Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Alprazolam - Semi-experienced

semigenius

Bluelighter
Before I begin, I must say that I am relatively inexperienced with xanax. This was only my third time taking it, and it was my biggest dose. The first time was 1mg, the second time was 2.5mg and this time was 3mg. I will tell you about the 3mg.

I first smoked 1 gram of marijuana. I used a joint that I rolled with the paper from an Altoids tin. I smoked outside behind the shed. Right after I finished the joint, I ate the small amount of burned weed left in the joint. Why, I do not know. I then flick it away. I hear my dog bark, and I suddenly get very worried. I feel as if my parents are outside looking for me. I then realize that I'm just high, so I calm down. I walk out from behind the shed to see my dog. I'm somewhat startled. I then see my sister. My heart is racing. She nearly caught me. I reak of smoke, my eyes are red and who knows if she saw any smoke or heard me inhaling or coughing? I play it cool and go inside. She follows me and tells me that I smell like smoke. I act surprised and blame it on BO. I change my shirt and hide upstairs.

I then take some xanax. I have the pills in a weed baggy. I open the bag and shake some out. However much comes out is how much I take. 6 .5mg pills fall out. So I take them one by one, right after another.

Within ten minutes, I'm getting groggy. I begin to wonder if they're working. I forget that I took the pills, and I start watching 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'. It isn't easy to follow. I watch an episode where men in bath robes take the bartenders hostage. Now, after just taking 3mg of xanax, this is very hard to comprehend. I watch more episodes, but I put my face on my pillow and just listen to the insane conversations going on in the show.

I head downstairs to get some food. My parents are gone, but my sister is home. I am woozy, and I can't walk straight. I keep stumbling back. As I'm doing this, I keep wondering what the neighbors would think if they saw me stumbling around through the window. I head back upstairs, and black out again.

At around 10:00PM, I go downstairs to pee. The odd thing about me is that I get high on xanax after I black out. It's strange, but that's how it works with me. My parents are home, and I'm walking around in front of them while high on 3mg of xanax. And I've only done it 3 times before. So I'm slurring my voice, I can't think of the right thing to say and my sister tipped my mom off about how I smelled like smoke. My parents are suspicious, but I deny it.

The next day, I get a home drug test and test positive for marijuana. I tell them that I was with some kid who pulled out a joint, and I must have breathed it in. They don't believe me, but they don't want to admit that their son uses drugs, so they act like they bought my story.

For the entire day today, I felt out of it. I felt extremely depressed and very angry. I had very serious thoughts of suicide and I started screaming when I realized that my mother had put my blanket in the washing machine. I'm better now, though, thankfully.

The moral of the story is to stay away from benzos.

3mg is an excessively large dose for someone with little benzo tolerance in my opinion. It's not surprising that you experienced confusion, slurring and loss of motor control. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't just go to sleep for the night, or get amnesia and not remember a thing.

I would recommend taking less than 2mg at a time for the intolerant. I suppose I'm somewhat sensitive to benzos, but 1.5mg is my sweet spot. More just leads to amnesia for me.

That being said, benzos aren't really all that recreational anyway. I find they lack the euphoria and fun factor compared to alcohol or opiates. High doses just make me groggy, uncoordinated and apathetic and impair my judgment leading to stupid decisions. They are very usefuldrugs to have on hand though. They are very effective in therapeutic doses for the (short term) treatment of anxiety, and they are a godsend for getting to sleep when it seems impossible (from drugs primarily).

hope that helps.

be safe and have fun.

It was changed to follow the format of trip reports. There is a loose guideline for how it's supposed to be done. Level of experience and drug name should be present.

I never understood those people who are "GETTING HIGH" on benzodiazepines. :)