Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters
I've never watched the first 2 seasons but the new one looks appealing to me.

I'm very excited for the 3rd season. =D

american-horror-story-coven-poster-season-3.jpg

I hope this season is more like the first. I skipped the second because it was essentially a long music video. Seriously, in the two episodes of S2 I saw, the length of the average shot was approximately one second.

You already won me over with the haunted house. You don't need to keep trying to seduce me.

The teaser with the witch fellating the snake is possibly a bad sign. Is this show going to have a good story or just a cacophony of "sexy" images?

^don't count it out yet. I never expected the second season to be fantastiko so let's just sit back and watch

I can't really remember much of the 2nd season, but I do remember it does get better after the first couple of eps.

I'm interested in the 3rd because I want to see how they integrate witchcraft and voodoo.

I am disappointed that all the advertisements focus on witchcraft and there isn't one I've seen yet that shows the voodoo side of it.

This show had me on season 1, I enjoyed it alot from what I recall (which isnt much right now) but then I just didn't get into the second season (after a couple of episodes I think it was) and never watched it again. Maybe I should give it another go sometime.

I'm interested in the 3rd because I want to see how they integrate witchcraft and voodoo.

I am disappointed that all the advertisements focus on witchcraft and there isn't one I've seen yet that shows the voodoo side of it.

Isn't voodoo a type of witchcraft?

I'm not a fan of voodoo because of the animal sacrifices. In Miami I'm constantly tripping over headless goats dumped on the side of the road. If you kill them, eat them! Otherwise don't kill them. That is barbaric.

I guess it depends on your point of view. Technically yes, but there are various branches of voodoo and it's generally considered separate enough from traditional witchcraft (rooted with the Salem witches). It's just like technically, pagan practices are witchcraft, but it's not classified like that most of the time.

I'm a fan of the herblore in voodoo, the use of Belladonna and (possibly) datura to 'raise the dead' and create 'zombie' workers.

I just watched season 2 again in preparation for tomorrows premiere and I remembered what irritated me about it. The fucking aliens...

I just watched season 2 again in preparation for tomorrows premiere and I remembered what irritated me about it. The fucking aliens...

Ugh! You said it! I didn't like the episodes about the aliens as well but I give them credits for still having to pull it off :\

I'm not a fan of voodoo because of the animal sacrifices. In Miami I'm constantly tripping over headless goats dumped on the side of the road. If you kill them, eat them! Otherwise don't kill them. That is barbaric.

don't be mixing up santeria and candomble in my voudou. all three have wildly different approaches to animal sacrifices. and i'd argue killing an animal to eat it when you can survive without it is barbaric.

i stupidly read the Slate review of it for some reason. now i know what happens. and the first episode is all about slavery. safe to say i'm less than thrilled now, but will still watch.

I've been seeing this thread pop up repeatedly and tons of reminders on the 'gram.

I have got my DVR set to record this season.

I watched 2 episodes of season 2 and gave it the boot. It was a tremendous letdown after the first season.

Here's hoping.

I watched 2 episodes of season 2 and gave it the boot. It was a tremendous letdown after the first season.

Give it another shot. After Sister Mary Eustice gets possessed things get good, if you ignore the completely throwaway filler plot of aliens. Seroiusly, the only part of that that pertains to the main story is getting Kit into Briarcliff in the first place.

I ended up not even bothering watching Season 2 after about 3 episodes in. It SUCKED. This season shows some real promise though.

The first episode was good, IMO. It's more gruesome than the other two combined but the acting and plot lines are infinitely better than last season.

Having not watched the first two seasons I can say this one was a bit disturbing but overall I enjoyed it.

fuck slate that site is so dumb with white jew ladies trying to tell me who is sensitive to slavery and who isn't. go away.

angela basset bout to go haaaaaam <3

I liked it. I'm not getting the super creepy tone I got instantly during the first and second seasons, but I definitely think this season holds a lot of promise. The witch thing is kind of play out right now along with the whole vampire craze, but if anyone can make it bad ass it AHS.

I'll be watching this season intensely. Let the freak show begin.

It's not scary. It's enjoyable, but it's not scary.

I'm thinking how many witchcraft movies I found scary...

Blair Witch was scary.
Serpent and the Rainbow was scary.
Suspiria was scary.
The Believers was scary.
Rosemary's Baby was scary.

What did these have that that episode lacked?