• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

anna wood?

Another fabulous post superbabydoc although I must say that beer statement has got me a bit worried. I drink lite beers usually, so if I'm rolling at home its not uncommon for me to have quite a few on a special night. I always figured the alcohol content (although low) would be sufficient to overcome the antidiuretic affects of MDMA, but I do notice what sometimes seems a small "tug of war is going on".

With meth I find it's a different story. Alcohol can play some weird games with the vasoconstrictive properties of meth. You want to go, but just can't. 10 minutes later all is well, but it often feels like you don't quite empty the bladder. Once, the inability to go was so long lasting I started thinking about a friend who once had polyneuritis and didn't pee for nearly 3 days, upon which time he volunteered for hospital and received a relieving catheter (or the urethra equivalent). It was later established [?] that the illness came from a virus in some Thai dope he was smoking at a rate of knots.

Anyway, while on MDMA I don't find beer has too much effect on urination if it is full strength. Maybe its because I drink less, or maybe it's because the alcohol content is sufficiently diuretic in nature that the MDMA doesn't get a look in?

• An example of decreased solute delivery to the collecting duct is beer potomania.
  • Without beer, a normal individual on a normal diet produces roughly 1000 mOsm of solute for urinary excretion.
  • Because maximally dilute urine is 50 mOsm/kg, each 50 mOsm of solute can capture no more than 1 L of free water.
  • Thus, on a normal diet, an individual can consume up to 20 L of fluid without becoming hyponatremic.
  • However, beer has a low concentration of salts and other solutes, except it has a relatively high carbohydrate content that prevents metabolic generation of solutes by preventing protein catabolism.
  • Indeed, it has been estimated that total urinary osmolal clearance is no more than 200 mOsm.
  • Thus, beer drinkers who get most of their calories from beer cannot drink more than 4 L of free water (most of which will be consumed as beer) without becoming hyponatremic.
  • Hyponatremia due to reduced solute intake is not restricted to individuals with beer potomania but may occur during starvation, when intake may be dramatically reduced without parallel reductions in water intake.

8( ...err..think I might go back to 2 small glasses of wine a day....

Strange as it may seem if it wasn't for the big furore after her death I wouldn't have taken E so soon. For reasons unknown all the media attention about this deadly drug only made my curious 16 year old mind seek out its were abouts.

ok phase_dancer as you requested,

It was a friday night, I had purchased both a green (strong) and a yellow (weak strength) split pill. Far too much for my night ahead, but as I was dicked around the other two times I tried I wanted to plan ahead. I was feeling pretty confident about the night ahead especially since my religious awakening only two weeks ago. Things were going great in my life at the time, I had only just bought a house, I got promoted six months prior and my girlfriend was the most understanding woman I had ever met. But after this particular night I doubt that I have really been the same. Ideally I should have stopped after this night, but after making some important friends in my time of need I felt I had to come back and thank them.

I went into a dark place and picked out the yellow pill and swallowed it whole and munched of a little peice of the green one. I then went downstairs and went dancing with my bottle of water. What followed about twenty minutes later was some massive head thumps like a powerful migrane. Three in total about a minute apart. At this point starting to panic and I went upstairs. I visited the toilet and I checked to see how much MDxx I had consumed, I now knew that I had done something really bad. It seems that I got the pills mixed up because the UV light made the yellow look green and the green look yellow. I had eaten one strong pill and part of a weak one after only my third try of ecstasy.

I filled my bottle with water and started to drink despite previously knowing it was the wrong thing to do. I drank about 2 litres of water in very short period of time and it felt great, yet I never felt a drop. My body was rushing incredibly hard and I was close to freaking out. But I found the guy who I bought it from, he was sitting down and enjoying a great roll. This was the first time I had ever met him and since he was the only person I knew who was around me, I decided that this was the only person I could turn to.

I sat down beside him and said to him "I am in a bad way man". He did all the right things and I calmly talked to me, no doubt noticing the ridiculous amount of sweat I was releasing. I told him about my mistake and he informed that I had to relax because he himself had eaten two green splits so far that night and I just had to relax because I had drunk WAY TOO much water. I munched on some chewing gum that he gave me and fuck if it wasn't the best damn thing I had ever tasted. This really helped, along with the music. They were playing deep progressive tech/house on this floor and it felt just awesome. Some of those tracks that were played that night are now my own personal anthems, to this day they still sooth my soul and remind me no matter how bad things are I can still pull through. I occassionally got up and had the odd dance but I was continuously careful not to over exert myself.

When it came time to leave I was feeling rather ordinary and I walked to the train station. I was so screwed up I fell asleep on the train and I missed my station where I needed to pick up my connecting train. I slept all the way to the terminus and I had to catch another train back to the connecting station, I only just stayed awake enough to just get off at the right point. I caught the next train, I stayed on the train until it was just about to leave the terminus and head back into the city. Thankfully this was my real stop off and I got out with seconds to spare. Bare in mind all this mucking about took about two hours longer than it should have, but this was only the beginning of my travels.

Paranoia. Everybody was looking at me and I mean everybody. They knew my thoughts and I did nothing to hide it. Walking across the road to my car was a chellenge. The road was full of potholes that were filled with water and there were cars going back and forth at what felt a great rate. I was trying to walk across this road whilst trying to avoid stepping in the potholes, avoid the traffic and all the while whilst my stride was reduced to an Ozzy Osborne pace. I honestly don't know how I didn't get run over.

I get to my car and I have a snooze, a long one. When I wake up I decide that I have to take life into my own hands and drive home. I carefully drove home and I pulled over to the side of the road whenever I could to have a nap. This took seven hours, count them seven and that is not including the two I spent on the train. The days that followed, well I wept and I wept and I wept. I even went and had a blood test done because I thought I was in such a bad way. I squirmed like a little girl in the pathology room despite the nurse only using the tiniest of needles.

Wednesday came and the tests came up all clear and I felt great after that. The rest of the week I felt brilliant in fact, I had recovered from the worst few days of my life. The friday next I went and thanked everybody and I got into the exact things I shouldn't have again. I often wonder I would have been better off if the blood test showed up something minor, that way I would have the some of the health problems (although minor) I have now (which I blame on my pill/speed consumption).

Treat this stuff with respect kiddies. I now tell my friends that if they want to try MDxx out, don't do it any more that twice a year and never, never, never drink too much water. Because for me it was just that addictive.

Raving Loony; thanks for that detailed account. From your description of events I would suggest that you probably didn't have hyponatremia, but that 2L of water all at once probably made you sweat so much and initially also probably raised your body temp enough that your level of panic/anxiety rose substantially. All that with strong pills can be pretty scary.

What does concern me is the head thumps you experienced. Any unusual feelings, sudden cracks or thumps in the head should always be checked out ASAP.

This event occurred in April this year and although not directly related to drug use, it is something everyone should be aware of, particularly since MDMA raises blood pressure which can make a very dangerous situation out of any underlying or pre-existing condition involving vascular integrity.

A good friend in his mid thirties (not a regular drug user) experienced a cracking feeling in his head while having sex. It was at the moment of orgasm. He told his partner who was alarmed at how he seemed to convulse at that moment. She is also an experienced emergency nurse, so although he just wanted to shrug the whole thing off and go to sleep (like most males?), after a lot of insisting she convinced him to go to hospital. No time was wasted, with the CAT/MRI showing two cerebral hemorrhages. He was operated on within hours and is alive and well after a complete lobotomy, although he still has a small embolism which is inoperable at present.

The point is, if he hadn't gone to hospital that night he would have been dead by morning. So any unusual clicking or other sensations in the head shouldn't be ignored, particularly if you're on MDMA or other stimulants. At the very least tell a friend if something like this happens.

Cheers again for the detailed account.

I was two and a half years ago now, but you never forget an incident like that. I guess the guy I bought the pills off could have taken me to hospital but I guess he was worried about himself as well, I can hardly blame him under the circumstances. I'm not sure if there is anything to gain out of a CAT/MRI scan now.

You're probably right, but for the cost I think it's good peace of mind to have a look every few years. The people I've known well who have had strokes or neuro-vascular disorders have all been told the conditions have existed for most of their lives. So one check up is possibly more than worthwhile.