• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Amount of water for heroin IV

anon110

Greenlighter
Hi all,

When injecting Methamphetamine, to get the best rush, you have to use the least amount of water possible. I personally have never IVed Meth (although I may well be trying it soon enough), but I did inject heroin.

Now, (and please don't give non-constructive answers like 'don't do heroin'), is this the same for H? I had always used a nearly full insulin syringe, but if a better rush is possible by using less water, then by all means I should be using less water! With that in mind though, I'm likely to be getting some #3, so it'll have to be broken down with citric.....I understand that this should be done with a ration of about 1:10 (H:Citric), so I don't know....does 35mg H and 3/4mg citric dissolved in 20 units sound right? I mean, if the amount of water used doesn't affect the rush, then I'll just use loads like I always did

Thanks in advance,
Anon110

The amount of water really doesn't have much to do with the potency of a shot unless it's incredibly watered down. But, some people who just use a little extra water don't get "weaker" shots.

So, normally you just use enough to break it down. It all depends on the dope you have.. some breaks down really easy and some doesn't.. Heroin itself is very water soluble and doesn't need much water at all. But the cuts and everything it's mixed with is what makes it harder to break down. There's plenty of shitty dope out there that requires a shit load of water to break down. But good dope doesn't.

Thank you, that was very helpful. You don't happen to know why the method rush depends on the water used do you?

^^

It really doesn't.. I think that may just be in your head, man. Like I said, unless you water it down a crazy amount, it's not going to make a difference really in the strength. Like, using 30 units of water isn't going to make you feel it more than using 50 units.. you know what I mean? If you had a small dose, and used like an entire cc of water, then it would impact the potency.

I just realised that my phone autocorrected Meth into method XD....

Anyway, as I've said, I haven't tried meth yet, but from the reports I've read the suggestion seemed to be that the best rush came from the least water. Idk, maybe I'll test it out.

ben shootin heroin and various other opiate pills for 2+ years. used to use 70ish units on my shots and now i only use 40ish. hoanstly cant tell a difference at all. same goes for people who say you get a better rush if you slam it instead of a slow steady push. i mean using 20 units nd slamming it is ganna give a better rush than using 90 units and taking 90 seconds to finish the shot but thats taking it extreme. just use 30-60 units and take 5-10 seconds to finish the shot for maximum saftey and still the best rush possible.

I use a 29 gauge sharp with 60 units usually, this provides enough to properly dilute the powder. I have however used as little as 45, i just prefer 60 so the solution isn't to dark and and easier to register.

as little as 45? doesn't it make more sense to use the least amount of water possible? My shit breaks siren easy and it's just great shit but condensing the most you can and a small area, doesn't that make sense that would hit you harder and faster? I put it up to 20 units, it's so dark you can barely see the blood in it. But I did find out at least for me the rushes are more intense just doesn't last as long

A lot of people think you get a better rush with less water, but I've only ever heard it about meth, and I don't personally think it makes a difference unless we're talking about multiple cc's....but this is one of those things that certain people are adamant about! So, it doesn't surprise me that you've been told this...

Real crystal breaks down with amazingly small amounts of water, so it doesn't usually take much at all to dissolve even a whole gram(don't use a whole gram)...so, there's a lot of meth users that are obsessed with using as little as possible, but it's not necessary, and too little water, to where you're injecting a viscous solution probably isn't the greatest idea...

A lot of people who use IV meth also believe that the more units you get over the original amount of units of water you started with, the better the meth....For example, if you put 20 units of water on .25 grams of meth, and it ends up being 40 units, it "doubled back", therefore it's "good shit"! If you add 20 units to .25 grams and it drew back in the syringe at 30, it would indicate that it wasn't as good...I honestly have no idea who came up with this or why they think it's true, but you only ever hear these urban legends from meth users!

Use as much water as you need to get it into solution without it being too thick or syrupy...Those drugs are plenty potent on their own without trying to concentrate them as much as possible before IVing them!

Yeah the amount of water influencing the potency is just another one of those dumb junky myths that get spread around and people believe.

Junky myth? I'm telling you first hand how it works for me. That's not a myth

^^

If you think that you feel a shot with 30 units of water stronger than with 50 units of water, it's placebo.

The mind is a powerful thing.. if you believe something to be true, you can trick yourself into actually thinking you feel something that you don't.

Wow, I didn't realise I'd end up starting a small debate about this....

On an unrelated note, but something I didn't feel warranted a new topic. I have purchased the syringes and needles seperately, but I can see just from the images and the info given that the syringe is luer lock and the needles are luer slip (I'm sure that it's not just me who's made this mistake before). How easy is it to get the two to connect? Does it work? Will I need to gring the ring on the edge of the needle base? Aaah, I don't know, they haven't got here yet, and I won't be putting the syringe and needle together until it's time to use them.

this may be a "junkie myth" but from my personal experience, the less water you use to IV dope, the more intense/stronger the hit is. like for half a gram i'd add like 35-40 cc of water to the dope, mix it up & then cook, then suck it up & blah blah. for me personally, however many bags/ points of a gram i put into the spoon, i add 1-2 (10's) of cc's into the mix... for example 4 bags (.4 grams), i'd add 25 cc's of water... 6 bags, 40 cc's. i think the more water you add the less potent the hit is, but like everyone's saying it might just be a mental thing. but i definitely believe it...it's also common sense too. but no matter what you're putting the same amount of drug into your system so it shouldn't make too big of a difference. just my personal preference to add less water to a shot

On an unrelated note, but something I didn't feel warranted a new topic. I have purchased the syringes and needles seperately, but I can see just from the images and the info given that the syringe is luer lock and the needles are luer slip (I'm sure that it's not just me who's made this mistake before). How easy is it to get the two to connect? Does it work? Will I need to gring the ring on the edge of the needle base? Aaah, I don't know, they haven't got here yet, and I won't be putting the syringe and needle together until it's time to use them.

why wouldn't you just buy syringes w/ the needle already attached? you're just creating more work for yourself it seems

why wouldn't you just buy syringes w/ the needle already attached? you're just creating more work for yourself it seems

Cause it's easier to get all the water out from the cotton with just the syringe....I don't know, I guess I thought I was being clever. In any case, I have to make it work now, so any help would be appreciated

this may be a "junkie myth" but from my personal experience, the less water you use to IV dope, the more intense/stronger the hit is. like for half a gram i'd add like 35-40 cc of water to the dope, mix it up & then cook, then suck it up & blah blah. for me personally, however many bags/ points of a gram i put into the spoon, i add 1-2 (10's) of cc's into the mix... for example 4 bags (.4 grams), i'd add 25 cc's of water... 6 bags, 40 cc's. i think the more water you add the less potent the hit is, but like everyone's saying it might just be a mental thing. but i definitely believe it...it's also common sense too. but no matter what you're putting the same amount of drug into your system so it shouldn't make too big of a difference. just my personal preference to add less water to a shot

I have to agree with you. It at least makes a difference in the initial rush but the later effects will be the same, nodding, itching and all that good stuff..... Boy do I miss dope lol

I never noticed a difference. I used to use 40 units now I use 60 and I don't notice a difference. When I had a pic line in my arm I was using these huge syringe type things that 8mgs of saline in them and I would use at least half every time to dissolve 4mgs of hydromorphone and I got a nice rush each time.