• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine vs. adderall? why so different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn0wburt0n

Bluelighter
so i had been taking adderall about once a week for academic purposes until i found a source for just straight amphetamine powder for a fraction of the price. the source claimed it was of decently high purity (~70% if i recall). so i tried it in various doses and it gave me somewhat of a rush, but i couldnt get that dialed in head space that adderall provides for studying.

if my amp is legito, the amp and adderall should feel a lot more similar, right?

or is my source for the amp questionable?

yes it should... and the reason why any street drug is questionable is because it could be anything cut with anything, with pharmaceuticals at least you know what you're getting...

but yes they should feel the same, its both amphetamine... assuming your powder is amphetamine...

adderall anyway is dl-amphetamine... even if you took just the dextro isomer, it would feel the same but it would have cleaner effects... mental over physical stimulation... which would be just dexedrine, vyvanse, dextrostat, who knows what your powder breaks down to be... not saying its not good... i would rather have a pharmaceutical source though of anything, if i didn't know exactly how many mg of what is in it.. active or inactive...

edit, just incase idk if you do or don't but, know.... adderall is 4 amphetamine salts after taking molecular weight into consideration adderall is one third or one quarter (give or take, and i dont feel like going to check exactness) levoamphetamine, the rest is dextroamphetamine... the good shit in most peoples eyes...

I wonder why or what makes your powder source not the same for studying... besides what i said above and the fact that adderall in a lot of situations is used specifically for school work...

yeah that powder amp could be anything mixed with anything... probably has amphetamine in it... what kind who knows... that can say many things..

What you have is probably not amphetamine, if it doesn't feel like Adderall at similar doses

so i had been taking adderall about once a week for academic purposes until i found a source for just straight amphetamine powder for a fraction of the price. the source claimed it was of decently high purity (~70% if i recall). so i tried it in various doses and it gave me somewhat of a rush, but i couldnt get that dialed in head space that adderall provides for studying.

if my amp is legito, the amp and adderall should feel a lot more similar, right?

or is my source for the amp questionable?

If you're in the United States, any "amphetamine powder" ain't legit. It's really that simple. I'd recommend to sticking to what you know. I've known people to sell crushed up pharmaceutical amps with a cut to people who don't know any better.

For shits and giggles, I'd acetone wash it and see just how much of that really was amphetamine. Probably best just to throw the rest away, it's not a good idea to be consuming unidentified powders sold as speed. I don't know your source, but using your best judgement, do you really think they knew their product was "high quality" 70%? I wouldn't really consider 70% high quality, regardless, I am always very suspicious of anyone who claims to know exact percentage purities for products that they obviously don't know jack shit about. Food for thought.

i didnt get this on the street, i got it from an online vendor. it's the *dutch amphetamine* if you know what i mean

oh well, will try a different source next time

^Gotcha, it didn't make sense to me that you got it in America. I'm of the opinion that most vendors don't know the purity of what they're selling, despite advertising stuff as 98.5% or 99.5% or even 99.8% pure. I just sincerely doubt it for an unregulated industry with little incentive to sell good product as they can get away with a lot operating in the grey area of the law.

Your source could very well be questionable.
Adderall, Ritilin, Vyvanse, etc, are all prescribed because although they are all amphetamines, they are all different kinds that can have slightly different effects, especially when used in combination with one another. like benzohead said, adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts while i believe vyvanse is just one. to me, two totally different highs. or for instance when i take ritilin, i have a pretty strong feelgood speedy, as opposed to a intense mental focus speedy.

IIRC, Adderall uses two different salts of dextroamp and two different salts of levoamp because they are digested at different rates. Oh, and likely for patent reasons ("evergreening").

AFOAF:when i took 30mg retalin as my doctor asked in the morning, I offen feel heart attack, and I need to take some xanxa to let me down. but the other one wont have the effect.

Your source could very well be questionable.
Adderall, Ritilin, Vyvanse, etc, are all prescribed because although they are all amphetamines, they are all different kinds that can have slightly different effects, especially when used in combination with one another. like benzohead said, adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts while i believe vyvanse is just one. to me, two totally different highs. or for instance when i take ritilin, i have a pretty strong feelgood speedy, as opposed to a intense mental focus speedy.

The main difference between Adderall and Vyvanse is that Adderall contains about 75%Dextroamphetamine and 25% LevoAmphetamine, whereas Vyvanse is a prodrug for Dextroamphetamine which also works like an XR med (its basically Dextrostat with 1/2 the potency).

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) is not an amphetamine. It's a dopamine Reuptake inhibitor much like cocaine or MDPV.

adderall is mixed amphetamine salts, including dextroamphetamine, amphetamine sulfate, and dextroamphetamine saccharide not just one, also i've never heard of someone selling amphetamine powder, if anything someone sold you some crushed up adderall, or methamphetamines(it would burn alot) and i wouldn't give them your money again, idk where you are, but on the east coast(MD, WV, carolinas) i've never even heard of that

I know what he's talking about as most vendors claim their amphetamine powder or paste is 70% pure, don't ask me why 70% and not 90% but that's how they(almost every other vendor)advertise their product, although in the feedback from people in obviously European countries most will say something like decent product good for the price but no where's near 70 percent, some will talk about doing 400-500mgs of this "amphetamine powder/paste" If you read much about amp powder or paste sold on the street you find most is very little actual amphetamine some as low as 10-20% with glucose being very common as it's relatively harmless but who knows what some jackass that had in his house would cut it like tricomb was saying there are ways to purify it with a acetone wash and you can go even further but most will find with a wash how much is just cut although compared to what Adderall goes for even on the low end of the price range it's much much cheaper. I don't believe a lot of these European countries have Adderall or Rx amphetamine or if they do, they aren't Rxed to millions of people who sell all of them for some extra cash so if they want a cheap stimulant wheater to clean their house study for school or go out to a club and drink more then they normally could as it seems a large amount of the amphetamine users that are buying the powder/paste will either take it everyday or every other day or do a gram and go partying mainly just for the euphoria and the fact they will be more alert, be able to dance/party longer and drink more as here in the USA not a lot of people abuse Adderrall just for its euphoric potential but more so to study/clean work out (very dangerous) and if someone wanted just the euphoria they would just buy Crystal Meth which surprised they can't get Meth just as easy considering the illicit amphetamine powder is made and it's harder to make amphetamine then Methamphetamine and they wouldn't have to cut it as much and they'd make more money but I don't know. I'd get a reagent test to see if it was amphetamine at all as some had been known to be ephedrine or other pre-cursors which may give you energy but nothing else that's beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.