View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT Succinate

PsychedelicSicknes

Bluelighter
Hello guys, i recently bought 5g of amt from a well known vendor . Well i open it up and its freaking disgusting looking like instant coffee or dirt lol . i emailed him and he tells me is rare, amt succinate. lol well ive been researching and could only find 2-3 posts at all about the succinate. basically i need to know if its MORE or LESS potent than amt hcl. i heard it was less but i tested 2mg and was pretty affected from such a small amount. so makes me think its MORE potent. i was going to start around 40-50mg but my lab time is precious and dont want to be underwhlemed on the other hand i dont want to be overwhelmed lol. thanks guy feel free to move this to BD AMT if needed. peace !

amt freebase m.w. 174.12
hcl salt 210.62 (FB ratio 0.83)
succinate salt 292.14 (FB ratio 0.60)

succinate salt is about 72% as potent as hcl salt, 60% as potent as freebase by wt

Also I don't think that it being the succinate form would make it automatically okay that it looks like crap. But then again appearance is only an indication of purity. Succinic acid is supposed to be a colorless solid so it seems like a weak excuse to me.

In pure form I'd expect AMT succinate to be white just like every other tryptamine succinate/fumarate salt. The coloration is undoubtedly from tar/oxidation products, and doesn't neccesarily indicate it's one form or another.

Either placebo effect or its' not even AMT and you should REALLY proceed with caution. Remember, AMT was an antidepressant for a while in Russia, and it was 5mg if I remember. 2mg is well below 'psychedelic threshold' and probably would have little stimulant effect...I'm thinking none.

wow thanks for the reply guys ! its a dark brown powder with little boulders reminds me of crushed instant coffee. but ive had amt hcl and it was white but ive heard that alot of succinates are a brownish. this is the first time ive used this vendor although he has great reviews, just odd :/ hmmm i want to test it but damn....mgs you have me thinking now. im not exactly sure it was 2mg, when i got it i touched my finger to the inside of bad and licked it to see if it tasted like a chemical and not dirt. i mean it couldnt have been more than 1-3mg tops. but i was def lightheaded, i read some reports on here where people "felt" 4mg, so lightheaded from 2-3mg, maybe ? lol i dont know. but if its less potent a reg amt dose is 30-50mg i was trying for 40mg but now that its LESS potent 60mg ? but jesus that cant be too much i hope, i remember in 2004 taking 60-90mg of the hcl. but that was a LONG time ago.

while it will be less potent by weight I believe it may be more potent or "hit faster" as the succinate salt. Just a theory, but since the succinate salt better distributes the charge it may be able to penetrate the gut easier as the salt instead of having to go to freebase to penetrate, thus giving you a faster harder onset...just a theory, probably could be backed up by looking in the literature but I'm to lazy to research this theory for myself but you can try in you are interested.

that doesn't make a lot of sense... protonated amines are absorbed poorly in comparison to the fat soluble freebases. (hence why people take baking soda with amphetamine)

regardless, in the stomach there is a lot of hydrochloric acid... so even if you ate the freebase it would turn into amt hcl in your stomach

AMT succinate is less potent by weight than the HCl

(AMT is 174, HCl is 36, succinic acid is 118 so mol wt 210 for the HCl and 292 for the succinate, so the succinate is 210/292'ths the potency of the HCl)

Also, don't trust the guy that it was actually the succinate - and the succinate should be white anyway. Lots of aMT on the market is brown thanks to some synthesis byproduct that manufacturers are too lazy or cheap to remove.

These doses that some people take of aMT are insane... 40-50mg sounds way too high to start, particularly on such a long acting drug. Taking too much aMT can be really unpleasant, and some people have a much worse time with it than others.

I would fully expect you to feel mild effects from 2-3mg of aMT; I certainly did.

Ok but what would you feel at 2mg? It is not a psychedelic or even much of a stimulant at 2mg. Classic literature, Shulgin's book, take it from the trip reports...its not really psychoactive till 10mg and I think 20mg is about the minimum for most to feel anything 'trippy.'

And if it means anything I have smoked AMT...I know that's not eating it but even that route, 10mg not very strong, I had the base and used a proper DMT pipe.

if its 5-meo-amt and you take 40mg you are fucked. take another "allergy" test just to be sure its really not something more potent.

Either placebo effect or its' not even AMT and you should REALLY proceed with caution. Remember, AMT was an antidepressant for a while in Russia, and it was 5mg if I remember. 2mg is well below 'psychedelic threshold' and probably would have little stimulant effect...I'm thinking none.

AMT does do that. I remember taking 5mg of AMT and getting light tactile enhancement, and some texture shifting.

that doesn't make a lot of sense... protonated amines are absorbed poorly in comparison to the fat soluble freebases. (hence why people take baking soda with amphetamine)

regardless, in the stomach there is a lot of hydrochloric acid... so even if you ate the freebase it would turn into amt hcl in your stomach

you're right, probably would equilibrate to the hcl salt quickly via le chatlier's principle so the issue of swalling a succinate salt is moot

AMT does do that. I remember taking 5mg of AMT and getting light tactile enhancement, and some texture shifting.

definetly, even with 7mg and the right setting mild controllable visuals occur at the second part of the plateau.

aMT is definetly active at low doses, at least for me. My fav dose is 30mg. 40mg was a bit too much sideeffects without increased primary effects.

Be careful though, it could be 5MeOaMT, which means it could be 10x stronger than regular aMT. With 2mg's, did you feel the comeup, plateau, and comedown seperately ? Or was it just a drawn out mood lift ?

Enjoy safely !

im familiar with both 5 meo and reg amt. yea that would be disasterous, i dont think its the 5 meo version just bc dudes legit AND why amt is illegal. he would have better luck moving 5 meo amt AS 5 meo amt but thats just my opinion. im sure lots of you have gone through the guy. i just got a pm from someone that had the same AMT as me and he just said dont take too much its increases the neg. effect. but yea. i def. am going to test some just not sure when, im sure someone i knw will take the plunge before me. with my recent al lad, 2cb and lucy purchases amt isnt my the biggest priority but id def take it over all of those if i KNEW what a good dose to start as is, ill just wait for a friend to test some. amt was the first RC i took, back in H.S. over 10 years ago. i remember it making my teeth grinding which lead to massive heachaches, bad nausea and incredible oev/cevs, euphoria and , minimal "mindfuck" , thanks!

although i just took two ying yang dolphin blotters, lsd. they arent THAT great . im tripping but pretty clearheaded kinda boring. 20-30mg amt sounds mighty tempting to add to the mix.

If you're not even sure what you have is aMT, then I wouldn't advise mixing a whole bunch of it with acid.

it sounds like the freebase normal hcl yanno mine was a horrible smell beachy colour i took 80mg snorted 20 to trip balllllllz for a hole 20hours straight

I have this same stuff also... so im guessing.its either succinate.or.freebase.but was told succ. From a 9 rated on sos vendor. I just dont have a clue some say 40mg some say 80mg. If its less potent...the hcl rocked me @ 60mg so i should take 70mg ? Just sounds too high. Im thinking 50mg and snort.10mg.bumps on comeup if not enough although im against snorting amt usually seems inefficient. But i would if i underdosed....also ive NEVER been able to keep amt down.more than a hour an end up throwing up half my dose. So hopefully it does kick.in fast before i puke lol weird most peas make me nauseous.no tryptamines do but this and even tho other make me nauseous i just CANT keep amt hcl down. Been recomemded.ginger ? Seems kinda lame lol hmm maybe some promethazine ? Hopefully the succ. Is diff.for me..