• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am i fucking up my metabolism by skipping breakfeast?

Sksjdjeisnfkeishz

Bluelighter
Ight so ive been skipping breakfeast for atleast a week. Why? Because them fuckers at patient first told me im obese (only 200) and said i should eat 500 less calories a day to lose weight so i started skipping breakfeast. Because i like me some lunch and dinner and snacks. And hell, its working on top of the excersizing. I wish i could show pictures but i got the mind of a 90 year old even though im 18. No idea how to post the pictures on here too complicated.

I was told by several people to eat something healthy for breakfeast. But damn man im burning more calories am i not?

Shit.. i think im starting to get a little obsessed about losing weight. I started drinking cold water because i heard it burns 8 calories.

How often you eat and when is up to you. It's personal preference.

I never eat breakfast because eating that early makes me physically sick.

If you're looking to lose weight quickly, restrict yourself to 1200 calories per day. Eat lean protein and vegetables. Abstain from added sugar and carbs. Do as much cardio as you can, but not to excess.

If you mess up sometimes it's no big deal. Just get back on track and make it a lifestyle change.

Ight so ive been skipping breakfeast for atleast a week. Why? Because them fuckers at patient first told me im obese (only 200) and said i should eat 500 less calories a day to lose weight so i started skipping breakfeast. Because i like me some lunch and dinner and snacks. And hell, its working on top of the excersizing. I wish i could show pictures but i got the mind of a 90 year old even though im 18. No idea how to post the pictures on here too complicated.

I was told by several people to eat something healthy for breakfeast. But damn man im burning more calories am i not?

Shit.. i think im starting to get a little obsessed about losing weight. I started drinking cold water because i heard it burns 8 calories.

You're eating less calories and burning less, too. Your metabolism slows down when you sleep and doesn't speed back up again until you eat something. But literally just have an apple or something for breakfast.
Actually, a banana and a black coffee is an excellent breakfast for weight loss (there IS science behind it, but I'm too lazy to look up it).

How often you eat and when is up to you. It's personal preference.

I never eat breakfast because eating that early makes me physically sick.

If you're looking to lose weight quickly, restrict yourself to 1200 calories per day. Eat lean protein and vegetables. Abstain from added sugar and carbs. Do as much cardio as you can, but not to excess.

If you mess up sometimes it's no big deal. Just get back on track and make it a lifestyle change.

I'd be careful with cutting out carbs. I did that on by the evening of day two felt like I was going to die and binged on like 6 pieces of fruit lol.

A lot of people get the opposite, though and feel amazing.

It's not recommended but it's common to basically get high (high energy, euphoria) if you significantly reduce your calories (to like 500).

No

People do intermittent fasting all the time and get great results

As mal3volent said, make it a lifestyle change

Do not get obsessed with calorie counting and weighing yourself, it's not necessary and can possibly contribute to an eating disorder

I'd be careful with cutting out carbs. I did that on by the evening of day two felt like I was going to die and binged on like 6 pieces of fruit lol.

A lot of people get the opposite, though and feel amazing.

It's not recommended but it's common to basically get high (high energy, euphoria) if you significantly reduce your calories (to like 500).
Nah it's fine to cut carbs out

You just need to consume more sodium and water because of the insulin drop which causes you to dump sodium which makes people feel like shit

We did not evolve as humans to survive on processed carbohydrates. The more lean protein and vegetables you eat, the better. Whether you need to lose weight or not.

Sugar and processed carbohydrates are poison.

We did not evolve as humans to survive on processed carbohydrates. The more lean protein and vegetables you eat, the better. Whether you need to lose weight or not.

I agree with this. But also fruit is very important!

I don't advocate a vegan lifestyle or anything, but after watching the documentary Earthlings (super disturbing) I pretty much went vegan overnight and during the time I was vegan was the only time in my life I have felt normal. I was really happy, FULL of energy (which NEVER happens to me) and everyone was amazed how great my skin and hair looked etc.
However, I was eating 8-14 portions of fruit and vegetables a day and I think that was the main thing with that.

Doctors now recommend you eat 7 portions of fruit/veg a day, not 5 and I cannot recommend it enough.

Also, I wasn't dieting and was already very slim but I lost 15lbs over 10 weeks or so (zero effort and eating a lot).

I mean, I'm diabetic*, so I can't disagree with that last statement xD

*from destroying 95% of my pancreas, not from sugar, but still.

@mal3volent - sugar from fruit is different (well, no, but yes) due to the high-fibre content (which lowers and stabilizes blood glucose levels). This is why doctors generally advise against juicing as you're getting all the sugar and none of the fibre.
Cane sugar et al = bad.
I actually prefer fruit to candy (yes, really)...I just never got it like (for example) why would you wanna eat something artificially strawberry flavoured that has a load of sugar and zero nutritional value when you could just eat the actual thing. Fruit > fruit flavoured candy.

P.S. Could your avi gag me on his toes, punch me in the face and drown me in a toilet plznthnx

Last edited:

qft.

it has to be a lifestyle change. last year i just set the goal of getting back into the healthy BMI range, i did it, kept some of the habits i'd got into while doing it but dropped some others, mostly my avoidance of takeaways. so i quickly went back to being overweigt. i then just decided that eating junk but purging it would be good. it was not, it got out of control v quickly and i still don't have it in control,

i still miss takeout but i know if i get it i'm very unlikely to be able to keep it down so i just have to deal with not having it mostly. i actually can't imagine going back to eating the amount of bread and stuff i used to.

breakfast was pushed by kelloggs. do what works for you. i've recently pushed my breakfast later cos the earlier i eat, the more hungry i get so i am more likely to overeat. if not eating breakfast is helping, and you're OK energy wise, then you don't need it.

i'm not really sure that fucking up metabolism is a real thing. i ate one meal a day (before it was cool lol) from 11 til i went to uni, where i promptly spiralled into completely uncontrolled anorexia. i got a bit better aged about 22, but didn't start eating properly consistently until i was 33, when i went the other way. if its possible to fuck up your metabolism by skipping breakfast, or going days without eating, or eating less than 200 calories per day while walking for 8 hours 4-5 days a week (i really don't understand how i did this and do not recommend even trying) for months on end, i'd have done it. the only time my metabolism has been obviously fucked up is actually when i had hypermetabolism during refeeding, i.e. the opposite of what people mean when they say you'll wreck your metabolism!!

Intermittent fasting is proven to be exceedingly beneficial to all round health, vitality and longevity if correctly followed.

Best or optimum is 16 hours between food daily.

Commonly people will eat two meals in those 8 hrs then repeat.

Or just one meal in cases. Not quite adequate though.

It depends how you are geared and running maybe. There is plenty room with intermittent fasting though as an example to routine breakfast out, adopt an order and under normal conditions, on the whole there should be no demise in body health committing to intermittent fasting and choosing when you do or don't eat.

I imagine it depends again how your body is fuelled and runs.

no youre not, have a lil lemon water first thing, most "breakfast" is all sugar or super fatty
Ah yes i heard about the lemon water before. I need to buy me some lemons they are pretty cheap where i buy them. I can also get them at my restaraunt i work at. Thank u!

Oil pulling too, empty tummy rising. Amazing practice. Never will have tooth or gum problems.

Boosts metabolism. Very anti-catarrhal and antimicrobial upper respiratory.

Decongesting. But originally famed for powerful detoxification, drawing toxins from the artery below tongue through which the entire body's blood runs every 20 minutes.

Also anti aging.

In theory when trying to loose weight skipping breakfast should aid.

As this is normally done during your body's clean up fase. You eat, digest and then eliminate. This ends around 12 o'clock. You could insert a low calorie highly nutritious smoothy in there.

This is taken from Ayurveda. They also advise not to eat, especially heavy digestible food after 20:00. Btw gaining weight seems just as loosing it ... hard, I was underweight. So congrats on the progress.

And as mentioned above oil pulling def gives you the most clean teeth you ever had. It did for me no idea what else it does.

In theory when trying to loose weight skipping breakfast should aid.

As this is normally done during your body's clean up fase. You eat, digest and then eliminate. This ends around 12 o'clock. You could insert a low calorie highly nutritious smoothy in there.

This is taken from Ayurveda. They also advise not to eat, especially heavy digestible food after 20:00. Btw gaining weight seems just as loosing it ... hard, I was underweight. So congrats on the progress.

And as mentioned above oil pulling def gives you the most clean teeth you ever had. It did for me no idea what else it does.
Yes. Enzyme production is suspended after 8 pm.

Except, people being people at large, neglect to even consider clock change factors.

Needs accounting for.

Oil Pulling also comes from Ayurveda.

Real ghee, not just clarified butter is hailed as the best fat universally and boosts metabolism.