• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amanita with a little mold - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slightreturn

Greenlighter
Hey everybody, got a question - I've had some Amanitas for a few weeks now and they've been in a plastic ziplock bag sealed in my closet, but I've opened it a few times for various reasons.

Today I noticed on 2 of the caps some whitish grey fuzz growing. It's only a little and otherwise they seem fine.

So my question is if I tear out the bad part and make tea would it be okay?

thanks in advance

EW

did you pick them yourself? were they dried properly?

mushrooms of ANY KIND must be stored in a breathable paper container if they are moist at all. otherwise they will become infected with all manner of molds and bacteria which is DELICIOUS and MAKES YOU TRIP. rofljk please don't eat moldy food.

dry your shrooms COMPLETELY before putting them into sealed plastic containers. this means investing in some desiccant (DIY at home: bake epsom salts at 400F for four hours, they will lose 7H2O and become anhydrous. Store tighly sealed, as this will pull water out of the air. to use, just put some in a paper envelope and use as you would any other desiccant. can be recharged an unlimited number of times.)

they were dry when i got them, but still a little moist. now they're real dry. there was only a very small amount of the fuzz, which I tore out.

I made some tea with about 5g of bits and pieces that were also in the same bag that were fine. same as when I got them. Do you think it's okay?

okay so like I said it was a very small amount which I tore out immediately. There were about 5g of pieces in the bottom of the bag that looked completely fine. I boiled them for about 20 or 30 min. Anyone know if that would kill the mold?

"kill the mold" maybe, but the most dangerous molds produce toxins which are not destroyed by cooking.

my suggestion is to throw it out. 5g amanita isn't even fun.

no, don't eat the molded caps ever, it means it's infested and the odds of getting sick are... well, in more words or less, the odds say you're gonna get sick, so what's the point?

I've done Amanitas before, and nothing happened at all, it was a huge waste. and they taste, FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!!

Cool, I did. I didn't take any. It's not not worth getting sick.
>I mean contaminated from the mold/toxins not the trippy stuff

OK its good that you didnt take the chance, even if visible mold is removed it could indicate that there are other satellite mold colonies elsewhere and eating them could make you pretty sick. You don't want that on top of an amanita experience.

Dry this stuff well the next time for another reason as well: the ibotenic acid is converted into muscimol which makes for a better experience and less side-effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.