• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Antidepressants changeover

happyone

Bluelighter
Hi. I am writing to gather information and experiences with the various antidepressants I am currently taking.
My psychiatrist is changing me over to maoi's.. specifically, 3 mg transdermal Selegiline (Deprenyl). i hv been on soo many different ssri's and snri's. my current regime (which i feel terrible on - high anxiety and treatment resistant depression) - includes Amitriptyline 50 mg night; Modafinil 300 mg in AM and ivket - 85mg 1x/wk. i also hv his script for low dose of lorazepam .25 for panic. thats it. i had been on Auvelity which I wasn't sure was doing anything. it did however play well with the K. the Amitriptyline however does not work well with my ivket as the last 2 times i was treated, i suffered horrendous panic attacks. required Versed to complete the hr. long infusion. I am scared to go to my next one on Friday.
Although the Ami helps a small bit with depression, it leaves me quite sedated feeling until early afternoon. My body feels like i could fall asleep , my eyelids are heavy and i hv no energy or focus or motivation. so here i sit searching for answers. this is awful. I am praying the Selegiline helps with depression and focus. I'm 64 and really need some relief from this long long depressive life. Started with anorexia at 13.
I appreciate and thank in advance anyone who can shed some life on this combination of meds i will be on.: the Amitrip, the Selegiline, Modafinil and as needed lorazepams. My psych and pharmacy said i shouldnt be concerned about serotonin syndrom at this low dose of Selegine.
Need desperately to get depression and anxiety under control. I am missing whats left of my life and it makes me soooo sad. Please help.
HappyOne

Hi. I am writing to gather information and experiences with the various antidepressants I am currently taking.
My psychiatrist is changing me over to maoi's.. specifically, 3 mg transdermal Selegiline (Deprenyl). i hv been on soo many different ssri's and snri's. my current regime (which i feel terrible on - high anxiety and treatment resistant depression) - includes Amitriptyline 50 mg night; Modafinil 300 mg in AM and ivket - 85mg 1x/wk. i also hv his script for low dose of lorazepam .25 for panic. thats it. i had been on Auvelity which I wasn't sure was doing anything. it did however play well with the K. the Amitriptyline however does not work well with my ivket as the last 2 times i was treated, i suffered horrendous panic attacks. required Versed to complete the hr. long infusion. I am scared to go to my next one on Friday.
Although the Ami helps a small bit with depression, it leaves me quite sedated feeling until early afternoon. My body feels like i could fall asleep , my eyelids are heavy and i hv no energy or focus or motivation. so here i sit searching for answers. this is awful. I am praying the Selegiline helps with depression and focus. I'm 64 and really need some relief from this long long depressive life. Started with anorexia at 13.
I appreciate and thank in advance anyone who can shed some life on this combination of meds i will be on.: the Amitrip, the Selegiline, Modafinil and as needed lorazepams. My psych and pharmacy said i shouldnt be concerned about serotonin syndrom at this low dose of Selegine.
Need desperately to get depression and anxiety under control. I am missing whats left of my life and it makes me soooo sad. Please help.
HappyOne
finding the right antidepressant can take some time. it's pretty much trial and error. you may need more than one medication. it's tough but be patient. Citalipram is ssri that doesn't take a month to work. if you haven't tried it ask your doctor about it.

Thank you for that... Citralopam. aka Celexa. I think i've been on that one. Either not long enough, or it stopped working. I'm responding to the Emsam aka Selegiline 3 mg transdermal. increasing dose this week. Finally something is working. Yes, lots of trial and error and patience. I hope you hv found something that works for you?

Thank you for that... Citralopam. aka Celexa. I think i've been on that one. Either not long enough, or it stopped working. I'm responding to the Emsam aka Selegiline 3 mg transdermal. increasing dose this week. Finally something is working. Yes, lots of trial and error and patience. I hope you hv found something that works for you?
Celexa worked good for me but not for long. 5Htp also works for me but I'm not on anything regularly these days.