand.

You have tripped on LSD before? How was your reaction then, and was this at a point in your life that you had less anxiety? The fact that this is not completely new to you, for sure, I think, is a reason to have positive expectations, unless, perhaps, you had an extreme reaction previously.

Thanks this response was very polite and gives me hope which makes me even want to do it more, Just trying to save it for the perfect time, set and setting.

I have tripped multiple times before on psychedelics I'm just not sure how strong the LSD was I know these are definitely above 200ug and laid with aztec lsd crystal. I know they're pure just not sure how intense the visuals and effects are going to be..

I've broken through on DMT so I can imagine the differences wouldn't even be comparable.

I've had psilocybe subs recently and they gave me some anxiety but it kind of wore off but I know psilocybin is a bit more confusing than lsd.

LSD if anything helped me work through my anxieties more than any other substance. As said above, weed seems to trigger anxiety disorders more easily/intensely than LSD.

This is very promising, Cannabis causes anxiety for me at high dose, Low dose it's enjoyable.

I'd argue 220 ug (if that is very precise) might be a bit much for a first trip. L is much more "up-beat" than say mushrooms. Start with half a tab and see how it goes, the peak is much longer than shrooms (especially if you're used to drinking tea) so take that into consideration as well. Hope you enjoy your first trip.

RE anxiety: This totally depends on what type of anxiety you have, I have moderate to severe OCD and have had a very easy time with dosing psychedelics but have a very difficult time with smoking pot. On the other hand, I had a friend with BPD (with some considerable trauma in their past) who had a "bummer" trip first round but a total melt down on the second time. YMMV, personally wouldn't go over 150 ug first time.

I've tripped multiple times before and have really enjoyed the experiences but never without alprazolam since my anxiety started.

I want to do this LSD without any Alprazolam and really enjoy it.

A very interesting way to look at it, I find mushrooms more confusing. Almost like being strapped to the back of a rocket and not being able to control it.

Where as LSD was being strapped to a rocket and being able to control the way it goes a little bit more.

As long as im only on acid my thought processes will be beyond clear its like my higher self seeing through all the bullshit i usually think. It also depends on the dose. at 220 ug things can get a bit rough its a strong peak and come up kicks in quite hard around 45 mins to a hour with visuals this where it can be a bit confusing as u get thrown fast into the world of acid til it smooths out as you get use to the peak.

Yeah I remember it being like this too, Very tempted to give a try but not going to rush it.

I have anxiety and social anxiety as long as im tripping in a familiar safe setting im fine. 220 ug the come up can be a bit rough with some anxiety til it smooths out on the peak as the trip is quite strong. I always found anxiety if your in a good setting will disappear by the time you start peaking as long you dont mix cannabis into the acid. I use to get alot of anxiety if i was walking around in daytime while tripping heavy on acid cause i always thought i looked fucked up but no one acutally ever notices and friends always thought i was sober til i told them im on acid.
This was always my own experience I have taken doses up to 1000 ug with little tolerance and had the most extraordinarily intense yet amazing and sensational and unbelievably visual come up which I handled surprisingly well and actually in in a relatively normal household environment.

At the time I could not have been higher on LSD or anything I don't think it was absolutely fantastic magical yet I was completely collected within myself and calm and seemingly normal and the people I was with were adamant that there was absolutely no indication that I was on any drugs at all.

I always had this tendency about my character I'm not saying this always applied of course there were millions of times when I was right messed up and it was plain to see.

But with the high doses of LSD and the extraordinarily strong and beautiful trips I was having like this I'm describing above there really is a phenomena whereby certain people like yourself and I can be perceived as being completely sober and straight.

I'm sure my pupils would have been pretty obviously dilated but this was not focused upon or inspected closely on those occasions.

Got my 250 1cP tabs from Holland today, 3 working days how nice hey? Saved any lingering anxiety into next week the longer it takes those thoughts can start to creep in and create some anxiety.

Just never got to that stage this time.

Last edited:
I do LSD at least a couple times a year and it's never caused any issues with my anxiety. In fact LSD has shown effectiveness as a treatment for anxiety in clinical trials much like MDMA.

Personally I do think psychedelics have helped me deal with both depression and anxiety to a significant degree. They're not the only factor but they've helped majorly. I have a lot to thank them for and LSD is my favourite psychedelic.

I have to agree that 220ug is a lot for a first trip though. Stick to 100ug for a first trip, assuming it is a good tab that's correctly dosed 100ug is enough to have a good strong trip.

I'm gonna echo what I hear a lot of in this thread already: LSD is generally (but not always, or guaranteed) useful for dealing with social anxiety. Don't combine it with weed. I'd also agree that 220ug (if it really is that strong) is a pretty hefty dose and that it would be a good idea to start with half that.

LSD has helped me deal with some social anxiety in the past. I've never been crippled with it, nor would I say I'm fully cured of this normal, human affliction, but I'd say that LSD has nudged me a bit in the right direction when it comes to social anxiety. Mostly by showing me some of my social neuroses while tripping, and giving me the opportunity to overcome them.

I find that LSD lets me operate very functionally in public and in social situations. It's kind of surprising. You might find you're the same, and that by interacting with people while you're tripping (not too hard mind you!) that you can gain some insights and overcome some of your anxiety.

Exactly. A little bit of cannabis smoke makes me anxious so severely that I can't describe it. Just like a cup of deca coffee makes me so ill, they just don't filter everything completely. LSD might provoke any espect of anxieties to be enhanced, and how you deal with it will be completely up to you. It might make such problems like my PTSD stronger and mess up your trip but you also might get the right insight to deal with it and change iternal structure to help you with your problems. Things Always can go either way. And a good preparation is essential. This ain't mc donals where you get your cheese hamburger before the cheese is molten.