• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Another Green Dragon Question.

JointsNRoaches

Bluelighter
What up?
Ive used the search engine but I couldnt find the answer(s) I was looking for.

Im thinking of making a batch of green dragon and wasnt sure about a few things. I wanna use a whole bottle of vodka, probably Smirnoff Triple Distilled? Does that sound good? Il go for the 750ml bottle (a 5th) and hopefully use the batch over a long period of time, probably months or years. To make this possible, ho much weed would I need to mix with the vodka and which method would be best to make this kind of amount? Any links to recipes and guides would be great.

Also, I heard that the alcohol evaporates when you make green dragon which makes perfect sence considering you can you use the stove to heat the mixture but what if I was to simply leave my weed to soak in the alcohol for a few weeks? What would happen to the alcohol then? Fianlly, how does the high compare to eating and smoking weed? Is it that much different/similar to either of them? I think thats all of my questions for now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Js&Rs

well i can only answer one question about the eating compared to smoking. its much more intense and longer. you get more stoned in my opinion then high, if anything. its good though :)

First, use alcohol greater than 75% or 150 proof. Anything weaker will only cause disappointment.

Second, leave the chipped up buds in the vodka from 4 week to 2 months depend on your like

Third, expect to get drunk and body stoned from green dragon =D

First, use alcohol greater than 75% or 150 proof. Anything weaker will only cause disappointment.

I dont know how easy it will be to get hold of 150 proof Vodka to be honest. I can probably get 100 proof Smirnoff Blue but the only 150 Proof vodka I know of is Everclear which I dont think Iv ever seen out here. Will 100 proof cut it? How do 80/100/150 Proof compare with regards to absorbing THC?

Second, leave the chipped up buds in the vodka from 4 week to 2 months depend on your like

This will probably be the best way for me to do it considering I live with parents who are very conservative and against mass comsumption of spirits and cannabis so Il probably let it sit under my bed for as long as I need it too. Would it be an option to leave the weed in there permanently and just strain the amount that Im going to drink prior to consuming it?

Third, expect to get drunk and body stoned from green dragon =D

Thats what I though would happen although I read somewhere that if you use a stove, the alcohol evaporates. It makes sense that the alcohol would evaporate but why would you want it to if thats what absorbs the THC? Lol. Either way Il be using the other method.

Thanks for the reply. A really good answer.

you can get Baccardi 151. It's pretty damned expensive, but it's a clean white rum and full of alcohol. it is 151 proof, (75.5%abv)
this is what we use for such things, though the furthest we've gone with post-distillation drink making is absynthe. I've known about green dragon for a while, but never really took the time to get into it, plus i like to keep my green and browns separate :p
let us know how it goes. (do it right heh)

ps; your final point about alcohol evaporation may be an important one. I'm not sure whether you're supposed to heat the mixture or not, but i've been told that the sticks and stones method is just to leave your nugs in the bottle. If there is a large amount of evaporation to be expected, then this may cause the bottle to break, but i'm not sure about this, many, many spirits and liquors and wines finish the fermentation process in-bottle...

^ Fair point. I like the idea of using vodka though because I dont like rum too often. I love it but only in moderation. I think Il have to go for the Blue 100 Proof Smirnoff, get a 700ml bottle. The only thing Im not sure about is how much weed to put in. Any guidlines I can follow like a Gram to Ml ratio kinda thing. I read somewhere that someone used 4g for a 5th of 100 Proof Vodka so I was thinking about that much but it doesnt seem like alot for such a large amount of liquid. What do you think?

Just read that the general rule of thumb is 1/2 gram of weed for ever ounces of alcohol? Does that sound right? Also, how do i work out how many ounces of alcohol there are in the bottle without having it with me and also in a way that only accounts for the alcohol?

not sure if i'm allowed to directly link to other sites, such as i am about to do, but this tek seems to be the one that many of the people over on the shroomery are using, however, i cannot access it right now, as their site seems to be down for 'critical maintenance'.

http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/82380-definitive-green-dragon-revised-updated-combined.html

I have a feeling however, that this is not the standard soak and sink, though it is also lauded as being one of the best ways to consume your THC (or at least via alcohol :p)

so i'd wait a while, check the site, then make your choice on what to use as the solvent.

alright, so my bro had good results using a good, high proof tequila (94 proof). I recomend it over vodka because of the taste and smoothness. he used about 1/4oz of dank, along with about 2g of hash and a bunch of kief, just tossing it in there over time. He let it set for about 3 months, and we've been using a 1ml oral syringe to squirt it in our drinks or under our tongues. About 3ml seems to be the right amount

As for the high, it seems shorter and more psychedelic, almost like the come-up on an acid trip.

and alcohol wont evaporate in significant amounts if its sealed, otherwise liquor stores'd go out of business. you dont have to eat it to make it active, so just leave it sealed in the bottle, and put the whole mixture some place cool (not cold) and dark

Get ever clear & put material in it
Let sit for 2 weeks
strain & repeat many times!
Heat(stovetop) & Drink= OW!
Or evaporate & have a crude impure hash(do not heat, go back two spaces).

Last edited:
I cant get hold of Everclear.

I think Im gonna go for a bottle of 100 Proof Smirnoff and about 4 grams of bud. I read on another forum that those measurements are good together. They actually said 3.5grams but gotta compensate for the quality of the weed Im gettin right now. Sound good?

I feel sorry for the people who cant get hold of the grain alcohol (everclear) its the best for makeing the dragon. Last summer took about a pink of everclear put 1/8 of mids, let sit for two weeks, took it to the roo, really good stuff. The alcohol hit me withen 5 min and about 20-30 min later the thc kicked in, nice head buzz along with being a little drunk. Good stuff.

Be careful, eating/drinking the good 'erb can produce profound and very heavy psychedelic experiences.

I use to like eating cannabutter made with quality hash. More than once I thought to myself an hour after consuming, "a little too much!!!" followed by "less next time".

IME it's harder get the dose right, coz the effects come on a lot slower and there are other factors like what you've eaten and how long before consuming. ;)

Just read that the general rule of thumb is 1/2 gram of weed for ever ounces of alcohol? Does that sound right? Also, how do i work out how many ounces of alcohol there are in the bottle without it with me and also in a way that only accounts for the alcohol?
750 ml = 25 oz so like a half oz of weed in one bottle should be good but then again i know i know fuck all about cannabis/alcohol drinks

^ Me neither. Just after i read that, I read that they were using 8ths for a 750ml bottle and it was a good mix. Im so confused.