• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Aminorex analogs of DOx drugs??

simstim

Bluelighter
I found a source for 2,5-dimethoxy-methylaminorex. This is the methylaminorex analogue of 2,5-DMA. Does anyone think that this could be used like 2,5-DMA to prepare methylaminorex analogs of DOx drugs? Anyone got info about Aminorex analogs of psychedelic amphetamines?? I can tell you 4,4-DMAR PRODUCES a lot of eye dilation and sparkle along with big time euphoria.

Cheers,
-simstim

Well there are many psychedelic amphetamines. I would suggest you Google the term and check them out in the pihkal.

Can you explain a psychedelic amphetamine? Sounds interesting
theyre a pretty old concept and not that novel, essentially they are 4-x-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamines, most notably DOM and DOB and the like, their effects are half-psychedelic half-stimulant

i know it is off topic but could you give us a report on your experience with 4',4-DMAR ? Sound a lot more euporic than 4-MAR

I found a source for 2,5-dimethoxy-methylaminorex. This is the methylaminorex analogue of 2,5-DMA. Does anyone think that this could be used like 2,5-DMA to prepare methylaminorex analogs of DOx drugs? Anyone got info about Aminorex analogs of psychedelic amphetamines?? I can tell you 4,4-DMAR PRODUCES a lot of eye dilation and sparkle along with big time euphoria.

Cheers,
-simstim
Do you mean something like this (this would be DOMinorex, drop the methyl group on the oxazole for 2CDinorex, substitute the methyl at the 4-position of the phenyl for DOBinorex, DOCinorex, etc.)

4-methyl-5-(4-methyl-2%2C5-dimethoxyphenyl)-4%2C5-dihydro-1%2C3-oxazol-2-amine.png

4-methyl-5-(4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-4,5-dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-amine

I'm not sure how promising it would be. Bulky stuff on the opposite end of the molecule, and deviations from the amphetamine structure generally, haven't always fared that well on the psychedelic amphetamine side (whereas you can do a lot with amphetamines and cathinones, the latter of which will seem to something active, if not very nice, with just about any substitution you can do.) The SAR for psychedelic amphetamines, though, is just rather different. For instance, the "psychedelic phentermines" I believe have been attempted but not made it into circulation, not having met with much success, either way, the consensus on them is pessimistic. I believe the same would likely go for "psychedelic aminorexes (aminorices?)"

Apparently 4'-F,4-methylaminorex (4-methyl-(4-fluorophenyl)-...) has been tried though.

Badass looking molecule though. I'd like to be wrong. I loved 4-MAR and loved DOM and DOC (the others were a bit much.)

Last edited:
theyre a pretty old concept and not that novel, essentially they are 4-x-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamines, most notably DOM and DOB and the like, their effects are half-psychedelic half-stimulant

Yeah there is a stimulant aspect but they're world-class psychedelics of the highest caliber.

It would be cool if 2,5-dimethoxy-4X-aminorex analogues could be made and were psychedelic. No telling what they're be like, though. You can't necessarily extrapolate from amphetamines to other stimulant bases and expect any sort of similarities.

I'm moving this to PD where it is better suited.

Yeah there is a stimulant aspect but they're world-class psychedelics of the highest caliber.

It would be cool if 2,5-dimethoxy-4X-aminorex analogues could be made and were psychedelic. No telling what they're be like, though. You can't necessarily extrapolate from amphetamines to other stimulant bases and expect any sort of similarities.

I'm moving this to PD where it is better suited.
My guess is that they would quite inactive (or only stimulating at most).
If you look at Shulgin's notes on BEATRICE, which is N-methyl-DOM, you can see that he's not that impressed.
This is another example of the N-methyl homologues of the psychedelics. None of them seem to produce stuff of elegance. It is clear that the adding of an N-methyl group onto DOM certainly cuts down the activity by a factor of ten-fold, and even then results in something that is not completely good.
As for why? I would assume that the extra groups on/around the nitrogen would hinder it's attraction to the oxygen, preventing an important conformation necessary for 5HT-2A binding. Who knows.

High chance they would be inactive, or at least not psychedelic. Messing with the amine seems to negate psychedelic activity as others pointed out.

Though as a counter example we've got NBOMes, so there's still a small chance. Would be cool, its a nice looking molecule.

Last edited:
2C-B-Aminorex is psychedelically active. Reports are pretty sparse, but it is of similar duration to 2C-B and perhaps a bit more potent. I would be surprised if the 4-MAR sister was not active at all.

5-(4-bromo-2%2C5-dimethoxyphenyl)-4%2C5-dihydro-1%2C3-oxazol-2-amine.png

2C-B-Aminorex is psychedelically active. Reports are pretty sparse, but it is of similar duration to 2C-B and perhaps a bit more potent. I would be surprised if the 4-MAR sister was not active at all.

5-(4-bromo-2%2C5-dimethoxyphenyl)-4%2C5-dihydro-1%2C3-oxazol-2-amine.png
Yeah, but was it any good? I have a feeling it might be more like 2CB-BZP, which was uniformly panned. Don't think that because 4-MAR/aminorex are cool drugs and BZP is a profoundly uncool one that the 2CB (or DOB) analogs will follow that relationship. The SAR for psychedelic amphetamines isn't the same as for plain amphetamines and it is less tolerant of tinkering. Again, though, it'd be cool if I was wrong and there is a lot of guesswork going on here as the relevant SAR isn't that well understood even among people far more educated on these matters than. They are certainly sexy looking structures. The counterexample of the BOMamines is interesting in that they involve another aromatic ring (and only one amine that is stuck right in the middle not exposed on the end) and are much more potent. If that analogy holds then people had better be careful dosing this one!

I sent a request to the source for clarification on pricing and quantities. I'm wondering if synthesizing 2cb-MAR (DOB-MAR?) would be as easy as DOB from 2,5-DMA as described in the pihkal. This starting material is the methylaminorex equivalent of 2,5-DMA. Any reason to suspect that it won't react similarly to become brominated at the 4 position? I might attempt this when they get back to me.

While this sounds like a fun idea wouldn’t it be safe to assume the duration on something of this nature would be up to days in length given the length of duration of the parent compounds? As fun as that sounds it doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for error in the dosage department.

Apparently 3,4-methylenedioxy-MAR and 3,4,5-trimethoxy-methylaminorex (3,4,5-TM-MAR) are known. Anyone know sources for literature?

i know it is off topic but could you give us a report on your experience with 4',4-DMAR ? Sound a lot more euporic than 4-MAR
I've never tried 4-MAR but can attest to the euphoria of 4,4-DMAR. It's been a few years since I did it but basically I consumed a gram in like 8 hours.

See I had consumed about 200mg and was about to leave with my wife for a cookout. She took one look at me and said "what did you take?" Lol

My pupils were massive and I felt better than if I had done a quarter gram shot of methamphetamine. Almost like a roll.

I had the rest of the gram in a snuff bullet and continued to sniff bumps out of the bullet until the gram was gone. My wife refused to go to the party with me and I refused to give up the snuff bullet.

By the end of the night I was hallucinating shadow people really bad. Until it got to that point it was some of the most euphoric speed I've ever done!

Apparently 3,4-methylenedioxy-MAR and 3,4,5-trimethoxy-methylaminorex (3,4,5-TM-MAR) are known. Anyone know sources for literature?
Here is a good one I read (Drug Test Anal. 2015 Jul; 7(7): 555–564.) Covers synthesis, analysis of a vendor sample (it was legit and good quality) and some preliminary receptor affinity data.

Another one I came across that looks good but I haven't had the opportunity to sit down with and read.

I've always wished that I could have done more 4,4-DMAR but perhaps it's best that I didn't. One gram was a wild ride.

I've always wished that I could have done more 4,4-DMAR but perhaps it's best that I didn't. One gram was a wild ride.
it looks like it :eek:
i think that if i got my hands on such a thing i would go back to psych ward reeeaaal quick.
It's interesting though, because it means that aminorex could me the origin of the next generation of rc stims, now that cathinones have been explored !