• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Angry Anger Management Thread

Nothing worse than when someone deliberately pushes your buttons and you're not aloud to be angry which makes you even more angry!... which only hurts you even more in the end. You become angry as a result of that person's anger. Well in my case this is true anyway, at least buried anger that shows as resentment.
I've showed this thread to my boyfriend earlier to see if he would read it...he didn't read it lol. I have been posting quite frequently about our relationship because that's originally why I came here to the site again - for support mainly around angry partner and withdrawal.
I have too much patience but I think it's finally caught up with me and I'm a bit of an angry bird myself right now 🤣

I've showed this thread to my boyfriend earlier to see if he would read it...he didn't read it lol. I have been posting quite frequently about our relationship because that's originally why I came here to the site again - for support mainly around angry partner and withdrawal.
I have too much patience but I think it's finally caught up with me and I'm a bit of an angry bird myself right now 🤣
Your partner has anger management issues?

I would say so lol. Like every morning he will lose it he has no control it seems. His symptoms are screaming psychotically, hitting himself and walls, even me in the past and slamming doors. I need to leave him I know this already. But yeah 0-100 never anything in between.

I would say so lol. Like every morning he will lose it he has no control it seems. His symptoms are screaming psychotically, hitting himself and walls, even me in the past and slamming doors. I need to leave him I know this already. But yeah 0-100 never anything in between.
That's good you know you need to leave him. Do you guys live together?

Yeah. I can't leave as it's my flat. Thanks. I'm angry today. But I think tbf anybody would be. You see just moved and wanted a new start. He just went out the back and kicked the shit out the bins lmao- better than himself or anything though!

Last edited:
Yeah. I can't leave as it's my flat. Thanks. I'm angry today. But I think tbf anybody would be. You see just moved and wanted a new start. He just went out the back and kicked the shit out the bins lmao- better than himself or anything though!
And you shouldn't HAVE to leave, because it's YOUR flat! Why can't he leave/you kick him out? Are you concerned about the repercussions, like, his reaction?

I really need to watch out for this it turns my thoughts psycho but now that I think about it I feel more like a sad lame hungry dog on the streets in Negril today than an angry Rottweiler in a junkyard or something

Can I ask if you think this is helping you?
You know that post was from February 2021 right?

How would you say I should feel tho? Since you clearly have a ton of ideas on that topic.

I am basically just over all the garbage that happened in the past year and a half.

I am not going to say much because I have a feeling that my actually talking about what I went through offends people and causes me issues.

Not really worth it…and tbh I am probably not going to be on here much anymore since I have basically nothing to actually post about on here.

How would you say I should feel tho? Since you clearly have a ton of ideas on that topic.
Can we assume good faith in tds please? dragonix presumably isn't passing any judgement, they just asked a simple question about if feeling that way helps or not. After all, this is the anger management thread.

No one here is offended by you talking about your problems. But you've been biting peoples heads off that talk to you the past couple months. I've been quiet about it, but at this point, the lashing out at others on here isn't fair for them.

It might be in other forums but not in tds, and I'd argue it probably shouldn't fly in the other recovery support forums.

It's hard to offer you much in the way of support when you assume that we are judging you or criticizing you here. TDS is a non-judgemental space where we bring our feelings to the table, in a manner that's respectful to everybody.

I'm sorry if you take this personally or negatively, it's not meant to be that way, and I'm not trying to push you out. But I am supposed to be cultivating an atmosphere that is safe for all of us to communicate and open up with each other, so it's way past time I said something about this.

Last edited:
Can we assume good faith in tds please? dragonix presumably isn't passing any judgement, they just asked a simple question about if feeling that way helps or not. After all, this is the anger management thread.

No one here is offended by you talking about your problems. But you've been biting peoples heads off that talk to you the past couple months. I've been quiet about it, but at this point, the lashing out at others on here isn't fair for them.

It might be in other forums but not in tds, and I'd argue it probably shouldn't fly in the other recovery support forums.

It's hard to offer you much in the way of support when you assume that we are judging you or criticizing you here. TDS is a non-judgemental space where we bring our feelings to the table, in a manner that's respectful to everybody.

I'm sorry if you take this personally or negatively, it's not meant to be that way, and I'm not trying to push you out. But I am supposed to be cultivating an atmosphere that is safe for all of us to communicate and open up with each other, so it's way past time I said something about this.
The fact that I clash with so many people on here is basically why I’ve pretty much stopped posting that much.

I don’t see a reason to post here anymore tbh. There’s not that much actual support offered and too much drama.

The fact that I clash with so many people on here is basically why I’ve pretty much stopped posting that much.

I don’t see a reason to post here anymore tbh. There’s not that much actual support offered and too much drama.
One thing I've learned in life so far is that you only get caught up in drama if you look for it, get involved in it, or start it yourself. If you don't want drama, simply don't engage in it.

There is a tonne of support here from real people with real life experience, if you want it. But you have to be ready to let people in.

From what I've seen of you, you've been through so much, you've been hurt, you've been betrayed, you have very little trust, you want answers and relief from your pain but you have such a huge solid brick wall up as a defence mechanism that you're just constantly pushing everyone away, even the kind ones who genuinely want to help you.

When you're ready you'll let people help you <3

When I go to AA I get the feeling most of the serious members give off this vibe like it is the only remedy and there is no cure for a lifelong spiritual malady dare I say "dis-ease" which is starting to drive me up the walls hopefully not crawling on the ceiling just yet like a poltergeist 👻 is inside my pineal gland or amygdala.

So if a Harvard psychiatrist doesn't agree with your spiritual fellowship he is wrong for it?

One thing I've learned in life so far is that you only get caught up in drama if you look for it, get involved in it, or start it yourself. If you don't want drama, simply don't engage in it.

There is a tonne of support here from real people with real life experience, if you want it. But you have to be ready to let people in.

From what I've seen of you, you've been through so much, you've been hurt, you've been betrayed, you have very little trust, you want answers and relief from your pain but you have such a huge solid brick wall up as a defence mechanism that you're just constantly pushing everyone away, even the kind ones who genuinely want to help you.

When you're ready you'll let people help you <3
I honestly don’t see how people on here can actually help me exactly.

I had a lot of people after this try to control how I reacted and tell me what to do and who to talk to.

Even had someone imply that I should not even talk to my neighbor who I am pretty sure is a member of the same religious group I was raised in.

Basically I had to really learn to enforce my boundaries (which some people seem to call “walls”) and validate myself.

People basically will think what they want.

And if they think they can control you and take advantage of you they will do so if they’re that type of person.

I don’t let people push me around anymore.

I also am not trusting after all of this…why would I be?

I also have had personality changes. That’s actually quite normal after this type of thing.

I do wish I could have moved after this. Unfortunately with COVID and other private matters I was not able to.

At this point, I don’t exactly know what help people on here can give me. I really don’t need to talk to random people on here.

I need to focus on myself, my family, and moving forward. I basically had to fight for myself because I had almost no one who actually had my best interests at heart.

But they had a ton of ideas on what I could do for them and others. With zero benefit to me.

Oh, and of course I am never going to expect to know the truth or get any kind of apology for my family’s life being put at risk over something that didn’t even really involve us. This could have easily turned deadly considering guns were involved.

I really do not see how opening myself up actually helps me in this situation. Especially when I have had people try to step over my very clear boundaries over and over again because they feel entitled to.

I honestly don’t see how people on here can actually help me exactly.

I had a lot of people after this try to control how I reacted and tell me what to do and who to talk to.

Even had someone imply that I should not even talk to my neighbor who I am pretty sure is a member of the same religious group I was raised in.

Basically I had to really learn to enforce my boundaries (which some people seem to call “walls”) and validate myself.

People basically will think what they want.

And if they think they can control you and take advantage of you they will do so if they’re that type of person.

I don’t let people push me around anymore.

I also am not trusting after all of this…why would I be?

I also have had personality changes. That’s actually quite normal after this type of thing.

I do wish I could have moved after this. Unfortunately with COVID and other private matters I was not able to.

At this point, I don’t exactly know what help people on here can give me. I really don’t need to talk to random people on here.

I need to focus on myself, my family, and moving forward. I basically had to fight for myself because I had almost no one who actually had my best interests at heart.

But they had a ton of ideas on what I could do for them and others. With zero benefit to me.

Oh, and of course I am never going to expect to know the truth or get any kind of apology for my family’s life being put at risk over something that didn’t even really involve us. This could have easily turned deadly considering guns were involved.

I really do not see how opening myself up actually helps me in this situation. Especially when I have had people try to step over my very clear boundaries over and over again because they feel entitled to.

then just come here to shoot the shit like you do already

come here for you - to entertain yourself

what do you wanna talk about?

somebody broke your door wasn't that the story? :unsure:

then just come here to shoot the shit like you do already

come here for you - to entertain yourself

what do you wanna talk about?

somebody broke your door wasn't that the story? :unsure:
That’s the thing…I don’t really care to talk about this here anymore.

And I really don’t have much to talk about on here anymore.

I’m moving on. Please respect that and stop annoying me to post on here.

Basically what happened, happened.

I really don’t give a crap anymore.

And I don’t want to set anyone who is on this site set off by me posting on here.

I may not be the nicest person, but I do think my posts offend some people.

It’s not helping me to move forward to continue to post here if I tend to get more issues when I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I seek to lift others up and cease to criticize their biased views as I am totally sure I am a very biased person.