• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Sulphate

nikkkk2001

Greenlighter
Hi,

Tried the amphetamine sulphate (paste) aprox 2 weeks ago and it did miracle. I got back to school and notice that my focus, energy and motor skills got 5x better, while high on it.

One thing I'm failing at is redosing. I'm on my third day now of choosing to stop, but failed each day.

Don't get me wrong, I don't binge in the middle of the night and rail like crazy, I only use it in the morning and at noon, that's when I get most of my stuff done.

Now how should I approach quitting it? I tell myself that I'm good today, but sooner or later I do my first dose, followed by 2-3 more

Stimulant addiction ( like any other addiction ) is the compulsion to keep re-dosing.......even when you think you don't want to. Because you like the way it makes you feel you want to keep doing it to keep the good feeling going. Sooner or later you find yourself unable to stop and then the addiction just gets worse and worse.

You can try and cut back now to ONLY when you want to be productive in school............or you can take it whenever you feel like it and regret it down the road.

We only have so many choices when it comes to taking drugs. We either do as we please and pay later or we try and get a handle on it and pay now. Paying now means discipline and hard work............paying later means much more. When we pay later it is usually much worse.

Try and figure out what your end goals are and keep them in clear view. If you aren't careful a stimulant fun time and productive time turns into a nightmare that you can't wake up from. There are over 200 threads here on BL where people are locked in this nightmare and can't wake up.

Hi,

Tried the amphetamine sulphate (paste) aprox 2 weeks ago and it did miracle. I got back to school and notice that my focus, energy and motor skills got 5x better, while high on it.

One thing I'm failing at is redosing. I'm on my third day now of choosing to stop, but failed each day.

Don't get me wrong, I don't binge in the middle of the night and rail like crazy, I only use it in the morning and at noon, that's when I get most of my stuff done.

Now how should I approach quitting it? I tell myself that I'm good today, but sooner or later I do my first dose, followed by 2-3 more

If you are not using a scale already, you need to get one.
You'll need it to measure how much you are taking so that you can scale down and track your use.

Please be aware that using it too often will eventually make it ineffective as a study and productivity aid and you will need to use it to just function normally.
On the other hand quitting Amphetamine sulphate is not that hard on a practical level especially if you do so early on, meaning you will feel fine in just a few days from stopping.
The hard part is actually stopping.

Okay, thanks for your answers. I'll go cold turkey tomorrow and report how it goes
Keep in mind that you may not actually need to stop forever. Many young people experiment with stimulants in college and only use them for getting their work done and socializing.

Take note of what kind of personality you have. IF you know that you will always want to compulsively re-dose.....then yes. You are a future addict and stopping now for good is your best bet. I could never keep my drug use to recreational ( not stims ) so I already knew what course my life was going to take. I was a do as I please........damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. And paid dearly for it.

However, take a month off and then see what happens. Have a small dose ( and yes, get a scale ) and see if you can enjoy that dose and NOT want more right away. If you can keep your use to once in awhile then maybe you can enjoy the effects of stimulants. BUT.........be honest with yourself. Only you can prevent forest fires. ( I had to say that )......Only you know your personality and what you will, and will not, do. So listen to that inner voice and obey it.

And by the way............WELCOME TO BLUELIGHT !!! :Mario party:

Keep in mind that you may not actually need to stop forever. Many young people experiment with stimulants in college and only use them for getting their work done and socializing.

Take note of what kind of personality you have. IF you know that you will always want to compulsively re-dose.....then yes. You are a future addict and stopping now for good is your best bet. I could never keep my drug use to recreational ( not stims ) so I already knew what course my life was going to take. I was a do as I please........damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. And paid dearly for it.

However, take a month off and then see what happens. Have a small dose ( and yes, get a scale ) and see if you can enjoy that dose and NOT want more right away. If you can keep your use to once in awhile then maybe you can enjoy the effects of stimulants. BUT.........be honest with yourself. Only you can prevent forest fires. ( I had to say that )......Only you know your personality and what you will, and will not, do. So listen to that inner voice and obey it.

And by the way............WELCOME TO BLUELIGHT !!! :Mario party:
If I'm completely honest, I think I'll not be able to persist at occasional use. It would be great for special ocassions, but seem too hard. I'll take a 2 week pause and see what happens after

If I'm completely honest, I think I'll not be able to persist at occasional use. It would be great for special ocassions, but seem too hard. I'll take a 2 week pause and see what happens after
Well..........completely honest is the way to go and admitting that is great. Not to worry..........there are many, many people that cannot control their use. It's just the nature of the beast. Have a good life and reach your goals.........you don't need speed to do that.