• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alprazolam question

BigWinners

Greenlighter
I know this has probably been posted a million times on here, but when I have roughly thirteen one mg footballs, I will take eight under the tongue, snort two, and save three to try and keep it going.

Is there a more effective way to maximize the potency? I know snorting Xanax is pretty pointless, but just doing one or two never seems to cause any issues.

Would I be better off dissolving all thirteen at once, or save the three for an hour or so later after I hit a bowl a couple times?

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people say white grapefruit juice can potentiate alprazolam but I haven't personally tried that. Just put a couple under your tongue and let them dissolve. Don't bother snorting them unless you like picking crusties out of your nose tomorrow. 8(

You didn't say what your tolerance is but 13 at once I feel is too much. By the way, we don't "swim" here so I edited your post. Welcome to Bluelight!

Okay, SWIM used to be the ackronym used, I been out of the loop awhile hehe

My dog has great tolerance, ten mgs is usually a good dose.

My dog always dissolves the majority, but inhales at least one or two to attempt to get that feeling faster.

Thanks for being nice and courteous.

And from experience, grapefruit juice really does work.

Frankly I think if your benzo dosage isn't working anymore, it's time to slow it down. You don't want a huge tolerance because you will just keep using more and more essentially ending up with a huge habit. Coming off them is a hellish withdrawal.

p.s. I meant to say we speak in the first person. :)

Although humour is a good defence mechanism for one's mental health there must come a point when a funny carefree attitude for +10mg Xanax tolerance will end up badly.

Wake up! You are using ten mgs of Xanax at once! Instead of thinking how to get more out of it you should definately start to consider how to get rid of that addiction.

You could also try flushing those two mgs of alprazolam from toilet which you are currently snorting as they will do you as much there as up in your nose.

Also I see only one way for you and your dog in a long run which is slowly tapering out of alprazolam.

As a recreational drug Xanax isn't even worth the withdrawals it will be giving as it leads to a cognitive impairment sooner or later and first signs of it is that a person starts SWIMming and forgettint that he was the one taking his drugs and not his dog.

There will be a lot of support when you are at the point when you start to think tapering out of the drugs and people will more likely answer out your questions with more nicely attitude then. I feel empathy for you although at the same time I might seem like pissed off but it is just to wale you up.

Yeah that's way too much, if you're not blackin out and doin crazy shit off of 10 mgs. at once, you gotta hell of a tolerance.

Hello BigWinners, as a prescription benzodiazepine user, I must back up my fellow Bluelighters in warning you about the high dosage your taking. Short acting benzodiazepines are dangerous when withdrawing from a high dosage. If you have a big habit a slower taper is required. Even if this is a once in a while thing, that is a very high dosage that usually leads to blackouts or other dangerous situations. Be safe. If you need any help, you have come to the right site.

Hello BigWinners, as a prescription benzodiazepine user, I must back up my fellow Bluelighters in warning you about the high dosage your taking. Short acting benzodiazepines are dangerous when withdrawing from a high dosage. If you have a big habit a slower taper is required. Even if this is a once in a while thing, that is a very high dosage that usually leads to blackouts or other dangerous situations. Be safe. If you need any help, you have come to the right site.

I too am prescribed 8mgs xanax. I am tapering under a doctors care. It has been nearly two weeks and I am at 6.5mg (this may seem fast, but the taper plan calls for a rapid taper down to 5mg, then a slower taper down to 2mg, and lastly an inchworm crawl from 2mg to 0). I also take 30mg temazepam a night. Yes I have been noticing cognitive impairment...its subtle. I will reread something I have posted and it will be missing key words that I swore I added to the post in question. Sometimes I lose my train of thought mid sentence or cannot remember the name of a certain thing I am describing causing me to say "whats'its'name" way more than I would like to.

I do not get any of the positive effects I once got from xanax. In the beginning they were a true lifesafer. My panic disorder and OCD would be mitigated to a point of leading a normal life, however, after a while they lose the positive effects and all you are left with is a dependence in which the only difference from not taking them is that I have an intense resurgence of my intrusive thoughts and compulsions. Xanax is not a recreational benzo whatsoever. It has led to many DUI's, failed marriages, and arrests due to benzo blackouts. The problem is you, as the user, do not feel that high so you end up redosing. You then still don't feel high (even though everyone around you knows due to you slurring your words and stumbling on the simplest of ideas) so you take more. Next thing you know, you have time traveled and have to piece together the previous day/s through your outgoing/incoming texts and calls, and pieces of conversation from friends...or at the most extreme you will have to piece it together from the arresting officer's statement.

The reason I can take 8mg and I do not black out, or experience the relief I used to is due to tolerance. If you are not tolerant of benzos I would steer clear of high dosing on xanax, or any of the other drugs in this classification. They are not recreational, and often are the culprit in fatal overdoses involving other Central Nervous Suppressants.

ps: Hey T. Calderone how you doing? I am switching insurance in january so here is crossing my fingers!!! Pray for me and I will pray for you.

I too am prescribed 8mgs xanax. I am tapering under a doctors care. It has been nearly two weeks and I am at 6.5mg (this may seem fast, but the taper plan calls for a rapid taper down to 5mg, then a slower taper down to 2mg, and lastly an inchworm crawl from 2mg to 0). I also take 30mg temazepam a night. Yes I have been noticing cognitive impairment...its subtle. I will reread something I have posted and it will be missing key words that I swore I added to the post in question. Sometimes I lose my train of thought mid sentence or cannot remember the name of a certain thing I am describing causing me to say "whats'its'name" way more than I would like to.

I do not get any of the positive effects I once got from xanax. In the beginning they were a true lifesafer. My panic disorder and OCD would be mitigated to a point of leading a normal life, however, after a while they lose the positive effects and all you are left with is a dependence in which the only difference from not taking them is that I have an intense resurgence of my intrusive thoughts and compulsions. Xanax is not a recreational benzo whatsoever. It has led to many DUI's, failed marriages, and arrests due to benzo blackouts. The problem is you, as the user, do not feel that high so you end up redosing. You then still don't feel high (even though everyone around you knows due to you slurring your words and stumbling on the simplest of ideas) so you take more. Next thing you know, you have time traveled and have to piece together the previous day/s through your outgoing/incoming texts and calls, and pieces of conversation from friends...or at the most extreme you will have to piece it together from the arresting officer's statement.

The reason I can take 8mg and I do not black out, or experience the relief I used to is due to tolerance. If you are not tolerant of benzos I would steer clear of high dosing on xanax, or any of the other drugs in this classification. They are not recreational, and often are the culprit in fatal overdoses involving other Central Nervous Suppressants.

ps: Hey T. Calderone how you doing? I am switching insurance in january so here is crossing my fingers!!! Pray for me and I will pray for you.
BigWinners or anyone reading this thread, this is an excellent example of chronic use and what it can lead to, when used correctly. This medication is no joke and must be respected to upmost degree.

manboychef, I have had similar things happen myself. We are learning and helping people like OP.

I think manboychef and I are some textbook examples of how you slowly became addicted to alprazolam without even thinking about it and while taking it for therapeutic reasons.

I used to take it for PTSD related panic attacks everyday and within a year I was taking 4mgs per day and I still suffered from panic attacks and CBT wasn't leading anywhere.

My therapist took the cat out of the bag and said that if I had thought about the benzos affecting negatively to my cognitive skills and if that could be the reason I couldn't benefit from CBT as it involves learning new behavioral and thought patterns.

Of course I had not thought about it as I am member of Mensa and couldn't be affected by such I thought initially but my therapist offered me to take IQ test and as confronted that directly I agreed to do the test.

Well I had still above average score but it wasn't high enough for Mensa anymore. This led me to acquire information on how benzos affect one's mind when taken daily for a long time and on next session we agreed that my therapist could call my psychiatrist and they would discuss about my benzo use and if we could figure out a good plan for tapering out.

I tapered out according to a plan with my therapist and other medical providers supporting me and had only minor withdrawals.

CBT started to have a positive effect and frequency and intensity of panic attacks has diminished since. I can manage months without having panic attack and when I do have one it is often so minor I can cope with the techniques I learned during CBT.

I still have Xanax with me if I do have major panic attack and use it sometimes for insomnia too if it is caused due anxiety. Of course we have set up limits for the use and I am supposed to use it up to four times a year for up to a week.

I guess I have had it easy as I have always had such wonderful professionals helping me to deal with my mental problems which has lead me to contact them soon when I have had any issues and I feel they have been an essential force for me as I have dealt with retiring early from military and the mental issues I had including the said PTSD and type II bipolar disorder along with back pain due combat trauma.

They of course say that I have to thank myself for seeking and accepting the help available as many patients refuse any help they could have as they have had bad experience before or have just been scared by internet horror stories about psychiatrists or such.

Also I have to thank our society for having "free" public healthcare. Of course we all pay hefty income taxes and VAT but I am sure scandinavian wellfare country is the way to go because those who are in a bad shape can have the help they need which prevents a lot of problems in a society as the crime rates are low and people feel safe.