View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety on LSD

BellyBoo

Greenlighter
Last april i took LSD for the first time... it was beautiful! Most amazing memory i think i will ever have. After that I moved out on my own and i became a total stoner. Smoked weed religiously! And i had done acid maybe 5-6 more times after that, but never more than 1 tab each time:) and always nothing but beautiful and amazing trips. Back in August i took acid with a friend..both of us took 2 tabs. he smoked weed all the time on LSD but i had never. I tried it and everything spiralled. i had a full blown anxiety attack which threw me into the most traumatizing time of my life. I wont go into detail, but i was terrified and crying the entire 13 hours i was tripping and i had reoccuring nightmares/flashbacks for weeks and weeks after.. i kept smoking weed after that night which i now realize (as i have not smoked for 4 months) that the weed was not helping me get over it. Its been its been 8 months since that night and i want to trip again. Im nervouse that i will have another anxiety attack and that everything will go down hill.. I would love some insight... my main question is, has anyone had this or something similar to this happen to them, where they tripped again after and it was completly normal? I just want to trip like i was able to before this happened!

You might have experienced weed-induced anxiety and it's not that uncommon. I used to be able to smoke all the time but don't anymore because it makes me paranoid and makes my anxiety worse. Back in the days when I took acid, the weed was not too strong so it never wrecked my trips. What you can do for the next time you want to trip is try just taking one hit. (I'm going to move this to Psychedelic Drugs)

Defintiely the cannabis doing this. For whatever reason, it can be like a totally different drug when tripping. It reminds me of the harsher synthetic cannabinoids, quite menacing if it goes awry. Personally, I love the effects of cannabis but I only smoke at the tail end of a trip to avoid taininting the experience and tending it to anxiety. But man, those thought loops! 8o :D

It was the weed. Wait a little longer to let your nerves cool down a bit more, then go ahead and try LSD again. Just don't smoke weed while you're on it.

I suggest you wait until you're not nervous about it anymore, but the rule of thumb is "when you're ready, you'll know." If you feel ready now then you can try it now, but I'm guessing that since you made this post you're still a little uncertain, so waiting a little longer can't hurt.

I'm having the exact same problem, but for me it's been two and a half years since the trip rather than your 8 months. I'm still extremely apprehensive to try LSD again too. I don't think the nervousness will stop, we would just have to dive into it. Let's trip together my friend and work out our similar problems together! Lol

Thats what im feeling, after that last trip. I dont think that little 3% of worry i have will every go away. And i am 100% determined to trip again because i know how happy i was back when i could trip whenever i wanted. 2 and a half years is a very long time to wait! I say now is better than never...

take 4 tabs, a decent dissociative, have a xanax bar or two on hand, maybe a molly, and you will not be anxious. (Note: this is just me, don't do this.)

Yeah I mean it fucked me up big time psychologically. Really bad. Same thing as you, it was the weed that spiraled it out of control. If anyone understood or experienced what I went through they'd understand why I haven't gone back for two and a half years. I would like to though eventually, but if it goes as bad as last time I don't think I'll come back sane again.

take 4 tabs, a decent dissociative, have a xanax bar or two on hand, maybe a molly, and you will not be anxious. (Note: this is just me, don't do this.)
Yeah dissos take care of any psychedelic anxiety for me to without dampening the trip (they actually synergize very well) and having a benzo on hand does wonders just by knowing you have it (always have some but don't remember ever actually taking it). I'd be careful with mixing dissos and mdma, some dissos affect serotonin which could make them react badly to mdma. According to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3602154/ ketamine appears ok, while the 3-meos and pce analogs look particularly problematic, where does that leave 2f-dck, dck, o-pce, 3-ho-pce, mxm, any of the phenidines or something even more exotic is a good question. I'd guess that 2f-dck, dck and maybe o-pce are probably ok, but would rather not guess about the rest.

Never trip without benzos. Theyve saved my ass a couple of times when i started having a full fledged panic attack while tripping

I understand probably more than anyone what you went through. Psychologically i feel drained. And its hard to push myself back up. Everything was lifeless and i was crying the entire trip.. i was even fighting during it and blacked out at one point- i said some crqzy shit and then when i regained conciousness i couldnt remember what i had said or done...

If you start panicking on acid and take a xanax (whatever dose it takes, for me 3-4mg) it will calm you down. They also help sleep because it is impossible for at least 12 hours IME, maybe a longer acting one like valium or klonopin would be better for the sleep aspect.

It is better not to have panicked in the first place though, I like the xanax as a safety valve but if you are terrified of tripping it is probably better not to.

Ive heard that xanax can put you to sleep on acid? Is this true? And im not terrified to trip again. Im worried it could turn out the same it was last time..

Maybe take a tiny dose of xanax (.25-.75 if you're not a benzo user) to take the edge off first. I have a hard time recommending this to someone so concerned about a bad trip but could do the trick.

Ive heard that xanax can put you to sleep on acid? Is this true? And im not terrified to trip again. Im worried it could turn out the same it was last time..

It won't turn out like last time unless you smoke weed. LSD is beautiful, I think you are forgetting how beautiful it really is... I often forget, and then when I jump back in, I wonder why I was even worried to begin with.

Update: i tried half a tab on friday night. I never realized how much i missed it! Body high was amazing! Visuals were... very calm. Which is good! It was like it always had been before. Next time ill try a full❤️ Im deffinitly mot a benzo user, i hate downers. And usually when i drink i black out from the smallest amount - maybe about 4-5 shots. So that dosnt reallllly feel like im down. Dont like Indica, dont wanna try K.