• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Technology Antivirus Software is a scam

@nomorebenzos

go there and ask whatever questions you have if you're interested - they'll school ya there
I have never used a linux OS, but my brother has always suggested I do, he's big into software shit, programming, etc.

It just seems like to me it would make everything just more difficult, which is the last thing I need.

Windows is simple and compatible with basically everything. I'm sure if I took the time to understand linux it could be cool but idk if it's worth all the effort for me. I'm open to changing my mind with new information though.

I have never used a linux OS, but my brother has always suggested I do, he's big into software shit, programming, etc.

It just seems like to me it would make everything just more difficult, which is the last thing I need.

Windows is simple and compatible with basically everything. I'm sure if I took the time to understand linux it could be cool but idk if it's worth all the effort for me. I'm open to changing my mind with new information though.
Something like Ubuntu is very accessible, it's more about getting used to it than "understanding". Once you've got everything set up and installed some nice extensions and stuff, you can have an extremely slick and nice looking experience.
I learnt to hate Windows on laptops especially, all the little bugs, so slow, searching is terrible, crashes here and there, all your programs are cluttered in all these folders, cleaning up seems impossible...

what a bleak fuckin outlook

DUDE

SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT

Linux is cool, yeah, but has some glaring downsides namely software/hardware compatibility issues and lack of related support.

what a bleak fuckin outlook

DUDE

SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT
Oh yeah, wanting to be able to continue to use my pc for all of the basic things I need it for without having to read some antiquated opinion board that two other people read is BLEAK.

deficiT is being charged with being BLEAK = GUILTY!!!!!

You could run Linux inside Windows using virtualisation software such as VMware or VirtualBox--no effort needed

Example: you want more privacy/security while buying or selling drugs online, so you install Whonix which routes all traffic through the tor network & makes IP & DNS leaks impossible

deficiT is being charged with being BLEAK = GUILTY!!!!!
linux fanboys are pretty hardcore, always have been

065.jpg

my mcafee is expiring or i need norton antivirus because windows defender can't handle the job

and then after i install some windows updates, i gotta reboot and wait again

it's non-stop

if you're cool with all that then yea go for it - no reason to change

my mcafee is expiring or i need norton antivirus because windows defender can't handle the job

and then after i install some windows updates, i gotta reboot and wait again

it's non-stop

if you're cool with all that then yea go for it - no reason to change
Best to stick with Defender since it will catch the same known malicious code the exact same way dickafee & shorton will

None of them will stop or even smell a 0 day so if you suspect you got hit by one it's best to dispose of the device immediately as well as any wireless router that it was connected to

Also have you heard of the (((Stuxnet))) worm that sabotaged Iranian nuclear centrifuges? Guess which OS it was designed to infect?!

Right...

because 90%+ computers are using windows...so there's a really good chance that that virus designed for Windows, does what it was intended to do

doesn't take a genius to figure that out

but these 2 bumbling idiots are calling us "fanboys" because they can't even figure out how to partition their computer to make 2 operating systems co-exist on the same computer....in fact, when you install a Linux distro, it''ll do it all for you - guide you through it....it's not hard at all to do

so when they're feeling uncomfortable and they need their windows, they can still hop back over to it - that's what i did until i got used to it - kept windows just in case, and then when i felt like i didn't need it anymore, i wiped it off - started over and went all Linux....i don't have a single computer using Windows anymore - i hate Windows - it's an awful OS

how about when you wanna power your computer down and Windows tells you to wait, it's busy

Fuck you you're busy - that's not an option

and don't power it off while we're busy either or you gotta start over

no no no fuck you

i said shut down don't tell me to fuckin wait

what kinda bull fuckin shit is that?

hopefully they fix that when Windows 13 comes out

UNLIMITED EDITION WITH AN UNLIMITED SUPPLY

I've never had any of the issues with windows you just mentioned. @Mr. Krinkle

its not difficult to partition a hard drive either, but thanks for offering.

big daddy Bill Gates got you all worked up? I got his # he does my tech support

I've never had any of the issues with windows you just mentioned. @Mr. Krinkle

its not difficult to partition a hard drive either, but thanks for offering.

big daddy Bill Gates got you all worked up?

yea ok windows boy

it's got nothing to do with Gates...its got everything to do with being a poor OS overall

ya know why you don't think that it sucks? because youve never worked on another OS

so you know nothing - you just talk out of the side of your neck (true story)

I worked in IT professionally for 6 years and freelance front end web development.

I'd bet a cheeseburger I know a lot more about computers in general.

But it's cool I'll let you satisfy your odd need for nerdy supremacy here.

Derp, but windows has gamez and Netflix!! I'm not hacker enough to run linzix!

do you know what wine is?

you don't

but go ahead

keep chirping

t8IknjM.gif

Last edited:
so when they're feeling uncomfortable and they need their windows, they can still hop back over to it - that's what i did until i got used to it - kept windows just in case, and then when i felt like i didn't need it anymore, i wiped it off - started over and went all Linux....i don't have a single computer using Windows anymore - i hate Windows - it's an awful OS
That's what I did, knew after 2 days I knew 'd never go back.
Windows runs especially bad on laptops, there's always these little bugs and general annoyances.

Linux is sick. I installed Ubuntu for work a couple of years ago and it's been a great learning experience. Anyone telling you you *need* Windows or any Microsoft product for anything is full of shit! There's always Wine.
Yeah I'm running Ubuntu as well, installed loads of extensions and tweaked the whole experience. So slick, so beautiful, so fast.....

Gonna try some other distros when I get a new laptop or desktop.

I wonder how many on this forum already have basic Linux understanding simply from using tails to buy drugs.