• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Anxiety, I Think

Elliot moose

Greenlighter
Well basicly, i've done like a shed load of drugs over the past two years being pretty much anything i could get my hands on. but my drug of choice was always weed, i blazed like everyday for 2 years straight pretty much. Up untill like 7 months ago, when i took like maybe .4g of NRG and smoked up, resulted in a 15 hour anxiety attack, i like carried on smoking but it kind of felt as if my body were shutting down, and i was like chronicly worrying about the fact that i might be going insane? and i started getting frequent anxiety attacks, so i stopped. for like 4 months, anxiety died down started feeling better and all my friends still smoke weed and like i feel kinda left out, so i blazed again maybe like a week ago and have been for the past week but maybe like the past 3 days i have been getting these feelings of like impending doom and feeling really only kinda like half there most of the time, like i can't focus on the now and i spend too much time worrying about the past or future or anything in my head. Too be honest i don't like spending much time alone with my thoughts as i kinda worry myself into thinking crap that i know really isn't actually a problem =[
i'm shy and get anxious in social situations and i recently started uni which doesn't help and the more i try and make friends i can only make friends with stoners, as "sober" people, don't seem to live in the real world? i hold down a job and go to uni, but i really don't feel normal anymore, it's like the warm kind of feeling when around friends and family has gone and has been replaced with an unsettling everythings not quite right feeling,i have been getting a few migranes recently aswell.

Basicly all i want to know really is, is this anxiety related?
Am i likely to have any more serious mental health problem other than anxiety?
My mum always says my dad was a manic depressive and he topped himself when i was 9, am i likely to be bipolar?
Do i need to see a Dr. or psychiatrist really?
Can i still carry on taking drugs?

sounds anxiety related to me. you will recover in time. but drugs will make it worse, especially cannabis (its known to make certain people very anxious and paranoid, etc). stop taking drugs

I feel for you bro and going to see a Psychiatrist is probably a great idea. Especially with your family history....I seem to only make friends with stoners too, its hard to make friends with completely sober people for me too.
I am not sure what NRG is but I would stop that and weed if it is giving you negative feelings.

Cheers but like soo many people i know smoke up and it kinda feels like that i'm not normal if i don't smoke up, i guess i just over think things, but it's hard sometimes not to. if i could stop thinking that'd be great. Thing is. do sober people think this much? like before i started taking drugs did i think all the time? i can't even remember. i think that's my main problem is i can't remember what life was like before i started taking drugs and now i worry that i don't fit in because i started taking them maybe? i dunno i can't analyse my thoughts properly i'm so indecisive it's ridiculous. I'm so insecure, anyone got any answers to peace of mind other than religion as i can't possibly even begin to believe that bullshit?

Drugs aint a good idea keep off them for a good six months or more , weed is what triggered my anxiety off ,did every drug goin round like ur self but felt the anx straight after smoking a joint . Plus drinking alcohol everyday stirred it up even more . Go see a psychologist , best thing i ever did , u may need a mild anti depressant too . Dont isolate urself from people who dont do drugs the more u deal with them the less u ll feel the anxiety after awhile. good luck :)

Hmmm I think it could be the weed your smokin .
Our bro here is probably getting some heavy sativa strains which are known to increase anxiety.

I would strongly reccomed OP looks into getting some indica dominant strains As they are Known to actually decrease anxiety .
I smoke m39 everyday which is a havy indica strain and it actually makes me too relaxed lol (decreases anxiety)

Or the best thing you could do is take a straight long break from drugs .
I would personally find this pretty hard (I would be able to quit harder drugs but I simply loveeee weed lol)

Sounds like anxiety, I know it all too well. I first got panic attacks from smoking weed but they continued after I stopped. The thing with anxiety is you need to figure out what is causing it, maybe you can just stop smoking weed and the anxiety will stop.

When I quit weed after years of daily use it opened up a big can of worms. I still had anxiety problems, plus depression then I turned to Alcohol and every other drug I could find.

To make a Long story less long, I've finally realized I have suffered from anxiety disorders my whole life but I always self medicated. It wasn't until I went to a Psychiatrist that I started to see some real progress. My regular doctor just prescribed benzos which just added another addiction. The psych tried various things and we've realized that treating me for ADD has cleared up alot of my anxiety and depression issues. All the attempts at trying to just treat the anxiety and depression turned out to not work so well, but treating me for ADD helped me more than anything, it's the last thing I would have suspected.

So save yourself years of trouble and go to a therapist or psychiatrist and try to find the root cause of your anxiety before it causes you any more trouble.

This is the anxiety for sure bra! Better get that under control; anxiety can quickly take over your life and turn it to shat if you keep feeding it! (Or at least that's what I hear, and have experienced.)

Good luck!

BTW, unless you have real good self-control, using drugs to soothe the anxiety just seems to lead to MORE ANXIETY! AHHHHHH!

I never could smoke weed made me very very nervous .parniod .. ..dont like the weed buzz at all ..u got anxiety ..see dr talk to somebody

man i wish i could do a xanax ..no i will not .. not right now wink...

it is definitely anxiety related. going to a psychiatrist wouldn't hurt. i have social anxiety. i tried the therapy route and it did help for a bit but i didn't go long enough. i still take drugs. i used to have a panic attack every time i smoked pot but once i realized what was going on in my body i was able to "fight it off." don't try to self medicate with drugs though. eventually you'll feel as if you need to use drugs to be social, which isn't true. you'll end up feeling worse, especially when it's time to quit.