• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Addiction

Honestly, if you enjoy the amphetamine buzz, there is no guarenteed way to remain addiction-free. Maybe for a while yeah, you may even make it a year or two doing your once a month partying or whatever. But before you know it, youll want it twice a month, then once a week, and eventually you will not be functional without it. I speak from experience. I remember high school fresman year, i wouls look foward so much to my monthly escape- a day of speeding, no social phobia, no inhobitions, creative juices flowing, a day to be one goddamn happy guy. Well the more o anticipated, the more i indulged. As my tolerance crept upward, the frequency of use increased, little by little. By junior year, two weeks without an adderall binge was rare. My tolerance had soared from a 30 mg dosr n te morning up to a 40 mg dosr followed by several dose throughout the day and often into the night
. 120 mgs per binge was my number. I barely graduated because senior year saw my culmination into full fledged addiction. I resembled a bi polar disorder in my blossoming addict personality. A pair of days i was manic, tweaking and working and talkinf and jacking off into the wee hours. For the following several days i was a hibernating, binge -eating, irratable, and depressed zomby. School was often out of the question and my absences accumulated exponentially. This cycle repeated over and over. By the time summer had passed and it was time to move into the college dorm and move on, life seemed like a jumbled mess. I made it two wreks in school, then dropped out and bounced from my dads to my mpms, practically begging for money. Yeah, i was too fucked to even try and land a job. My preexistong social anxiety was exacerbated ptremendously by the amp and functioning normally was digficult, on r off the stuff. During my lost year i felt like a ghost, no home, no friends, no school, job, responsibilities, or sense of self. Suicide always flased in fantasy through my mond vut i dodnt fave the energu or the balls. The only thing that ended this downward spiral of depravity was a newfound love for painkillers. And not the usual 20, 30 mgs of vicodin. Now it ws heroin, dilaudid, oxy, all of which i administered by way of needle. So now, i had traded my stimulant addiction for an even nastier, moreangerous opiate habit. Now i am five days clean from heroin, and binging once more on vyvanse. I made it 75 plrcent through my second shot at fresman fall semester at university only to shoot myself in the foot with relapse on heroin. So hete i am, prayong for a fresh start, and looking vack at the last five years with regret and disappointment.

Did you go from meth use to being sober? and from coke use to being sober? there's a big difference between quitting A but picking up (or continuing to do) B on the one hand and quitting A and not doing anything else on the other hand.

I think that this is really true, and important.
It is easy to quit one drug if you replace it with another.
But being sober all of a sudden can be a challenge.

(My friend says that sobriety is the strongest drug. I think he may be right!)

all depends on the person

for me once a week was manageable when taking high doses of phetamines. then it turned into something darker and i started abusing all sorts of drugs along with more amphetamine everyday. the high from amphetamine was just incredible. i however have ADHD. i would be taking 120-150mg of dexamphetamine a day. i now take 40mg a day and it's fully controlled and has been for the past year.

as for tolerance forget it. no kind of break will bring it down. i took 6 months off the amphetamines - using all sorts of supplements etc. but when i got back on, 40mg (which was my prescribed dose) did exactly the same as before. controlled my adhd. i thought i would need less, but nope. 5-10mg made me sleepy and 20mg was the dose i needed.

you need some seriously strong willpower to control the urge to not do it again the next day, two days after etc while binging. what stopped me was the fucking comedowns mixed with benzo and opiate withdrawal. fucking agony. i couldn't stomach any more of the stuff as it would fuck with my physically.

those first times you take amphetamines... god... your life is turned around. everything is perfect. music is incredible and you are GOD. it lasts a while, a good few months in all honesty. the comedown is minimal and can be dealt with using simplistic stuff to start off with. then it moves onto harder things which really fucking interfere with how the amphetamine works and your body as well.

i'm not saying it will happen to you though of course. just be mindful, careful and don't let your brain trick you into taking it more frequently.

just my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Addiction is entirely based on the willpower of the individual. Some people may only be able to use responsibly once a week and others may be able to handle daily use. I personally can manage to use small doses orally almost every day.

Tolerance is a different situation though. I feel that if I use more than four times a week I will develop significant amounts of tolerance that take a really long time to go away.

I'm on a medicine which reduces the effects of amphetamine (even off 80mg with no tolerance I didn't feel like god)

If you can, try not to use two days in an row, even with adderall the 2nd day feels nothing in comparison to the first, I relate the second day effects to drinking a strong cup of coffee. Even just taking a day off, I am still able to get a buzz and I take amps no more than 3 times a week, pretty much 3 times everyweek ...

This might sound counterproductive but I find getting rid of your stash by giving away some is really helpful because then you have to force yourself to moderate or risk running out. This way, I make enough money back to buy my next script and break even, this idea seems self explanitory, but in actuality people set themselves up for failure.

If you buy a bundle of dope, what's stopping you from getting high multiple times a day? But if you only have a minimal amount, you have to space out the doses or risk getting sick...

take Vyvanse, at doses not exceeding 140mg/day (this is = 60mg Adderall XR). It lasts 14 hours, and you don't have to worry about constantly counting the hours between your last dose, which is key. You know you're habituated if you spend all day thinking of when you last doses and debating on when to re-dose. Vyvanse solves that-- you take it once at 7AM and forget about it for the rest of the day. It's basically Dexedrine, and you can't snort it or inject it, and after 200mg, it stops metabolizing, so it can't be used to get high (unless you're immature, and equal relief from AD/HD to a "high," which it is not).

Amphetamine is habituating, but addiction didn't become a consensus until the 70's, decades after it was widely used. I think calling it addictive only makes addicts feel it's a lost cause to fight, and so they wind up saying, "fuck it, I'm addicted, so I may as well inject the meth."

dosing is tricky, because Vyvanse was studied at doses that only went up to 70mg (equal to 30mg Adderall XR) so that's technically the max dosage recommended, but most insurance companies (like mine) cover above that (mine covers up to 170mg).

I've been prescribed either Ritalin and Adderall for about four years, and i would snort them daily for about 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I never really noticed a change in tolerance, though the "effectiveness" of the prescription has definitely been on the decline since the beginning (meaning, helping me focus, be productive, get stuff done... a few years of abuse has resulted in a lack of productivity while on amphetamines. Now i'm actually less productive if I am on them.)

edit: I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem - ritalin will get me really stoked on starting a project, homework, music, art, social gatherings, etc. but in recent months I have lost interest in these things while on stimulants, particularly ritalin/adderall. is it because i've been abusing (snorting) them for a few years? or is it just me growing up and enjoying sitting calmly more as i enter the age of a twenty-something?

Last edited: