• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am i fucking up my metabolism by skipping breakfeast?

Honestly don’t worry so much about how much, and focus on what. If you’re eating a diet rich in healthy fats, well sourced meats, organic fruits and vegetables, and NO processed sugars, then you can eat until your content. Follow a Whole-30 for a month and see how you feel.

The main thing is sugars. I avoid them as long as I can until later in the day because soon as you start eating some the addictive cycle starts for the day.

-GC

Yes. Enzyme production is suspended after 8 pm.
what? pretty sure you'd get very ill quite quickly if you stopped producing enzymes. cf pancreatitis. what is your evidence/source for this?

Honestly don’t worry so much about how much, and focus on what. If you’re eating a diet rich in healthy fats, well sourced meats, organic fruits and vegetables, and NO processed sugars, then you can eat until your content. Follow a Whole-30 for a month and see how you feel.
i agree with your food suggestions, but OP has a history of EDs and i'd really advise against strict elimination diets in that case. it can easily lead to relapse.

well, it does for me anyway, its why i can't be vegan even though i should. it makes me relapse into v restrictive eating every time i try. i just try to incorporate a decent proportion of vegan meals instead.

what? pretty sure you'd get very ill quite quickly if you stopped producing enzymes. cf pancreatitis. what is your evidence/source for this?
I was really judt paraphrasing the notion emphasised by the ancient Ayurvedic health dosha.

You have taken it so literally and terminally.

The "evidence" in this case is the Ayurvedic texts and their exact way of presenting this point.

I did not elaborate to suggest....afterr 8 pm the body reduces enzyme production enough for digestion to be less efficient generally after that point.

Our bology is linked to the time of day. There is an optimum time.

Digrstion is at peak potential at noon they say too.

4 am is our weakest point. Not from Ayurveda that bit but I imagine they have a line on it.

Is it so implausible to consider that enzyme priduction is rampant at particular lunar hours, and eating putside of that strains the body more with less efficient digestion?

Also, sleep before midnightis effectively double vs afterwards.

So 10 pm to 5 am is superior to 12 am to 7 am.

Petty really what they are actually saying too, sometimes, especially when they try not to come right out and say it.

No

People do intermittent fasting all the time and get great results

As mal3volent said, make it a lifestyle change

Do not get obsessed with calorie counting and weighing yourself, it's not necessary and can possibly contribute to an eating disorder
Yup. I have been doing one meal a day for over ten years, and I feel great. Even if I choose to eat more than that, I only eat within a 6 hour period after 18 hours of fasting. The whole idea that people need 3 meals a day is a construct, especially when considering that the majority of Americans are overweight or obese, and hardly get an adequate amount of physical activity and proper nutrition to begin with. And we won't even get into the problem with insulin resistance and/or Diabetes in America. Most people are so used to eating empty calories via "processed food products" that it isn't even funny and of course the epidemic of heart disease and Diabetes, among other things, reflects these very poor eating/lifestyle choices.

I bet I eat under 300 meals per anuum. By unusual and extreme requirement not choice.

And not 300 full meals even half sufficiently digested.

What you digest and don't digest is the critical factor ultimately not just which stones we shovel into our mouths and bellies.

If I digested completely and ate 350 adequate meals a year atm impossible still for allergies etc etc sake, I'd have pounds in store and be prime.

The main thing is sugars. I avoid them as long as I can until later in the day because soon as you start eating some the addictive cycle starts for the day.

-GC
White sugar is the most damaging drug statistically.

It's too overlooked on the crine and simply overlooked for being a drug.

"Refining" nature in Frankenstein manners (like natural salt, heated to thousands of degrees C, agitated, stripped, repacked and labeled another example) often results in a health destructive poison.

Applied to sugar, salt and fat. It's so obvious too.

qft.

it has to be a lifestyle change. last year i just set the goal of getting back into the healthy BMI range, i did it, kept some of the habits i'd got into while doing it but dropped some others, mostly my avoidance of takeaways. so i quickly went back to being overweigt. i then just decided that eating junk but purging it would be good. it was not, it got out of control v quickly and i still don't have it in control,

i still miss takeout but i know if i get it i'm very unlikely to be able to keep it down so i just have to deal with not having it mostly. i actually can't imagine going back to eating the amount of bread and stuff i used to.

breakfast was pushed by kelloggs. do what works for you. i've recently pushed my breakfast later cos the earlier i eat, the more hungry i get so i am more likely to overeat. if not eating breakfast is helping, and you're OK energy wise, then you don't need it.

i'm not really sure that fucking up metabolism is a real thing. i ate one meal a day (before it was cool lol) from 11 til i went to uni, where i promptly spiralled into completely uncontrolled anorexia. i got a bit better aged about 22, but didn't start eating properly consistently until i was 33, when i went the other way. if its possible to fuck up your metabolism by skipping breakfast, or going days without eating, or eating less than 200 calories per day while walking for 8 hours 4-5 days a week (i really don't understand how i did this and do not recommend even trying) for months on end, i'd have done it. the only time my metabolism has been obviously fucked up is actually when i had hypermetabolism during refeeding, i.e. the opposite of what people mean when they say you'll wreck your metabolism!!
did yah know that kellogg made corn flakes to curb masturbation? no joke, he was 7th day Adventist, marketed it as a "healthy, ready to eat anti-masturbatory meal"

White sugar is the most damaging drug statistically.

It's too overlooked on the crine and simply overlooked for being a drug.

"Refining" nature in Frankenstein manners (like natural salt, heated to thousands of degrees C, agitated, stripped, repacked and labeled another example) often results in a health destructive poison.

Applied to sugar, salt and fat. It's so obvious too.
reading duffys book Sugar Blues changed my life long long ago, when creepy old fellahs would ask me"hey lil girl want some candy???" i`d get so offended

reading duffys book Sugar Blues changed my life long long ago, when creepy old fellahs would ask me"hey lil girl want some candy???" i`d get so offended
Haha. You don't surprise me Ryanne at all. But here you actually delight me!

Because I have that book. It's an educational read. Insightful, details white sugar's (craterial lol, my term) history.

Examines it's impact on health physiologically historically and statistically.

Makes many interesting assertions. One being that poisonous white sugar is the trigger for schizophrenia by relentlessly whiplashing the adrenals.

I know schizophrenics too. Not one I've personally known, wasn't a fanatic white sugar junkie, adamant it is the indispensable elixir of life and the brain needs it.

And also that the bubonic plague was actually fuelled by the ridiculous white sugar abuse that was prevalent at that time. I can actually get my head around that most people wouldn't but most people are so conditioned to overly limited beliefs and considerations of what might be possible and could have truly occurred in the past.

I'm glad you switched names you know. I wanted to comment on this already and last night except I have actually gotten phenomenally sick with my third Covid contraction the fourth time it's got into my nerves and in my life, I have honestly never known anything to be as totally crashing and destructive as Covid entering the nervous system no drug binge infection allergy illness anything has been so cataclysmic in such a short time requiring intervention and treatment.

So my head is really not there that's an understatement I've completely properly fully lost it like never in my life yesterday was the peak probably. Lots and lots of reasons without the long Covid nerve damage each time it gets in there the level of nerve damage is considerably greater than the previous entrance and it's all cumulative.

As a result I have completely lost my mind can't stay calm and focused and handle stress it's very very physical like you've taken way too much stimulant or hallucinogen and it's so physically grating you can't bear the thought of any sight or sound because the nerves are too sensitive except it's 24/7.

LSD in this condition is a test and a 1/2 too. It's unviable. Turning up the knob all the way, physical nerve wise. Suitably, I don't need any more now though.

That is why I speak with a degree of insistence and passion in the Covid thread where all the experts who mostly aren't very smart and have no actual experience with compromised immunity or Covid directly have provided all the answers and explanations.

Bottom line it's just a cold right? Lol, fucking jokers. Sorry Ryanne I'm stressed. So stressed can't actually be more so. And if I say to anybody somewhere reporting my personal experience as a result of compromised immunity and a sabotaged nervous system enabling Covid to become the long nerve based damaging condition it is for me....

The stupid man on the street as a generalisation or the biased arguer on a forum tries to tell me that my 4th booster won't save me and the PCR is unreliable and lecture me and educate me about how we are being poisoned??

When my only point is simply sharing my own experience and trying to suggest to these black and white people that there are exceptions and caveats and we do not have another cold or flu virus actually.

So I can't actually compose what I would normally it's stuck in my throat because it involves emotion. It's a very simple thing related to me mistaking you originally for a male and then having some difficulty removing that very pleasant but thoroughly built-up imagination of you that way haha.

And seeing "Robi" as a lady. I never usually have an experience like that but this was a bit different and I needed some sort of hack like a cup of tea with you would have done the trick.

But you switched to Ryanne. Which makes things so much easier so I will say now it is a true pleasure to meet and know you already Ryanne. Hope you are well.

Keep that spirit.

Last edited:

i agree with your food suggestions, but OP has a history of EDs and i'd really advise against strict elimination diets in that case. it can easily lead to relapse.

well, it does for me anyway, its why i can't be vegan even though i should. it makes me relapse into v restrictive eating every time i try. i just try to incorporate a decent proportion of vegan meals instead.
Enzymes are utilized by your body, or redirected , when one eats processed food.

The more processed the more enzymes are needed to aid in digestion.
A simple example is Nuts. They have within them enzyme inhibitor's. Simply because the seed only wanna sprout at the right moment. When it is wet or rain's. So they not only need your enzyme's they soak em up like a sponge.

That is the main reason why you should soak nut's, bean's and lentil's and such to get rid of these enzyme inhibitor's (they flush out a great deal with an CWE/ cold water extraction). Because when you do not the body need's to redirect its own enzyme's to digest them. Which will be on expensive of your restoring facilities.

But essentially these enzymes are needed for other thing's like restoration of the body and mind. The reason soaking make them more easily digestible.

I am have been Vegetarian for a long time, but feel that intuition is a better guidance. Your body know's what it need's, you just have to recognize the messages its sending. So I am eating a very broad diet now, that includes fish and meat from time to time.

Enzymes are utilized by your body, or redirected , when one eats processed food.

But essentially these enzymes are needed for other thing's like restoration of the body and mind. The reason soaking make them more easily digestible.
i'm really not sure we mean the same thing by 'enzymes'- i am referring to proteins that catalyse chemical reactions. these have very specific features.

so i find it hard to believe that a digestive enzyme, evolved over millenia to operate in the highly acidic environment of the stomach, would do literally anything useful outside of the stomach. these are the enzymes responsible for processing our food intake (well i guess we got stuff in saliva and the intestines too, but you get my point).

i've heard before that soaking nuts and legumes makes them more easily digestible and believe that, but i don't believe that this enables the body to redirect digestive enzymes or that that would even be desirable.

i'm really not sure we mean the same thing by 'enzymes'- i am referring to proteins that catalyse chemical reactions. these have very specific features.

so i find it hard to believe that a digestive enzyme, evolved over millenia to operate in the highly acidic environment of the stomach, would do literally anything useful outside of the stomach. these are the enzymes responsible for processing our food intake (well i guess we got stuff in saliva and the intestines too, but you get my point).

i've heard before that soaking nuts and legumes makes them more easily digestible and believe that, but i don't believe that this enables the body to redirect digestive enzymes or that that would even be desirable.
Well I soaked my nut's and they sure tasted good if not better.

Btw soaking beans, lentil's and chick-peas is also good practice.
They all have there own time you can find that info easily.
Just don't go soaking your ball's 24 hours as that is not what this thread is about ;)
In theory this should wash of the enzyme-inhibitor's that keep the subject of sprouting till significant rainfall. Right?

The enzyme I proposed are released in the intestine's afaik. Not the stomach. And are supposedly also capable of being used to repair body tissue. But if this is scientifically proven?

Almost seems like the stomach and mouth produce some enzyme's but the big share is added in the small intestine.

Last edited:
Ight so ive been skipping breakfeast for atleast a week. Why? Because them fuckers at patient first told me im obese (only 200) and said i should eat 500 less calories a day to lose weight so i started skipping breakfeast. Because i like me some lunch and dinner and snacks. And hell, its working on top of the excersizing. I wish i could show pictures but i got the mind of a 90 year old even though im 18. No idea how to post the pictures on here too complicated.

I was told by several people to eat something healthy for breakfeast. But damn man im burning more calories am i not?

Shit.. i think im starting to get a little obsessed about losing weight. I started drinking cold water because i heard it burns 8 calories.
I've been skipping breakfast since summer 2006. Same shit

The enzyme I proposed are released in the intestine's afaik. Not the stomach. And are supposedly also capable of being used to repair body tissue. But if this is scientifically proven?

Almost seems like the stomach and mouth produce some enzyme's but the big share is added in the small intestine.

your original claim is that they restore body and mind, are you now limiting these enzymes to activity within the digestive system? that is more believable.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4923703/
your original claim is that they restore body and mind, are you now limiting these enzymes to activity within the digestive system? that is more believable.
Lots of enzymes are produced in the gut, added by the Liver and the Pancreas. Butbeing underweight using this method of eating not realizing it was a form of dieting. Was like starving myself.

Logically if the body uses the energy that would be used to make specific digestive enzyme's. Especially to counteract enzyme inhibitor's that are present in seed's, nut's, bean's and a lot more So your body can use it for other purpusoses: restorative action, loosing weight. This seams all good, more energy for repairs and such.

But you got to keep moving be it walkin whatever. Not to much couch surfing.

But if the actual enzymes do that I don't know. You now how these internet knowledge goes some is spot on some far from reality.

Last edited:
Logically if the body uses the energy that would be used to make specific digestive enzyme's. Especially to counteract enzyme inhibitor's that are present in seed's, nut's, bean's and a lot more For its restorative action this seams all good, more energy for repairs and such.
oh yeah, def agree that if we are wasting resources doing something we shouldn't need to, those resources can't be used elsewhere.

i am an expert in wasting my resources doing pointless shit lol.

oh yeah, def agree that if we are wasting resources doing something we shouldn't need to, those resources can't be used elsewhere.

i am an expert in wasting my resources doing pointless shit lol.
just up dated my reply
I think this sums it up.

But are enzyme's resources? its not like we have any control over them they are secreted when possible as needed?

My Milkprotein/ Cassein allergy/ intolerance as example, its broken down by Protease enzym which i obviously lack since birth. Both A1 and A2 containing milk are processed differently by digestive enzymes, and a seven-amino peptide, beta-casomorphin-7, (BCM-7) can be released by digestion of A1-beta-casein.[34]

A1 is the average Cow btw.

Last edited: