• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Another stupid question from yours truly :)

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I know this will be posted somewhere, but quite frankly I wouldn't even know what to search for. This is a really stupid question so please don't flame or troll me too hard :)

I was wondering, if I dosed 8mg xanax at 10AM and dosed another 4mg at 2PM, (times don't matter its just hypothetical) would the high get more "intense" per se, or would it just last longer and maintain the level I'm currently at? Essentially what i'm asking is if you took a drug and you knew it's half life and dosed more before the substance was processed in your body but yet the high was over, would you achieve better effects from that or would it be just like taking the same dose?

I've never been too wealthy so when I get my drugs I tend to conserve but depending on the answers I get about this it might change the dosing schedule of the RCs and other drugs I use for recreation.

Thanks for indulging my moronic question.

Have an awesome day BLers,
-MF4M

Do you have a significant benzo tolerance? Because if not, then dosing like this would just extend the inevitable blackout and you would have no recollection of whether or not the additional 4mg just extended or hightened and extended the effects.

If we are talking purely hypothetical then it depends on which drug, dosages and timing. In some cases it would just extend effects, in other cases it would cause a second peak of effects and extend effects. This is not easy to answer as it depends on many factors including ones subjective perception of effects...

Haha i think i brought up that mf4m a while back. Anyway your going to blackout possibly passout do not do this.

you know, i used to pop all kinds of bars a while back. I remember rolling and bouncing around all over the place. It just continues to increase, if i give it more time to subjectively wear off, then redose, i will get what i expected on how much i took. plus any preexisting impairment will be stacked/mixed with the inbound affects from the new dose. Ultimately it keeps getting more, "benzoy". And yeah memory impairment is very likely, I have never really experienced any memory impairment on xanax for the most part, like many say they black out. so yeah, I just remember a lot of retarded loosy goosy shit i'd do. and how much time i'd waste "not feeling the xanax" yet being fuked up at same time lol. I suppose if you woke up and smoked weed right away, and continued for the rest of the day, and never really came down from your high. its sorta similar in the foggy sorta world you end up in. I dont know, that's my perspective at least

LOLOL I've heard that a million times. And maybe my girl and I are lookin to experiment with a threesome :). I like my signature and I won't change it. If anything, it'll boost my reputation on BL as "The guy who wants a threesome" lol.

You're not original, I've heard that about a half dozen times.

Thanks for putting in your worthless two cents.

Stay safe,
-Male Female Looking 4 Male

If my signature bothers you guys so much, or makes you chuckle? Then I'll crowd source this: What should my sig be?

-Stay safe,
Male and Female Looking to fuck the shit out of another male in a threesome.

Don't change the old sig, I always chuckle... ;)

But on topic, do you feel the question got adequately answered? Basically the answer is: it depends. Depends on the substance, the dosages, the timing, your tolerance and also you perception.

A drug redose may just prolong the effects or it may cause both a secondary peak and also prolong the effects. Sometimes a redose just intensifies unwanted side effects. It's all gonna depend on the variables (drug, timing, tolerance, dose, perception).

In the example you used in the OP: 8mg of Xanax with a redose after 4hrs of 4mg: yeah the second dose would both definitely intensify the effects and prolong the effects. You wouldn't remember any of it though unless you have a heavy benzo tolerance. You might also come-to in jail, or find yourself running naked in a field, with no memory of how you got into either situation.

MF4M for life