• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos anxiety & nausea

quave2

Greenlighter
hello. I'm not sure how to post. (I hope this is a good place) I used to take 2mg (sometimes 3/4mg) of Xanax daily or every other day in 2013/2014 mixed with a lot of beers to "party" dayrage or nightlife or both. (good times) I stopped taking the bars in late 2014 and haven't touched them since. I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms once I stopped taking them. I smoked a lot of weed because that was my drug of choice. smoked daily high thc since 2009. (I told myself fuck Xanax the herb is all I need) However since late 2015 early 2016 I am getting very severe anxiety and nausea that I NEVER had before. I cant fly on airplanes or take long car trips or do HALF the things I used to do. I cant even smoke my pot anymore. I have been anti big pharma and anti pills since I stopped taking the bars. is the Xanax I used to take in highschool causing these problems now? Again I felt none of the usual withdrawal symptoms from benzos when I stopped and basically went from taking them everyday to few times a week to none at all. (drank everytime I took them) I find it odd I'm starting to feel like this years after. 8(8(8(

I dont think its benzo withdrawal for its been a awhile since you took any. You maybe experiencing some rebound effects from THC. Have you been on any other medication since you have been experiencing your symptoms?

Nope no other meds. Had to stop smoking a few months back.. I was thinking the thc may have been a factor but I was hoping I was wrong :////

I had to stop smoking for about 2 years due to the anxiety issues it caused through my greedy, constant use. I eventually managed to get back into it but had to 'retrain' my brain to get comfortably stoned again. Moderation and stimulus (i only smoke when I have something to read / watch / music / ps4 etc - not a good drug for introspection in my case...) has helped.