• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Amphetamine Sulphate seems to lose potency when dried.

I've been saying this for fuckin years mate - ever since that godawful paste became a thing sometime in the early 90s.

My preferred ROA was intranasally and when that wet shit became the norm, it pissed me right off having to take it orally. Other people said "just dry it out and you can snort it".

Tried that, it was shit.

It seemed as though any potency was held in the vile smelling yellow liquid that the inert filler material was swimming in.

This led me to the conclusion that lazy chemists were soaking glucose or baby formula or caffeine powder in freebase oil and marketing it as 'base'.

I've been shot down with this hypothesis many times, but I still have my suspicions.

Having said that, not all paste is shit. I've had some very good stuff, but it still gets worse when it's dry.

I miss the days of chopping up a line of dry Sulphate instead of struggling with a lump of foul smelling snot.
Thought you were referring to my comment about everyone having access to conc. perchloric acid (I I got all Woolfie Smith, "Power to the people"!)

If drying paste (drying out solvents/alcohol) looses more potency than adjusted for weight, damn, just don’t use it and look for a new connection.

I remember getting a train from Paddington down to Somerset with a new fangled type of speed, 'paste' in the 80's did what i would call a tiny amount - didn't sleep for 2 days and that's about as long as the burn lasted.

Someone could make a fortune if they made real (as in the same amounts of the same drugs) Drinamyl tablets. I would be happier with 2 'Purple Hearts' than a bag of god knows what.

I only ever took 1 brand of MDMA and that was £20 a pill but they were really professionally made and had 125mg of MDMA in them. Well, Lifeline tested them and found the range was 123-126mg which is almost up to UK legal requirements for medicines. The key is that every time you got the same thing.

Whatever it is - if the contests are pure and accurately stated, it has to be safer.

My first pill was something like that and later I encountered something similar just a few times. Pills with 200mg+ were always disappointing and once in NL I took some pill that was 100% something else, jittery as fuck, nausea and cold, had to take shower with my ex and lie down to calm. I can imagine it would be okish if we were on some party, sex after we calmed down was also ok.

What really made me sad, is when I found out that in some woods in my country folks are popping pills that range from 50mg to 200mg+, pure lottery and it seems some like it like that, exact same press is sometimes not even real MDMA and then people start to talk about mehDMA as it’s a real thing.

As a teen I thought amphetamine is just meh drug until I tried uncut stuff many years after I figure out why some people like it a lot. Not a stim guy but pure amph is whole another drug compared to usual low purity and stuff cut with what not, and that’s about standard and I’m in a country where speed ain’t even that bad compared to EU average, I think..

My first pill was something like that and later I encountered something similar just a few times. Pills with 200mg+ were always disappointing and once in NL I took some pill that was 100% something else, jittery as fuck, nausea and cold, had to take shower with my ex and lie down to calm. I can imagine it would be okish if we were on some party, sex after we calmed down was also ok.

What really made me sad, is when I found out that in some woods in my country folks are popping pills that range from 50mg to 200mg+, pure lottery and it seems some like it like that, exact same press is sometimes not even real MDMA and then people start to talk about mehDMA as it’s a real thing.

As a teen I thought amphetamine is just meh drug until I tried uncut stuff many years after I figure out why some people like it a lot. Not a stim guy but pure amph is whole another drug compared to usual low purity and stuff cut with what not, and that’s about standard and I’m in a country where speed ain’t even that bad compared to EU average, I think..

What year did you get the 'bad' or 'fake' pill?

It sounds like 4MTA mixed with amphetamine. a REALLY dangerous mix but 4MTA was legal for a while (in NL) so people bought it, found it was not stimulating and added speed. You were lucky, it killed a lot of people.

I mean it could have been something TOTALLY different but I knew some pretty large scale dealers over there and watched 4MTA arrive. I even convinced one guy to hand in a lot of it (en dat staat als een paal boven water - heel vele Kgs.).

Here's a one: I've made a slurry out of dexamphetamine sulphate tablets, let them dry out, then ate the dry powder and it lost no potency compared to dexamphetamine from a let's direct from blister packs, so I'd say no!

I hope Im not going too far off of topic now, but many say here that the impurities pack a punch, this is true, the same with coke, the average user prefers cut coke to uncut...

Both many cuts and some impurities cause more jittery high, jaw clenching high and that’s what some (ab)users start to consider as “strong stuff”. Tho in reality potency is lowered by both all standard cuts and impurities!!! And high ruined totally if you have a hmm, good taste?

Sorry, just every time I see the title of this thread, I can hear Lonnie Donnegan's voice singing, "does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost overnight?" 😁

I have noticed when dried the active can be unevenly distributed, 100mg of the stuff which dried stuck to the bag had similar effects to 300mg dried main product

I've also noticed amphetamine paste losing potency when dried.

So far my research indicates it definitely does.