• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Amanita Pantherina 133mg muscimol alcohol based tincture - can you turn it into a vape? Is it worth it?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I have an amanita pantherina tincture but it’s a little heavy on the alcohol. What I mean is it burns worst than listerine and I don’t think I can take a high enough dose for effects because I can’t get thru the burn…

Like I really feel like it’s damn near 100 percent alcohol. I know it’s not but it feels like it seers the skin off at first. It doesn’t.

Is there a safe way to get rid of the alcohol and turn it into a vape? Or any ideas on consuming it other than sublingual? Oral is pretty rough too…nasty tasting stuff man way worse than kratom. There is supposedly zero ibitemic acid.

Edit: also, I have read reports of weed killing amanita effects but they are saying it’s enough people to be significant with weed only being the common denominator but others say it enhances it for them.

Well many reports of Amanita being smoked so I have high hopes this could work.

That said, you could maybe just evaporate a dose onto like a cracker. The alcohol should evaporate quickly then you can eat the cracker with the residual muscimol. Assuming muscimol isn’t very volatile itself..

-GC

Ahh great idea man!!!the cracker idea. That’s what I’ll do.

He says 1-3ml a light dose 3-5 medium and 5-10 large and 10-15 - heroic

But didn’t give me the mg per ml or and it’s a standard sized tincture bottle but idk how many ml are in it lol…there’s no label. It’s a very small herbal store I got it from and he makes it himself. But he gets it lab tested after.

I guess I’ll just go off the dose guidelines he gave me.

@Juicewrldfan

any updates? any success stories? concerns?

i'm interested in amanitas again after quite a few years, for anxiety treatment

@Juicewrldfan

any updates? any success stories? concerns?

i'm interested in amanitas again after quite a few years, for anxiety treatment
I'll give you my own recent experience

I find it remarkable as a mild intoxicant and for GABA receptor restoring properties

I recently used it to come off benzos with zero withdrawal. It has the remarkable property of healing your GABA receptors while also getting you slightly buzzed.

but it is not:
- recreational / something to get high off
- good for anxiety
- suitable for long term use (tolerance becomes a huge issue)

if you try to take a large dose, you will only become very delusional, as if you took too much ambien/zoplidem

it potentiates anxiolysis from other drugs such as benzos/alcohol/etc... but muscimol by itself does not possess much anxiolytic properties... it is almost strictly hypnotic IMO. It also has the other properties of a GABAergic drug, but only in a mild sense.

I laud the substance, but mostly for its use in recovering from benzos. It was absolutely amazing for that, in my experience.

By itself its really not much, especially when you're talking about daily use or functional use.

Just as a side note I've been noticing some funky test results from some common amanita products sold online:

This one (below) says that aside from muscimol, it contains 1mg/gram of norpsilocin (4-HO-NMT), which is more potent than psilocin.

This other one, which I bought (I purchased before seeing these results), contains a 1:1 ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid.

Also not the lab results refer to muscimol and etc as "trymptamines" which it is not.

I had some amanita gummies where one batch was ok. I got another (that was on sale, looked the same) that I had a weird reaction to, was essentially tripping but it was quite unpleasant. Just from 1.

Just as a side note I've been noticing some funky test results from some common amanita products sold online:

This one (below) says that aside from muscimol, it contains 1mg/gram of norpsilocin (4-HO-NMT), which is more potent than psilocin.

I'm not sure if you've seen the thread talking about these amanita products containing 4-HO-DMT, but we should post this there too.

I've never even heard of 4-HO-NMT

I accidentally bought some gummies that contained the tryptamine. Took 2 gummies, which package said was mild. I was having visuals as if I had taken 5g+ of mushrooms, but what surprised me is the incredibly intense body high that I found uncomfortable. It was quite the potent tryptamine, and I was surprised it was being sold as amanita.

I'm not sure if you've seen the thread talking about these amanita products containing 4-HO-DMT, but we should post this there too.

I've never even heard of 4-HO-NMT

I accidentally bought some gummies that contained the tryptamine. Took 2 gummies, which package said was mild. I was having visuals as if I had taken 5g+ of mushrooms, but what surprised me is the incredibly intense body high that I found uncomfortable. It was quite the potent tryptamine, and I was surprised it was being sold as amanita.

Well what's weird is that all of these amanita test results show a "Total Tryptamines" number, which includes the muscimol. The thing is, muscimol isn't a tryptamine; it has a completely different structure and cannot be classified as one. So why are these labs labeling muscimol and ibonetic acid as tryptamines?

I guess "cause they're idiots" is the answer. Which is the most comforting quality for someone who is supposed to be performing this type of analysis.

So in the case of the amanita mushrooms you bought that said it had tryptamines in it, perhaps it was labeled as such due to a similar sort of stupidity. But perhaps they actually contained an actual tryptamine, like in that one case. The big test for these is "psilocybin free but shit, psilocin is till psychoactive. Morons

Maybe these amanita growers also grow psilocybin containing mushrooms, leading to cross contamination.