• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alternating different benzos to avoid resistance

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
So I got to the point where I want to be taking benzos daily, once more

After many experiences, it came to my mind the idea of alternating different benzos to avoid the gaining of resistance and, in the future, more intense withdrawal symptoms.

I have with me: alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, and oxazepam.

I have just started, I will try empirically find the tune.

So far, I had two days of 10 mg oxazepam followed by two days of 0.5 mg alprazolam, I want to take therapeutic doses, low doses. Oxazepam is less sedating and give me very strange thoughts but it counterbalances well with the more sedating effects of alprazolam.

Suggestions are welcome.

I took benzos RX for a decade then spent about a year going through relapses and absolutely horrific withdrawal symptoms until gradually my intermittent seizures ceased to be. Now whenever I take bentos for more than a few consecutive days I have a seizure. Be very careful with bentos, they're very insidious and they will creep up on you and lave you just a s bad off if not worse than opioids ever did. I'm not sure if alternating benzos will decrease your chance of developing tolerance, in fact I'm sure it won't. switching from Diaz to clonaz to alpraz would be like switching from hydro to oxycontin to heroin and expecting your tolerance to each individual drug to be lower than your tolerance to the previous. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Since your gabs receptors adapt to expecting constant saturation from bentos your tolerance will not decline because you're switching to another compound that has very minute and insignificant differences. I sure wish it was that easy. But if you're taking such low doses I don't see you having major withdrawal symptoms as being very likely unless you take these therapeutic doses for years. I was on 3 2mg tablets of alprazolam for a decade an had seizures and hallucinations and major tremors as a result. Don't be like me, quit while you're ahead.

I took benzos RX for a decade then spent about a year going through relapses and absolutely horrific withdrawal symptoms until gradually my intermittent seizures ceased to be. Now whenever I take bentos for more than a few consecutive days I have a seizure. Be very careful with bentos, they're very insidious and they will creep up on you and lave you just a s bad off if not worse than opioids ever did. I'm not sure if alternating benzos will decrease your chance of developing tolerance, in fact I'm sure it won't. switching from Diaz to clonaz to alpraz would be like switching from hydro to oxycontin to heroin and expecting your tolerance to each individual drug to be lower than your tolerance to the previous. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Since your gabs receptors adapt to expecting constant saturation from bentos your tolerance will not decline because you're switching to another compound that has very minute and insignificant differences. I sure wish it was that easy. But if you're taking such low doses I don't see you having major withdrawal symptoms as being very likely unless you take these therapeutic doses for years. I was on 3 2mg tablets of alprazolam for a decade an had seizures and hallucinations and major tremors as a result. Don't be like me, quit while you're ahead.

I got your point, so how about alternating benzos with antypsychotics (quetiapine, for example), in this case, they will have different ways of action on the brain. Or, yet, a benzo and lyrica, i don't know, there must be something better than taking the same benzo all the days, because this I already know, it does not work well, resistance comes fast and withdraws are fucking terrible.

So what symptoms exactly are you trying to relieve? Anxiety? if so is it constant or non linear situational anxiety. Is it panic? Is it sleep issues? What's your goal here in terms of symptom management? I've been through the block in terms of psychiatric medications, especially benzos and opioids, so maybe I can pass along some helpful advice

So what symptoms exactly are you trying to relieve? Anxiety? if so is it constant or non linear situational anxiety. Is it panic? Is it sleep issues? What's your goal here in terms of symptom management? I've been through the block in terms of psychiatric medications, especially benzos and opioids, so maybe I can pass along some helpful advice

I am sick and tired of having anxiety destroying my capabilities, these days I am not being able to do anything, the anxiety in the background in almost unbearable culminating with isolated panic cases. Sleeping badly, nausea, stomach acidity, basically, it steals my passion for life to the point that I am preferring to take a benzo even considering the catastrophic consequences.

I have been taking diverse antidepressant throughout the years (serious treatments), trying to cope with anxiety with alternative methods, such as sports, being outside, etc. Nothing seems to work. At the beginning, weed was the solution, but now weed is one of the major causes... it is the only one that I have not been able to expel from my life. But now, needing a benzo to have a normal day, it is not the time to stop smoking.

I am catching myself being anxious even in front of situations where I should be really happy, that's incredible and it extremely pisses me off because I know it, I am conscious about my anxiety, I know it is not a real feeling and that pisses me off

It should help somewhat to rotate benzos since, aside from diazepam, the others are selective for specific GABA subreceptors. So if you take clonazepam it should hit you even if you have a tolerance to alprazolam (and vice versa) simply because they target different receptors.

However on the flip side, this can also mean that once you develop a level of dependence, switching benzos can cause a mild withdrawal since the receptors that are used to getting hit are suddenly left without that extra GABA.

Ultimately benzos are best used PRN, but yes switching them up can help reduce the effect of tolerance or at the very least delay it, however it won't stop physical dependence nor psychological addiction.

This will differ between individuals but I have found that 1mg clonazepam per day does provide consistent anxiety relief even after tolerance to its sedative and intoxicating properties has built up. But the withdrawals from clonazepam seem to cause brain zaps for some reason, unlike any other benzo. Still the long half-life means it's not as harsh as alprazolam.

It should help somewhat to rotate benzos since, aside from diazepam, the others are selective for specific GABA subreceptors. So if you take clonazepam it should hit you even if you have a tolerance to alprazolam (and vice versa) simply because they target different receptors
Physical dependency will still develop however alongside the risk of seizures

alternating benzos will not significantly affect the development of dependence. or even tolerance.

suffering from anxiety and smoking weed is like being wet and not wanting to get out of the pool.

suffering from anxiety and smoking weed is like being wet and not wanting to get out of the pool.

I disagree here. A calming strain of cannabis does wonders for my anxiety. Just as long as I avoid the super potent sativas like the whatever Diesels, most other stuff does my anxiety good. It's a good way to avoid using benzos during tolerance breaks.

I disagree here. A calming strain of cannabis does wonders for my anxiety
i second this, a good indica, like PK, oh sweet sweet pk and its delicious taste and effects, but personally i find that pot doesn't quite do what a benzo can do in terms of anxiety, mostly just intoxicates you so you don't give a shit, but a benzo will actually alleviate anxiety for a time

FUCK green crack though. i hate that strain with every fiber of my body i've never experienced anxiety from any strain except for that one.

i second this, a good indica, like PK, oh sweet sweet pk and its delicious taste and effects, but personally i find that pot doesn't quite do what a benzo can do in terms of anxiety, mostly just intoxicates you so you don't give a shit, but a benzo will actually alleviate anxiety for a time

Yeah weed distracts you from anxiety while benzos actually alleviate it. Very different feeling but they both help in their own way. Once you got a bit of tolerance to the weed it becomes more functional though.

Once you got a bit of tolerance to the weed it becomes more functional though.
oh i know this all-too well, i used to be a very heavy smoker till i moved onto hash, and after a few years of ~2 grams of hash/day i ended up suddenly not smoking one day, but to hell with 'weed doesn't have withdrawal' maybe not compared to anything else, but i was certainly very irritable for a few weeks, but like everything you readjust at some point

The relation of weed and anxiety will largely depend on the frequency of use and current aspects of life. To me, i smoke from morning to night, I cannot control my strains, because I buy it in the black market. Daily usage gives anxiety, but it can take a time to it to appear, sometimes years, but once it is established, I don't know, it can take other years to normality be established again (namely considering heavy users, like me, more than 15 years smoking a lot daily). But I have never tried, I cannot stop it, weak and powerless

Weed is my fuel, It is so into my life, this makes the situation worse, in order to stop smoking it is necessary to restructure my life, hobbies, activities, friends etc

So I got to the point where I want to be taking benzos daily, once more

After many experiences, it came to my mind the idea of alternating different benzos to avoid the gaining of resistance and, in the future, more intense withdrawal symptoms.

I have with me: alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, and oxazepam.

I have just started, I will try empirically find the tune.

So far, I had two days of 10 mg oxazepam followed by two days of 0.5 mg alprazolam, I want to take therapeutic doses, low doses. Oxazepam is less sedating and give me very strange thoughts but it counterbalances well with the more sedating effects of alprazolam.

Suggestions are welcome.
It's funny you say that I do that all time and RX prescibed 3times a day which are tiny the 0.25mg alprazolam and I just stock pile them

but I got Xanax bars from a close friend she presses Xanax bars with all the ingredients in alprazolam tablets and they are solid they look legit I have fentanyl test kits I take piss tests once a week cause I'm on methadone.

I like alprazolam cause it kicks in fast an hard and get rid of anxiety right away, I feel clonzapam feels the same as Xanax/alprazolam after it kicks in it doesn't have a punch it just a subtle and gentle kick in, so clonzapam isn't then best for immediate anxiety, and after the peak of alprazolam ur left with quite a bit of sedation depends the dose u took.

but with kush and methadone I was feeling good from 2 bars and 2 p.1mg Clonidine pills for sedation and it feels good and added to the sedation and euphoria.

Alprazolam is probably my favorite benzo it lasts long enough for good amount of time and it kicks in fast and takes away anxiety instantly.

And my family the doctor gave me a script of 30 blue 10mg Valiums for a month and another refill , once the month is over

I like Valium it's my 2nd favorite it has muscle relaxant feeling to its buzz and it's nice and calm and it's just so relaxing , it's not meant for instant anxiety, it's just literally a chill pill with good sedation and strong muscle relaxing properties with it aswell. And it's good to for if your going through withdrawal Valium stays in ur system for 200hrs so u od so fast

And I got Etizolam solution so sublingual and the doses are 4mg/ml so that's equal to a bar. And Etizolam I like its not really benzo it's thienodiazepine but I still consider it a, but Etizolam feels like Valium and Xanax a bit mixed together but very less sedating then Valium or Xanax, but get rid of anxitey fast like Xanax and it has wthat calm Valium feeling relaxing and is able to take away benzo withdrawal in a instant, but can also give you the same withdrawal as well if u abuse Etizolam longer the 4-5weeks

But Those are the 3 benzos I switch through right now xanax/alprazolam, Valium and Etizolam all good I've been take benzos for 6 years but I've got addicted to taking them every day for 4 years of using benzos everyday.

I feel like you are taking a huge risk doing this yourself and I can see so much room for catastrophe.
Xanax and Clonazepam are so physically and psychologally addictive on their own. Valium and the others are up there too.

I'd stick to one for a few days then a different benzo but also for different occasions.
Xanax if your having a panic attack. Kpins for longer lasting and stronger effects.
Maybe the oxazepam for prevention in the morning and valium for those days when U need to relax.

Good luck finding a schedule that works. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned but I have faith that you will find your way :)