• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Ambien vs. Ambien CR (Recreational Value and Questions)

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
So I've been getting the immediate release 10mg tablets of ambien from my doctor. I mostly use them if I need to get up for work early the next morning but the remaining ones I use for recreation. I was just curious if Ambien CR had any better recreational value than its immediate release counterpart? OI'm gonna switch to the CR anyway at least for a month to see if its any better and keeping me asleep as oppose to waking up at 3 or 4 AM to take another immediate release 10mg tablet. So I'm hoping one or maybe two will keep my asleep all night on the nights I have to wake up; however, in regards to recreation, what is a good intermediate dose for a subtle but noticeable effect?

Additionally, is Lunesta or Sonata (both controlled release to my understanding) any better - both for its intended purpose and recreation ally - than Ambien CR?

Thanks for your input, I realize answers will be different because different meds effect us all differently but I want to see what the general popularity is with an immediate release or controlled release Z-Type sleep drug.

Appreciate the help guys,
-MF4M

There's recreational value in sleeping pills? Would they just not make you sleepy? What am i missing out on

There's recreational value in sleeping pills? Would they just not make you sleepy? What am i missing out on
What are you talking about? Ambien, Lunesta and Sonata are all controlled substances. I certainly get some (not much but SOME) recreational value out of Z-Type sedatives. I was just curious but I can see nobody is going to answer my question. I just picked up a script for Sonata (Zaleplon) so I'll see how that goes for both medicinal and recreational value.

Zolpidem is the most recreational of the z-drugs in my opinion. I wouldn't describe it as highly recreational but it certainly can be fun. The CR is less recreational because the speed of onset is reduced. The speed at which a drug reaches its peak blood lelvels is a significant factor in its abuse potential. You might consider crushing the CR to defeat the time release.

Zolpidem can be more recreational than benzos given the speed of onset and hallucinations it can generate. I used to take 30-60mg and fight off the sleep, it gets pretty trippy if you can remember it. Taking a stimulant with it helps you stay awake too.

What are you talking about? Ambien, Lunesta and Sonata are all controlled substances. I certainly get some (not much but SOME) recreational value out of Z-Type sedatives. I was just curious but I can see nobody is going to answer my question. I just picked up a script for Sonata (Zaleplon) so I'll see how that goes for both medicinal and recreational value.

I am taking about not seeing a recreational use in sleeping pills. All they do is make me sleep. I had no clue they made you hallucinate

I'm one of thoes rare cases where Ambien and lunesta doesn't work on me idk if it's from years of benzo abuse one of the last times I took Ambien I ate 10 and shovled my driveway, I'm not bragging or any thing I wish a could have gotten fucked up off them. but I've herd some ppl enjoy them good luck...