• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

another GMO to be on the market in USA

there must be something greater to the argument than 'its not natural' I agree. We can demolish this type of argument very swiftly since there is no accepted definition of natural. I do not accept the definition of "oh you know...natural..."

No, I do not know. Everything is natural as far as I am concerned even a chemist in China synthesizing lysergic-acid-diethylamide under vacuum distillation from other synthetic precursors.

I'd like to add that sometimes people do things for non-rational (not irrational...non-rational or a-rational) reasons. For instance, I believe in ghosts, spirits, faeries. I do not think they physically exist, I think their existence is more complex and dependent on the existence of us as thinking/perceiving beings. They are non-physical manifestations of the physical reality in special/magical places. I do not have a rational reason for believing this. I dont need one to believe it. I choose to believe in them.

Just like somebody might choose to believe in God(dess).

Or choose to believe that they want their food as untampered with as possible.

I'd prefer to eat food I hunt for and grow myself (someday completely hopefully). That means I dont want some chemist splicing shit into my food. Why? I dont really have a reason other than NOT WANTING IT. I choose to not want it even though I lack a rational basis. Call it 'intuition'.

My cell phone turning one side of my head bright red, burning and tingly and my entire body twitchy and hot feeling after even 15 minutes of continual use is more than enough evidence for me.

I use a mobile phone every day and I've never had any of those symptoms. Funny that...

Just because some people have zero awareness over how things effect them doesn't mean that they are not being harmed.

everybody is different also. What may be good for some is bad for others.

For instance, northern europeans have the enzyme to digest lactose. Other people in other parts of the world do not and milk bothers their GI tract very greatly.

Some people can paint a beautiful painting. Some can deadlift 495lb. Others can preform surgery.

Its called:

juhhhhhhnettttixxx

The ability to paint, lift weights or to perform surgery is not genetic, but acquired.

well everything has some genetic basis, no? I would never be able to perform brain surgery because I do not have a steady enough hand. Its genetic I'm sure, since my brothers are similar (shaking fingers sometimes i think its an overabudance of adrenaline). Anyways thats off topic :p