Anavar

Anavar is a poor bulking PED. It's mostly used for cutting. You will still gain on it but slowly and it will be lean mass. If your goal is bulk it won't work.

Being an oral, it's not great for the liver. Small to moderate doses for 8 weeks won't have a significant impact on your health if you're baseline healthy. It lowers your HDL and raises your LDL, which is not heart healthy long term. You can counter this a bit by taking fish oil. Almost all people who take var have elevated liver enzymes by the end of the cycle (ALT, AST) but this goes away as soon as you stop. The liver is pretty resilient that way.

If you're not on TRT, taking Anavar is a waste of time IMO because you are going to shut down your T production and the net effect is you will lose muscle mass.

Adding alcohol and recreational drugs to the mix will only tax the liver and kidneys further.

I don't know why you're bothering, honestly.
My aim was to build some lean muscle mass and to lose body fat. I achieved both.

I'm taking krill oil for my cholesterol. NAC, TUDCA and taurine for liver (and pumps, in the case of taurine).

It's strange, as I posted above, a lot of people said this about testosterone production. Why is it that I have no symptoms of low testosterone, after stopping and I've not lost any muscle mass? I started tongkat ali, after the Anavar and I've been waking up with morning wood, every day. I can't say I'm too worried. I don't need TRT. I'm 39 and have no reason to believe my levels are low, at all.

Will report back with blood test results.

Last edited:
My aim was to build some lean muscle mass and to lose body fat. I achieved both.

I'm taking krill oil for my cholesterol. NAC, TUDCA and taurine for liver (and pumps, in the case of taurine).

It's strange, as I posted above, a lot of people said this about testosterone production. Why is it that I have no symptoms of low testosterone, after stopping and I've not lost any muscle mass? I started tongkat ali, after the Anavar and I've been waking up with morning wood, every day. I can't say I'm too worried. I don't need TRT. I'm 39 and have no reason to believe my levels are low, at all.

Will report back with blood test results.

You've only been on Anavar for 3 weeks at 25-50mg. Suppression begins to occur from 1 month onward, but for some it's sooner. Anavar should be run for 8-11 weeks to truly benefit. It doesn't really start to kick in until week 4-5. That's if you're on TRT though.

Btw TUDCA will not protect your liver from AAS damage. All of the quality peer reviewed studies show this. You still have to cycle off at the recommended maximum time.

In terms of what you've gained, measuring by weight won't tell you that. Anavar increases urination and fluid loss because it's processed by the kidneys. So you will have less water weight within the first few weeks of using it. You have to measure fat to muscle ratio to truly know.

Good luck.

I was on it for six weeks. 25mg for the first three, 50mg for the next three. I could see and feel the difference within the first week or two. I gained weight, but visibly had less body fat. As others have already stated and from what I have learned, you do not have to take testosterone with anavar. The person who told me about it has only ever used that and they look incredible.

If you could provide some of the information you've found about TUDCA, that would be great, because there's not a whole lot of information about it. Quite a lot of anecdotal evidence of people having excellent blood work, after taking it with oral steroids, however. This is why I stopped after six weeks, to determine what it would do to my liver enzymes.

Last edited:
My blood test results are in. My liver results were unreadable, so I have to repeat the test. However, my kidneys are fine, my vitamin D is low (apparently this is a side-effect of Anavar). My cholesterol came back at 7, which I was very surprised about, given what I've read about Anavar destroying lipids. Testosterone was normal. So, absolutely no need for PCT after a six week Anavar cycle! In all, doesn't seem like the combination of Anavar, alcohol and other drugs has done me any harm. I'll be doing another cycle in the new year, but be being much more well behaved. I don't fancy finding out exactly how far I can push things.

honestly I wouldn't touch steroids unless I was a competitive bodybuilder or it had something to do with my income.

fucking with your bodies natural hormone system is fkn dumb

getting a rock hard cock that would point north for a long time naturally whenever I wanted was an amazing thing.
u risk things like this when u start fucking around with your hormones.
lets not get into thinning hair and acne etc

but its your life and your body.

if u have a normal in proportion healthy body be happy with it.

if you are 45 plus then trt yes.

So, I've just finished my second cycle of anavar five days ago. Six weeks, at 50mg. To ANYONE who thinks you need to do test or PCT, you are sadly deluded. I took agmatine throughout my cycle and started on tongkat ali, one day after I finished my cycle. I've had morning wood every single day and my libido, if anything is higher than when I was on anavar. My balls feel huge. My mood and sleep have been great. The anavar I took is 100% legitimate.

This myth that it "shuts you down", at least within a short cycle, needs to die. I see it repeated by gym-bros, who have clearly never tried an anavar only cycle. They've just read some stuff that other gym-bros have spouted, and spread it as fact. I would recommend that people look into agmatine, because it signals your balls to keep producing testosterone.

Did you read my post or just type out a reply?

Anavar alone shuts down testosterone production rather than allowing more free test. Hence why people usually cycle it with jabs or test e or test c.

I've been first using steroids in 2009. I've not used any now since 2018 and i'm 82kg ripped 10% bodyfat, train daily despite multiple breakages due to injury. With all due respect dude you admit to not dieting and using booze or mdma while on cycle. Its not even up for debate which one of us has more information on these subjects. You are just starting out learning. I been using researching and cycling on and off since 2009. Anavar only will shut you down as you've no testosterone base.

If you had ran anavar plus test prop or enth, your gains would be literally twice as much, twice as hard, and harder to loose them. Yeah we've all ran oral only cycles Treacle, there is a reason 90% of us realise they are pointless compared to stacking with injectables. Its that simple.

I feel like you've misunderstood. I don't want to take PCT drugs, so why would I take test, when that requires PCT to stop? I understand the logic, but I'm throwing another three drugs, at least into the mix. I'm not a bodybuilder. I just wanted a boost. I have a blood test in six months, so I'll stay off it until then and see what that says. I don't want a life of blasting and cruising. I want something that will help me build a bit of extra lean muscle and shed some body fat, now and then. This works.

Mate there isnt much i dont understand using test since 2009.

Test isnt a pct drug. It is a steroid. Pct drug would be nolvadalex or clomid to come off.

You could run quite high doses of test enthate and get away with no pct.

You woud make more progeas in 100mg test prop every other dsy for a month. 250mg enth a week for 6-8 weeks . Than skyhigh doses of orals for prolonged periods of times. They are just nowhere near as effective as oils.

Well, I'm back, and I was dead wrong. Anavar can and will shut you down. I've had bloods done one month after stopping Anavar and my test came back at 10. The first time, it was 16 two weeks after my cycle. I've felt like shit for a few weeks, but put it down to other things. I have no business using steroids, this much is clear. I'm not a body builder, I just need to train better and carry on eating right.

On the plus side, my liver test results are like they were in my 20s and my weight is similar, which is good to say I'm 40. That's either NAC, agmatine, a general effort in cutting back on alcohol, a bit of a dabble with NMN or possibly all of those things. As each day arrives, I'm feeling more myself, anyway.

This whole experience has been illuminating for me, and I now know to leave my hormones alone and not be complacent, until the time for TRT arrives, if it does. Cheers for listen to me waffle!

Mate there isnt much i dont understand using test since 2009.

Test isnt a pct drug. It is a steroid. Pct drug would be nolvadalex or clomid to come off.

You could run quite high doses of test enthate and get away with no pct.

You woud make more progeas in 100mg test prop every other dsy for a month. 250mg enth a week for 6-8 weeks . Than skyhigh doses of orals for prolonged periods of times. They are just nowhere near as effective as oils.
I didn't say test was a PCT drug. I meant I didn't want to use PCT drugs to come off the test. :)