• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Antipsychotic interactions?

oxymoron310

Bluelighter
I take rexulti.
Will it interact with Amphetamine “speed”, meth, MDMA, DMT, ketamine, cocaine?
What is your advice?

Yes it will my friend.

Rather than give you advice, since I don't know what you want to know anyway, I'd instead ask why you're prescribed brexpiprazole?

Usually drugs like that are given to alleviate some pretty serious conditions like bi-polar, schizo etc. And so if you take stimulants, you're just counteracting your medication, with a strong possibility that you'll make your underlying condition erupt quite severely.

I am prescribed Brexpiprazole for a mood disorder, anxiety, PTSD, sleep disturbances/nightmares. I have a gram of molly and I’m getting a hotel room for a few days with my new girlfriend.
I don’t think I need as strong a drug as rexulti.
What will happen if I take -.2 to -.25 mg Friday afternoon? We’re just honeymoon-ing away from our parents. Will I become a raving lunatic and end up strapped to a hospital bed getting injections? Will I get serotonin syndrome?
Rexulti is a relatively new medication, I take 2 mg.

I assume you mean 20-25mg, as 0.25mg of MDMA would be less than a microdose ;)

Well you're not likely to end up tied to a bed or get serotonin syndrome, but you should anticipate the trip to be less pleasurable as the purpose of your antipsychotic is to block/modify the activity of a whole bunch of receptors that MDMA would normally act upon.

I would suggest you don't just take more MDMA to try and overcome the antipsychotic though, as you really don't know how you'll react unless you've done so before. And as I said before, you do risk causing an abrupt and unpredictable aggravation of your underlying mental health disorders. So tread carefully.

I assume you mean 20-25mg, as 0.25mg of MDMA would be less than a microdose ;)

Well you're not likely to end up tied to a bed or get serotonin syndrome, but you should anticipate the trip to be less pleasurable as the purpose of your antipsychotic is to block/modify the activity of a whole bunch of receptors that MDMA would normally act upon.

I would suggest you don't just take more MDMA to try and overcome the antipsychotic though, as you really don't know how you'll react unless you've done so before. And as I said before, you do risk causing an abrupt and unpredictable aggravation of your underlying mental health disorders. So tread carefully.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I got the molly for her, anyway. I won't try to "break-through".

I am on a combo of psych meds including Geodon. I find I just need more of a stimulant to lift me.