• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I immune to opioids? Basically no effects despite zero tolerance

buuuurps

Bluelighter
Over the last 10 years, I have tried opioids maybe a total of 10 or 15 times. The four types that I tried were:

- Codein
- Tramadol
- Heroin
- Opium

I was always careful with the dosage in the beginning, because I had no tolerance whatsoever. Then, when I didn't feel any effects, I increased it. And increased it again. And again. This got to the point where as a first-time heroin user I would snort a good-sized line of the stuff, or end up drinking a whole bottle of codein cough syrup, or drop 200mg Tramadol on an empty stomach. Even so, the effects in all cases have been so minimal as to be almost nonexistent. Whatever effect I feel from opioids is so mild that I am not even sure if it's a placebo or not. Mind you, I did throw up from the heroin, so I guess the side effects still affect me, just not the actual rush of any of these drugs. I don't know whether they would work on me for pain relief, as I never took them for that purpose. But as far as the typical states described (euphoria, sense of relaxation, nodding, etc) I get pretty much nothing.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (or rather, lack thereof). It just seems so strange to me that I can take what is clearly a very potent class of drugs with no tolerance and seemingly just be unaffected. (In case you are wondering, all the opioids I tried were either straight from the pharmacy or from reliable sources, so no, I wasn't just ripped off and given bogus stuff)

I’m very similar, it’s due to how you metabolise opioids. I get no euphoria or warmth from opioids at all and I am a chronic pain patient and have taken a lot.

Forget opioids, you will overdose if you push it, you’re not immune to that.

I think I'm the same to because heroin unless it's rly strong has not effected me as much as others even though I have the same stuff

Well the time I'm talking about I was on it for 1 year and other users I was talking about were 20 year addicts but yano..

Well the time I'm talking about I was on it for 1 year and other users I was talking about were 20 year addicts but yano..

doesn't really matter how long, you can lose a lot of tolerance very quickly if you aren't using as much.

I was the same. Like exactly the same. I tried everything up to heroin including oxy and got nothing. maybe a little something it was hard to tell, this was 14 - 22 maybe and stimulants were my thing. now I'm addicted to opioids. Go figure.

it was almost a learned response. but to this very day I get fuck all off real heroin. I learned how to enjoy morphine, codeine, tramadol, oxy. But my demon was fentanyl... that worked from day one. and now I'm suboxone, which I prefer to HEROIN in terms of euphoria. figure that one out.

The thing is everybody has unique biology. You do have natural opioids, they are called endorphins. Maybe its some metabolizing issue or maybe its a preference issue its all kind of speculation I feel. Though I bet if you were to keep using them you'd start to notice the effects more, then you'd start like them, then eventually you can't live without them. story as old as time ;)

Over the last 10 years, I have tried opioids maybe a total of 10 or 15 times. The four types that I tried were:

- Codei
- Tramadol
- Heroin
- Opium

I was always careful with the dosage in the beginning, because I had no tolerance whatsoever. Then, when I didn't feel any effects, I increased it. And increased it again. And again. This got to the point where as a first-time heroin user I would snort a good-sized line of the stuff, or end up drinking a whole bottle of codein cough syrup, or drop 200mg Tramadol on an empty stomach. Even so, the effects in all cases have been so minimal as to be almost nonexistent. Whatever effect I feel from opioids is so mild that I am not even sure if it's a placebo or not. Mind you, I did throw up from the heroin, so I guess the side effects still affect me, just not the actual rush of any of these drugs. I don't know whether they would work on me for pain relief, as I never took them for that purpose. But as far as the typical states described (euphoria, sense of relaxation, nodding, etc) I get pretty much nothing.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (or rather, lack thereof). It just seems so strange to me that I can take what is clearly a very potent class of drugs with no tolerance and seemingly just be unaffected. (In case you are wondering, all the opioids I tried were either straight from the pharmacy or from reliable sources, so no, I wasn't just ripped off and given bogus stuff)

Codeine and tramadol are weak opioids (and codeine inhibits it’s metabolism making high doses difficult )

Opium is extremely rare in North America, but I’m almost certain if you had it in the Middle East it was legit . I’ve only reliably had the pleasure once (middle eastern community in the suburbs has the hookup) .

That you didn’t feel anything from heroin is quite odd to say the least.

I would suggest get some reliable prescription oxyneo (NOT Percocet because of the acetaminophen) , crush it up, take orally and see if you feel anything but obviously if you feel nothing from like 40mg don’t push the doses it seems you indeed have some unusual tolerance to opioids

I’m an exheroin addict and while I got high (obviously)I never got sick. Not even a tiny bit. The withdrawal was mainly craving for heroin. Strange but true

Last edited:
I've only tried Codein and Oxycodone, but I had the same experience: Some warmth, some itching, a light "bubbly" feeling, but no euphoria. Increasing the dose doesn't help and just makes me nauseous (my highest does was 20mg of instant release oxycodone with no relevant tolerance). I've only used orally, though. Maybe it is different if you snort it. I don't think I'll bother with opiods in the future: The risk / reward ration is just off.

I first tried opioids in my mid-teen years.
At first they didn't do anything for me either really. They would make me nauseous and sick. Especially if I drank ontop of them.

For awhile, I couldn't understand what people saw in opioids.

Then when I was 19, I came into possession of a lot of tramadol and had moved and had no cannabis connect at the time. So I started taking whatever I could find that might get me high.
It wasn't until one day at work that I noticed I had a HELL of a lot of energy. Clean feeling energy. And a glowing warm euphoric feeling. And then suddenly I realized what opioids really had to offer.

And now here I am 13 years later and still take & crave opiates every day.

I think it takes several experiences before you finally start to appreciate and enjoy the high of opiates. They can be a lot more subtle than other drugs out there too.

I guess just consider yourself lucky and leave the opioids behind before you actually do start feeling & enjoying them.

i have the same issue. for a while i thought it had something to do with the enzymes... but if there are physical effects present then it works. i guess i have to keep trying..

I have a friend who had the same issue, he took a dose that I've seen a lot of other people get sick off of their first time or at least a nice nod and experienced nothing. Take it as a blessing and just try to forget about opioids, taking larger and larger doses is just dangerous and by just forgetting about it you can also be sure you'll never end up dependant.

Codeine and tramadol are so weak it's easy to understand why you can't feel them. What is sold as opium is almost always something else, ie it's likely to be bunk. This of course depends on where you live (which country?) and what kind of connections you got. Most opium in western countries is usually something it shouldn't be. However there's nothing that can explain why you couldn't get a buzz from your heroin. The chances of you being immune to it are slim to none. Maybe it was just weak product (i.e. cut to fuck) or you went on it too carefully (nothing wrong with that btw. you don't play games with heroin/fentanyl) and underdosed it?

Edit: just noticed that you are sure your gear was of decent quality. Still I wouldn't count on the opium being the real deal. Logistically it doesn¨t make a lot of sense to smuggle opium in the western countries when you can bring heroin instead. You propably are just naturally very tolerant to opioids, It's rare but it happens. You'll just have to go by the feel of it and gradually increase the dose until you can feel it. I wouldn't be surprised if you need 2-4 x the amount of heroin the average person needs. Some people just are like that.

Last edited:
Codeine and tramadol are so weak it's easy to understand why you can't feel them
This is a really dangerous narrative. They are most certainly not weak to someone opioid naïve and regardless of tolerance Tramadol can and does cause seizures even below the 400mg mark.

You probably just need a higher dosage. I never got much out of opiates, tramadol is useless even at dangerous doses like 600mg, codine does nothing, morphine either. When I first started id need 60mg oxycodone for a mild buzz orally. Now its at least 100.

This is a really dangerous narrative. They are most certainly not weak to someone opioid naïve and regardless of tolerance Tramadol can and does cause seizures even below the 400mg mark.
oh yes, very true. You're right and i 100% agree with you.
It's also really up to a person's invidual metabolism on how potent codeine/tramadol really is. They should be treated the same as the more potent opiods when it comes to opiod naive inviduals.

Tried dihydrocodeine with promethazine and the promethazine knocked me out, I was barely conscious next day. So i cut the promethazine down and took a full box of 28 dhc over a few weeks, trying to get the dose right, even tried plugging it, didn't feel anything.

Then tramadol, went up to 300mg, but no luck, but I'll try again when I get some better ones.

Tried poppy seed tea, but I couldn't get it right, might just have been the seeds, either way I think I'm better off without that in my life.

Ket, coke and mdma for me I think, the old faithfuls.