• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Doesn't Get Me "High," Even at High Doses

Jimmy_Pop

Bluelighter
Sup,

So I've been a long time stimulant lover, albeit without a wide variety of different experiences. Cocaine is my favorite high, followed distantly by ritalin. I've also used quite a bit of ephedrine.

Anyway, until recently, I hadn't had the chance to try amphetamine. That changed after I met two contacts, one with an endless supply of adderral and dexedrine, and another guy with an extra month's supply of addy. I hadn't been able to get my hands on proper speed, and when I had a steady coke supply, never really felt any need to. But I was in a new city and eager to see what amphetamine did for me.

So I bought a bunch of both adderral and dexedrine. Experimented in various doses, from 10mg to 100mg in one dose.

I'm really shocked to report that, I don't think speed even gives me a high at all. I mean there's an effect, yes; it is an incredible mental performance enhancer and keeps me up forever. But even on really high doses of it, there is nothing even remotely resembling what I'd call a 'high.' There's no 'rush.' There's no body feeling. There's no euphoria. There's literally no 'headspace' to the experience at all. My consciousness is nearly identical to regular, everyday consciousness, except that when I choose to focus on something, I can focus on it indefinitely, to the point of being totally consumed by it. Like I'd find myself masturbating, glancing at the clock only to find, "holy shit 5 hours has passed." That's s weird thing to have happen, but at no point did I ever feel like I was in an altered state *while* it was happening.

Actually, come to think of it, the only time when amphetamines ever felt 'druggy' at all was when I came down. There was definitely some kind of jittery afteraffect not unlike the feeling you get when you come down off coke, only without the massive depression and regret. Kind of just a tweaked out feeling.

Anyway, not really sure why I posted this. I'm just kinda surprised at how shitty speed is, lol. Like, that's it? As far as recreational potential goes, I put it far behind ritalin and not even in the same ballpark as coke. I'd probably compare it favorably to ephedrine, though, because it gives the same benefits for a longer period of time and without the nausea and general feelings of sickness. I suppose I could say to speed's credit that it's fairly "clean," at least until you come down.

Amphetamine is a very sketchy drug, the effects are really dependent on set and setting more then dose. Plus sometimes it will just not make you feel that great no matter what you are doing or what dose you take.

I've had an adderall script for a couple years now and thats my opinion on it from those years of off and on use, from very heavy use to maybe 40-50mg a month.