• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Antidepressants changeover

happyone

Bluelighter
Hi. I am writing to gather information and experiences with the various antidepressants I am currently taking.
My psychiatrist is changing me over to maoi's.. specifically, 3 mg transdermal Selegiline (Deprenyl). i hv been on soo many different ssri's and snri's. my current regime (which i feel terrible on - high anxiety and treatment resistant depression) - includes Amitriptyline 50 mg night; Modafinil 300 mg in AM and ivket - 85mg 1x/wk. i also hv his script for low dose of lorazepam .25 for panic. thats it. i had been on Auvelity which I wasn't sure was doing anything. it did however play well with the K. the Amitriptyline however does not work well with my ivket as the last 2 times i was treated, i suffered horrendous panic attacks. required Versed to complete the hr. long infusion. I am scared to go to my next one on Friday.
Although the Ami helps a small bit with depression, it leaves me quite sedated feeling until early afternoon. My body feels like i could fall asleep , my eyelids are heavy and i hv no energy or focus or motivation. so here i sit searching for answers. this is awful. I am praying the Selegiline helps with depression and focus. I'm 64 and really need some relief from this long long depressive life. Started with anorexia at 13.
I appreciate and thank in advance anyone who can shed some life on this combination of meds i will be on.: the Amitrip, the Selegiline, Modafinil and as needed lorazepams. My psych and pharmacy said i shouldnt be concerned about serotonin syndrom at this low dose of Selegine.
Need desperately to get depression and anxiety under control. I am missing whats left of my life and it makes me soooo sad. Please help.
HappyOne