• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Another attempt to get clean from heroin.... advice?

polo792

Bluelighter
Hey all, I guess I just needed to vent and get ppl opinions, I have been using a point of heroin a day shared with someone else so I guess it would be 0.05g. I don't get the full feeling bcos I'm on a patch named Norman which is a slow release of 5micrograms an hour over 7 days. I don't know why I can't just stay away from going to use, I guess its the boredom but once I have used I feel regret and say I won't repeat this again. But it does and this has been going on for almost 6mths.
So tomo I'm going to try and stay home, I wasted so much time on this drug and I hope I'm strong enough to not cave in to the cravings. I have 2mgs of subs which I cut into small bits to take the edge of and also I got some ice for the restless legs and valiums which idk if they really help much. I just wonder how many days will it take to get it done and also I have asked ppl what days they reckon are the worst, some say its the first day without and some say the second is the worst.
I last used today at 11.54am and only had 0.05 which I shared, I didn't want to share a full 0.10g and I guess I'm waiting for the wd to begin.
I don't know if it's a big habit but regardless I'm expecting to be a tough. Hopefully I will be feeding better after the weekend.
And I just want to width anyone going through getting clean all the best. I'm happy to talk to anyone who feels like they need some to vent to. Also happy to receive any advice for myself

As long as your hanging around other Heroin users, or opiates in general.. it will be incredibly hard to stop.

If you want to be serious, and this goes for anyone else in a similar situation, you need to cut ties with the people who use and be prepared to burn bridges with your dealer.

I was addicted to heroin using .1 every day for a year. One day I had enough of the bullshit my dealer would give me, so I called him out on it and that bridge got burnt. That afternoon I went and bought a fishing rod and havnt touched any H since then (10 months) and now im hooked on fishing.. literally. I go fishing almost every day now.

Ultimately what I'm saying, is you need a hobby. Start doing activities that you used to do when you where younger. I just picked up a push bike the other week, first time I've ridden in about 15 years.. its such good fun.

In terms of withdrawal, I felt minimum effects. I was on 10 mg valium at the time which may have helped. But everyone is different. FYI I was snorting it.

If your serious to make the change, it starts with kicking your dope friends IMO.

Not saying it works for everyone but Buvidal has worked wonders for me, it’s a weekly injection initially then you move onto a monthly one.

Not sure where you are in Australia but the medication itself is free, you just need to pay for the doctors appointment when you get it, eventually you won’t even need to see the doctor, just the nurse at the practice to get it which is even cheaper.

It’s just slow release depot bupe, saves you from going to the chemist every day or every other day, disrupting your life non stop and being around other users, and works out way cheaper. If you’re in Melbourne, PM me and I’m happy to recommend my GP who provides the service, he’s fantastic.

I’ve been on methadone and suboxone before and gone nowhere but this has really enabled me to get normality back in my life in a massive way.

The other beauty of it is that it’s straight buprenorphine, no naloxone, but it’s constantly releasing in your system so using heroin will literally make you feel nothing, trust me, I tried early on lol.

As I said, it might not be for everyone but if you want to chat about it let me know.

As long as your hanging around other Heroin users, or opiates in general.. it will be incredibly hard to stop.

If you want to be serious, and this goes for anyone else in a similar situation, you need to cut ties with the people who use and be prepared to burn bridges with your dealer.

I was addicted to heroin using .1 every day for a year. One day I had enough of the bullshit my dealer would give me, so I called him out on it and that bridge got burnt. That afternoon I went and bought a fishing rod and havnt touched any H since then (10 months) and now im hooked on fishing.. literally. I go fishing almost every day now.

Ultimately what I'm saying, is you need a hobby. Start doing activities that you used to do when you where younger. I just picked up a push bike the other week, first time I've ridden in about 15 years.. its such good fun.

In terms of withdrawal, I felt minimum effects. I was on 10 mg valium at the time which may have helped. But everyone is different. FYI I was snorting it.

If your serious to make the change, it starts with kicking your dope friends IMO.
How long did U feel crap for or was it wd wasn't bad at all?

Not saying it works for everyone but Buvidal has worked wonders for me, it’s a weekly injection initially then you move onto a monthly one.

Not sure where you are in Australia but the medication itself is free, you just need to pay for the doctors appointment when you get it, eventually you won’t even need to see the doctor, just the nurse at the practice to get it which is even cheaper.

It’s just slow release depot bupe, saves you from going to the chemist every day or every other day, disrupting your life non stop and being around other users, and works out way cheaper. If you’re in Melbourne, PM me and I’m happy to recommend my GP who provides the service, he’s fantastic.

I’ve been on methadone and suboxone before and gone nowhere but this has really enabled me to get normality back in my life in a massive way.

The other beauty of it is that it’s straight buprenorphine, no naloxone, but it’s constantly releasing in your system so using heroin will literally make you feel nothing, trust me, I tried early on lol.

As I said, it might not be for everyone but if you want to chat about it let me know.
So does that mean each month U will need to get the injection otherwise U will go through wds? Or is it like you can be on it for a couple months and then just stop cos ur not addicted to it? How many MG's are you on?

You can do it trust me! The hardest thing for me was not associating with other user, I was on 12mg-16mg daily bupe strips and still using decided enough was enough and got a monthly buvidal shot and moved state.. haven't used again and just had the one buvidal injection. It slowly realsed from my system over the last year... coming up to my 2nd year clean! It's hard but give it your best and don't let relapses make you think you can't do it

You can do it trust me! The hardest thing for me was not associating with other user, I was on 12mg-16mg daily bupe strips and still using decided enough was enough and got a monthly buvidal shot and moved state.. haven't used again and just had the one buvidal injection. It slowly realsed from my system over the last year... coming up to my 2nd year clean! It's hard but give it your best and don't let relapses make you think you can't do it
Wen U say ur in ur 2nd year of being clean, do you mean ur not having the shot either? I Wana understand whether if you will go through wds if you don't have that monthly shot. Is it like the subs and methadone program where U start off on a certain dose and gradually drop ur dose til U basically get down to 0.
Well I tried not to go this weekend but I caved in, on Fri I used 0.10 of what ppl call pure in Melbourne which I shared with someone and had the same amount on Saturday which was also shared with someone. I understand what U all mean by cutting ties with other users but the other person I use with is my brother and like myself he wants to stop also, in fact I would say he is much more stronger in will wen it comes to using. While I'm the weaker one, each time I use I would start a stopwatch and record the time I use, basically keeping a usage record. Today I basically was fighting the urge to go and had gotten passed 26hrs since I had my last shot which was 2.49pm Saturday but the discomfort got to me and I went to get 0.05g and had it at 5.35pm Sunday that was shared with my brother. I do regret going having gotten passed 26hrs but then apart of me justifies it by the fact that only had 0.05g that I shared so in my warped thinking I had 0.025g. That somehow it was acceptable since I reduced the amount and is like tapering down. So Tomo I'm thinking I go without since I had a small amount. I know it sounds as if I'm making up reasons to justify my usage today and it would of been better had I not gone but I just couldn't handle it. Hopefully what I said makes some sense regarding seeing it as a taper by using, I would like to hear anyone's opinion in wat I did, whether it may be.
I just justified it as a quick taper, from the amount I was using to what I ended up having.

I’m not saying it’s nothing but a half a point is a great place to stop. Your wds will be minor, just get a hobby. On another note where tf are you gettin h these days? Lucky

Wen U say ur in ur 2nd year of being clean, do you mean ur not having the shot either? I Wana understand whether if you will go through wds if you don't have that monthly shot. Is it like the subs and methadone program where U start off on a certain dose and gradually drop ur dose til U basically get down to 0.
Well I tried not to go this weekend but I caved in, on Fri I used 0.10 of what ppl call pure in Melbourne which I shared with someone and had the same amount on Saturday which was also shared with someone. I understand what U all mean by cutting ties with other users but the other person I use with is my brother and like myself he wants to stop also, in fact I would say he is much more stronger in will wen it comes to using. While I'm the weaker one, each time I use I would start a stopwatch and record the time I use, basically keeping a usage record. Today I basically was fighting the urge to go and had gotten passed 26hrs since I had my last shot which was 2.49pm Saturday but the discomfort got to me and I went to get 0.05g and had it at 5.35pm Sunday that was shared with my brother. I do regret going having gotten passed 26hrs but then apart of me justifies it by the fact that only had 0.05g that I shared so in my warped thinking I had 0.025g. That somehow it was acceptable since I reduced the amount and is like tapering down. So Tomo I'm thinking I go without since I had a small amount. I know it sounds as if I'm making up reasons to justify my usage today and it would of been better had I not gone but I just couldn't handle it. Hopefully what I said makes some sense regarding seeing it as a taper by using, I would like to hear anyone's opinion in wat I did, whether it may be.
I just justified it as a quick taper, from the amount I was using to what I ended up having.
Yeah you sound like a very similar situation to myself. I to was using with my younger brother was on the bupe strips for about a year but also skipping days to go and use with him was a viscous cycle for awhile.. ended up getting the 64mg buvidal monthly shot which I believe is one strength above the weakest.
As I didn't want to keep going to the clinic and just swap H for bupe I went to the country side away from cabramatta and stayed at a friend's place where I knew I was 6 hours drive from scoring. I to was worried about the withdrawal from the buvidal I did not have any major withdrawals compared to detoxing at a inpatient facility.
At about the 2 month mark from the buvidal injection I noticed I was abit more argumentative than usual but smoking weed kept me more mellow.
By the 6month mark I knew most of it was out of my system and I was more clear headed and could see the joy in sober life.
The nurse told me it stores in your fat cells and is slowly secreted so lasts alot longer than 1 month.. 2 years on from the 64mg buvidal shot I have not touched H and am back in contact with my brother who still uses H monthly. Sometimes I have intense craving to use H again since I stopped weed but just have a beer and try to occupy my mind for abit till the thought goes away.
Short version I did not have any major withdrawals after having only 1 64mg buvidal shot after being on suboxone maintenance at 8mg-16mg max dose over 6 months and using on average 1-2 1/4 balls a week and at my worst about a month before I had the shot was a 1/4ball everyday.. feeling much better now just put on abit of weight which I'm going to start to try loose.

I’m not saying it’s nothing but a half a point is a great place to stop. Your wds will be minor, just get a hobby. On another note where tf are you gettin h these days? Lucky
What do U mean where I'm getting H? I guess since I'm in Aus fentanyl isn't a issue here. Even with having 0.05g of h which was shared had made me feel better, I was able to eat. That's why I think despite giving in and going to score I was able to be strong enough to say 0.05g is enough for 2 ppl. I didn't wanna have the whole 0.05g to myself.

What do U mean where I'm getting H? I guess since I'm in Aus fentanyl isn't an issue here. Even with having 0.05g of h which was shared had made me feel better, I was able to eat. That's why I think despite giving in and going to score I was able to be strong enough to say 0.05g is enough for 2 ppl. I didn't wanna have the whole 0.05g to myself.
Banging .05 of good h , yeah you can definitely share that between 2 I mean for maybe a week of daily use, after that you gonna probably be stepping it up

My first time was half a point injected and I threw up had the spins and sweats and was high for about 6 hours. By like 3 or 4 times later that would only have me good for like 2 hours. Was getting different dope off all different dealers then too though so not a fair comparison

Australia still has lots or high quality #4 H avaliable expensive but super high quality
I'm from Melbourne, so do U reckon i fkd up by scoring tonight? Like I said I keep a record and have a stop watch each time I use. Parts of me think I did make it a bit easier by tapering down but also a part of me thinks I should of been strong enough since I got pass 26hrs since my last shot.

Banging .05 of good h , yeah you can definitely share that between 2 I mean for maybe a week of daily use, after that you gonna probably be stepping it up
That's not my plan, since having a 0.10g shared with my brother then having only 0.05g shared today I'm hoping it will not be as bad having nothing the next day

I'm from Melbourne, so do U reckon i fkd up by scoring tonight? Like I said I keep a record and have a stop watch each time I use. Parts of me think I did make it a bit easier by tapering down but also a part of me thinks I should of been strong enough since I got pass 26hrs since my last shot.
I reckon take the buvidal monthly shot and it gives you a good buffer period where you will not get high for the whole month even if you use. During that time you can get into a better routine where you can sort out what triggers you to use after that 1st month the withdrawals are next to nothing so it helps make transitioning alot easier :)

I reckon take the buvidal monthly shot and it gives you a good buffer period where you will not get high for the whole month even if you use. During that time you can get into a better routine where you can sort out what triggers you to use after that 1st month the withdrawals are next to nothing so it helps make transitioning alot easier :)
I reckon I just need to get pass the first couple days without using, I done it before where once I'm clean I don't wanna use n I know what triggers my usage.... It's boredom and I guess being alone. I understand that having a monthly shot would be beneficial but I have never been a fan of a maintenance program. I just hope that I can get the next day over with cos I don't think I can go any lower. I just need to be strong enough to do it

I reckon I just need to get pass the first couple days without using, I done it before where once I'm clean I don't wanna use n I know what triggers my usage.... It's boredom and I guess being alone. I understand that having a monthly shot would be beneficial but I have never been a fan of a maintenance program. I just hope that I can get the next day over with cos I don't think I can go any lower. I just need to be strong enough to do it
If you can do it great but what in recommending is not being on a maintenance program just have the 1 shot of buvidal and that's it cold turkey from there on it just helps get through that first month of craving worked for me and I had no real withdrawal effects from the buvidal

If you can do it great but what in recommending is not being on a maintenance program just have the 1 shot of buvidal and that's it cold turkey from there on it just helps get through that first month of craving worked for me and I had no real withdrawal effects from the buvidal
Well I guess if things don't work out like I hope then I will try what U suggest. Life is so much better when ur clean, I miss that feeling of not needing anything to be normal.

Well I guess if things don't work out like I hope then I will try what U suggest. Life is so much better when ur clean, I miss that feeling of not needing anything to be normal.
You can do it trust me the first steps to being sober from H are the hardest but I believe in you