• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids An intresting opioid called Viminol

QUARE

Bluelighter
324928Viminol.png

1-[1-(2-Chlorobenzyl)-1H-pyrrol-2-yl]-2-(di-sec-butylamino)ethanol

Viminol

So I was looking for some opioids on wiki that are not to potent and not to weak, something that can be easily handled by anyone and I found that one called Viminol.
It is about 5x more potent than Morphine. The 2-(R) isomer is a full agonist at µ-receptor and the other isomer are mostly antagonist so it would be intresting to work with the 2-(R) isomer.

Does anyone have any experience with this chemical ?

I've never heard of it personally. I can't imagine it's very common. Maybe in some other countries, perhaps.

Anyway, I found this article about it's analgesic activity, specifically in patients after they've received operations. You might be interested to read it. Source

There isn't much info on it that I could find.

Yeah its probably uncommon, that why it could potentialy become a research chemical because its potenty is quite safe, the 2-(R) isomer is probably strong analgesic and cause euphoria since its a full agonist of µ-receptor. Also it structure is not similar to anything scheduled as far as i know.

It’s only used as the racemic...

It is not that great if you do not separate the isomers...

Yeah but its possible to isolate the good isomer, no ?

Yeah but its possible to isolate the good isomer, no ?
Very expensive to do, besides if its five times as potent as morphine this is not in anyway a very safe opioid for someone to have.....

/\5 times the strength of morphine is not a terribly potent drug in terms of being horribly dangerous. In comparison, buprenorphine is 40 times the strength of morphine so that is not really an issue.

OP when you say that this is not structurally similar to any other opiate/opioid, are you saying that because you are referring to the fact that it wouldn't be "illegal" because of that fact? Because the corresponding legal act also states that if it even acts like a narcotic or has the effects of one then it falls under the category of being illegal!

People can't overdose on bupe really so that's not a fair comparison. Anything stronger then morphine is going to be dangerous. The day research chemical opiates hit the market is the same day they will get shut down.

^No it won't. There's already been three released, actually more like five or six if you include the fent ana's.
/\5 times the strength of morphine is not a terribly potent drug in terms of being horribly dangerous. In comparison, buprenorphine is 40 times the strength of morphine so that is not really an issue.
Yeah and it happens to be given in EXACT pill form by a doctor not given out in powder form by some RC company.....

Very expensive to do, besides if its five times as potent as morphine this is not in anyway a very safe opioid for someone to have.....
Being expensive would be an issues but there is no way that being 5x as potent as morphine is more dangerous than any other research chemical on the market and is alot safer than fentanyl analogue and NBOMe series. The fact is that no research chemicals are safe.

Because the corresponding legal act also states that if it even acts like a narcotic or has the effects of one then it falls under the category of being illegal!

I dont see that anywhere on the legal act of my country.

The day research chemical opiates hit the market is the same day they will get shut down.

There are many of them already.

Last edited:
People can't overdose on bupe really so that's not a fair comparison. Anything stronger then morphine is going to be dangerous. The day research chemical opiates hit the market is the same day they will get shut down.

Orally, morphine is given at the same dosage as hydrocodone. Orally, hydromorphone is 4-7 times the strength of morphine. I don't see Viminol being dangerous as long as the dose is weighed correctly and people know their opioid tolerance.

Orally, morphine is given at the same dosage as hydrocodone. Orally, hydromorphone is 4-7 times the strength of morphine. I don't see Viminol being dangerous as long as the dose is weighed correctly and people know their opioid tolerance.
Your simply being naive and you must not understand how scales work(no offense or anything..). To safely measure milligram amounts, especially something like an opioid, you need a sub mg scale basically if you want to be totally safe. Nearly every MG scale(unless you spend $300 or so dollars at which point you can get a used sub mg...)is off by atleast 1-2mgs if not more like 5-8 for the bad ones, with something like this it can be the difference between life and death. Believe me I don't even really care about releasing opioid's onto the market, its up to everyone to be personally responsible for themselves, but at least choose one that isn't highly potent, and their are better choices anyways. No one will pay to separate them. Besides you guys still haven't even factored in BA and the like, if Viminol has a BA of 100% whereas morphine has one near 25% but their equipotent, you'll clearly die assuming it would work similarly to morphine, this is even more potent. Obvious to use titration but still.

Potency is not an excuse to limit something of this nature.

It’s better than seizing out on a RC psychedelic or killing god knows how many brain cells with fluorinated amphetamines...

This is technically not an RC by any means...

We have all the information we really need to use it properly. Why not apply it just like many pharmaceuticals we use in the same manner we are going to use this?

And, this product can be pressed into tablets much like the potent psychedelic tryptamines and benzos...

So, why are we constantly making such redundant excuses for having opiod rc’s on the market?

I personally think it is a good Idea to recycle old washed up great pharmaceuticals on the non-black underground market...

there's 3 chiral centres, isomer seperation ain't gonna happen.

23 = 8 isomers = 12.5% of the 'good shit'

the racemate is probably a lot less fun than you would expect, because it's mixed with an antagonist.

the racemate is probably a lot less fun than you would expect, because it's mixed with an antagonist.

Another great argument that even goes more towards the safety of this compound.

This should have implications in WDs as an RC

WOW. Just wow. You guys really know your drugs. I always wanted to know enough chemistry to create my own opiates, and​ you guys are well on your way to doing just that. Much respect.

Viminol has both antitussive (cough suppressing) and analgesic (pain reducing) effects. Viminol has additional effects similar to other opioids including sedation and euphoria.[citation needed] It has six different stereoisomers which have varying properties. Four are inactive, but the 1S-(R,R)-disecbutyl isomer is a μ-opioid full agonist around 5.5 times more potent than morphine and the 1S-(S,S)-disecbutyl isomer is an antagonist

Now you can find 2-fluoro-Viminol ( the chloro of viminol replaced by a fluoro) as a RC but it is sold as a racemate....

Only the R2 isomer is interesting for fun, The S2 is a full antagonist